Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree No Longer Proctored! (For now)
Good news everyone!!!! 

I was finishing up my last few OnlineDegree.com final exams and couldn't download the RPNow proctor. 

I emailed customer support and they said to take the final exam by entering the password at the bottom of the exam page of each course! No proctor and no $9 fee! (For now at least!) 

This makes OnlineDegree.com completely free! They offer 15 courses with 11 of them offering NCCRS credit (33 credits for free in total). 

The following courses can still be taken but no longer offer credit: 
- Introduction to Cooking 
- Introduction to Psychology
- Education & Literacy 
- Introduction to Public Health 

This (33) combined with TEEX cybersecurity (13) makes 46 completely free non-proctored credits for TESU!
Career goals: 
Physician - Anesthesiology - Health Tech, Innovation and Engineering 
Future: 
NSU Med - Doctor of Osteopathic Med - DO (2026-2030) 
NSU Med - MS Biological Sci (2025-2026) 
In Progress: 
TESU - AS Math (2023-2024) 
TESU - AS Business Admin (2023-2024) 
TESU - BA CS+Bio (2023-2024) 
TESU UG Certs - CIS, CS, OpsMan, FYFound (2023-2024) 
UMPI - BABA-ML (2024-2025) 
Completed: 
Elms College - MS BiomedSci (2021-2023) 
Elms College - UG Cert Postbacc PreHealth (2020-2021) 
Monmouth U - BS Chem, Minor Phys (2013-2018) 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Captainrekt000's post:
  • Pach
It's really too bad OnlineDegree won't get ACE accreditation. They'd be far more popular if they did. So few schools accept NCCRS.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, Vle045
I have been wanting to take my bundle of onlinedegree courses for ages! I was still grandfethered in the psychology and public health courses so if I pass the exam, I should still get the credit. I could never do the exam because it was impossible to download the proctor. Do I still need to download things?
(10-07-2024, 03:29 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I have been wanting to take my bundle of onlinedegree courses for ages! I was still grandfethered in the psychology and public health courses so if I pass the exam, I should still get the credit. I could never do the exam because it was impossible to download the proctor. Do I still need to download things?

Nope! On the final exam page, scroll all the way to the bottom. It will say something like "Enter this password in the box above to take the final exam". 

No downloading anything!
Career goals: 
Future: 
In Progress: 
Completed: 
Woooow!!!! This is awesome!!!!!
Just a reminder, even though they may have this as a freebie now, they're for individuals who are 18+, US citizen or permanent residents...
Here's a post of mine from 5 months back: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418951
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-07-2024, 11:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just a reminder, even though they may have this as a freebie now, they're for individuals who are 18+, US citizen or permanent residents...
Here's a post of mine from 5 months back: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418951

It would still be great for that motivated US citizen high school senior who just turned 18 and is graduating in a few months and is willing to go to TESU/SNHU where they'll be taken with ACE credits!

I just watched a video from College Hacked on YouTube about a 19-year-old who graduated with his BA in Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University with alternative credits. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSu8CjeLNZE
Career goals: 
Future: 
In Progress: 
Completed: 
I just finished 5 of the courses I left unfinished, really excited that I did so well in the Robotics one. I remember grilling two entire weekends finishing the insane amount of videos and now to finally have credits for the time effort is nice. Plus the course was quite fun and informative.

Sadly the public health course is getting 0 credit even though the website said users who signed up before the deadline would still get credit. Oh well.

The Cybersecurity and History courses won't let me do the exam unless I deliver 3 assignments. I don't remember seeing these here last year. They are supposed to get graded but even if you get a 0 with just an empty doc file technically the homework is ungraded. Seems like a huge time effort writing 3 paragraphs when it won't count anyways.

The final exam in Marketing was pretty difficult, the questions in the quizzes barely overlap with the final. Most final questions are definitions. I felt the robotics final exam to be quite doable, probably why I scored so well on it. The Biology final was quite hard and practically zero overlap with the quiz questions.

I notice that the Environmental science and Nutrition ones don't overlap with TESU with their Sophia equivalents, so since the course is free at least for now, might as well take them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(10-08-2024, 02:03 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I just finished 5 of the courses I left unfinished, really excited that I did so well in the Robotics one. I remember grilling two entire weekends finishing the insane amount of videos and now to finally have credits for the time effort is nice. Plus the course was quite fun and informative.

Sadly the public health course is getting 0 credit even though the website said users who signed up before the deadline would still get credit. Oh well.

The Cybersecurity and History courses won't let me do the exam unless I deliver 3 assignments. I don't remember seeing these here last year. They are supposed to get graded but even if you get a 0 with just an empty doc file technically the homework is ungraded. Seems like a huge time effort writing 3 paragraphs when it won't count anyways.

The final exam in Marketing was pretty difficult, the questions in the quizzes barely overlap with the final. Most final questions are definitions. I felt the robotics final exam to be quite doable, probably why I scored so well on it. The Biology final was quite hard and practically zero overlap with the quiz questions.

I notice that the Environmental science and Nutrition ones don't overlap with TESU with their Sophia equivalents, so since the course is free at least for now, might as well take them!

For Nutrition, Cybersecurity, History, and Education, I BSed the papers. I wrote like 2 sentences about the topic in a word document and sent it in. Nobody reads its nor grades it. It also says somewhere,  "This assignment is NOT GRADED but still needs to be submitted". 

As long as its submitted, it will let you continue with the course/to the final exam. I was expecting an email saying, "You need to redo this assignment" but it has been at least a month and no email -shrug- 

I just finished all 15 courses and earned 33 credits from the 11 credit-bearing courses, including the ones with BSed papers.

Also, I'm super happy I was able to help at least one person on this site!
Career goals: 
Future: 
In Progress: 
Completed: 
(10-08-2024, 01:22 PM)Captainrekt000 Wrote:
(10-07-2024, 11:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just a reminder, even though they may have this as a freebie now, they're for individuals who are 18+, US citizen or permanent residents...

It would still be great for that motivated US citizen high school senior who just turned 18 and is graduating in a few months and is willing to go to TESU/SNHU where they'll be taken with ACE credits!

I just watched a video from College Hacked on YouTube about a 19-year-old who graduated with his BA in Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University with alternative credits. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSu8CjeLNZE

I was recently talking about Liberty University.  Their degrees are very hackable, with lots of free electives per degree.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Difficulty

I have taken four courses with OnlineDegree.com, and the quality of their videos is the best I've seen from any alternative credit provider.

For each lesson, only the first video is crucial for the information used in quiz questions. The rest are supporting materials that you can skip through. While the cost is affordable, the courses are longer compared to other providers. To speed things up, you can watch the videos at 2x speed. However, they block you from advancing to the next video until a set time period has passed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 782 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
Sad Davar Academy No Longer Offering 50% Off? ExcellentPhoto 5 444 08-24-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 630 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 750 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 2,018 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 4,574 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia's English Comp is no longer a nightmare kylan11 16 8,623 02-23-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Study.com interrupted during proctored exam deeznoots 4 1,818 11-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study.com Proctored Exam Rules mikehart82 4 2,077 10-18-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,797 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing