Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musings on the Terms "Woke" and "DEI" as applied to Vice President Kamala Harris
Bluebooger believes that Sub-Saharan Africans are inherently inferior, so he isn't helping the belief that Trump supporters are racist. Some of you weren't members of the forum when this person was overtly racist. LevelUp also doesn't think it's racist for states to legally sanction chattel slavery. JD Vance said that the Republican Party had become the party of uneducated White people. Maybe he's right since Trump lost the college-educated White vote.

(08-05-2024, 09:59 PM)bradm31 Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 09:17 AM)Vle045 Wrote: These terms are used as insults BECAUSE of Trump and his MAGA cult.  Jump off the Trump train… it’s headed for disaster. And it’s led by a crook.

Absolutely ridiculous. The lies of CNN and Fox both are what led to an attempted assassination of the former President, lets be real. 

A crook? Kamala Harris kept an innocent BLACK man (and probably more) in prison and on death row, after receiving evidence of their innocence. 

Lets not pick and choose based off overly politicized legal issues, because one of them was the target of a political witch hunt and the other kept an innocent man on death row and withheld evidence to ensure he remained there in fear of looking ignorant...(a little late now)

Overall, Kamala will pick which race she wants to identify with based off where she is in the United States and the population she is pandering to. Thats all there is to it, and the sad thing is people are drinking the kool-aide and not even thinking for themselves.

It is the TDS all over again.

This has already been debunked along with the low IQ assertions that Harris has no Black ancestry or didn't identify as partially Black up until recently. 

Let's not forget that Hulk Hogan spoke at the RNC, and he admitted to being racist toward Black people in the 21st Century, not some distant past. Bluebooger is also openly a white supremacist who said that Black people are intellectually inferior. We have a few white supremacists on this forum.

How come the overt white supremacists are almost always the unintelligent losers of the White community? They believe that White people are genetically superior, but they are the most genetically inferior White people. Intelligent, intellectually-accomplished White people are smart enough to not be overt white supremacists.

In 2015, Hulk Hogan used the n-word and explicitly stated that he's racist. This year, allegedly, he fired a Black model for his beer company shortly after seeing her in person; he didn't previously know that she was Black. He, allegedly, fired another Black model after the first day and kept all of his White models.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44846142

Another person who spoke at the RNC was Amber Rose. Amber Rose is a mixed race sex worker of partial Black ancestry. She's accusing the left of denying her blackness, but several years ago, she clearly stated on a radio show that she is not a Black woman. Republicans are projecting their own issues onto Kamala Harris, who has always openly identified as being Black and Indian.

https://www.bet.com/article/0l6ces/amber...-rap-video
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ss20ts
The people who are attacking JD Vance for being married to an Indian woman are Trump supporters. One of those supporters is well-known white nationalist Nick Fuentes. Trump had dinner with Nick Fuentes, by the way.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/25...e-00070825
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Fake electors scheme.....nothing else needs to be said.
Completed:
UMPI: BA Criminal Justice
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 24 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
I've noticed a lot of fear, anxiety, and confusion about DEI in the posts above. I hope to clarify some of this and ease your concerns.

Humans naturally have biases. It's not inherently bad; our brains are wired to recognize patterns to help us make better predictions and decisions. However, these biases often stem from limited experiences, which is why they can be problematic.

DEI principles remind us to be aware of our biases and to actively counteract them, ensuring our decisions are as unbiased as possible. That's the essence of DEI.

Contrary to what some might believe, DEI is not about equality. It's about hiring the most qualified person for the job by removing biases and prejudices from the decision-making process.

The good news? When DEI principles are correctly applied, factors like race, sex, and religion will not adversely impact hiring decisions. The focus will be on selecting the most qualified candidate for the job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ifomonay's post:
  • Vle045
(08-06-2024, 01:55 PM)ifomonay Wrote: I've noticed a lot of fear, anxiety, and confusion about DEI in the posts above. I hope to clarify some of this and ease your concerns.

Humans naturally have biases. It's not inherently bad; our brains are wired to recognize patterns to help us make better predictions and decisions. However, these biases often stem from limited experiences, which is why they can be problematic.

DEI principles remind us to be aware of our biases and to actively counteract them, ensuring our decisions are as unbiased as possible. That's the essence of DEI.

Contrary to what some might believe, DEI is not about equality. It's about hiring the most qualified person for the job by removing biases and prejudices from the decision-making process.

The good news? When DEI principles are correctly applied, factors like race, sex, and religion will not adversely impact hiring decisions. The focus will be on selecting the most qualified candidate for the job.

A steaming crock. No one race is stupider than another but some races value academic and inter-generational achievement.  Jews and Chinese don't start out smarter.  Their parents invest heavily in their children's success.  Prejudice is simply an excuse.  I sat in classes for 5 years in maybe 90% white classes.  I had about 1/3 non-white profs from all over the world.  Was I subject to discrimination?

"It's about hiring the most qualified person for the job by removing biases and prejudices from the decision-making process."  Then why are neutral exams like SAT, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc never good enough.  If the tests are biased, create a culturally appropriate alternative and me and my white ass will ace it too.
(08-06-2024, 04:08 PM)Old Guy Wrote: A steaming crock. No one race is stupider than another but some races value academic and inter-generational achievement.  Jews and Chinese don't start out smarter.  Their parents invest heavily in their children's success.  Prejudice is simply an excuse.  I sat in classes for 5 years in maybe 90% white classes.  I had about 1/3 non-white profs from all over the world.  Was I subject to discrimination?

"It's about hiring the most qualified person for the job by removing biases and prejudices from the decision-making process."  Then why are neutral exams like  SAT, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc never good enough.  If the tests are biased, create a culturally appropriate alternative and me and my white ass will ace it too.

Subject to discrimination? No, you benefitted from discrimination. You didn't have to go to an inner city school where teachers are lucky if they have time to teach the kids who are desperately trying to learn after dealing with rampant misbehavior and violence. You probably had money for extra-curricular activities. You probably had parents or others who could actually help you with your homework.

I don't know what the answer is to fix the problem. I do know that just because I succeeded does not mean that others can just pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Blame poverty, discrimination, a culture that doesn't value education, or whatever you want to, but what I do know is that the KIDS don't deserve what they get regardless of the cause.

It would be immoral not to try. It would be evil to perpetuate the status quo on purpose.

There was a very good "This American Life" episode several years ago on the subject of education. It examined what happened when the Normandy school district in Missouri lost it's accreditation through poor performance. This triggered a state law that allowed students in the district to transfer to nearby accredited schools for free. It made a profound difference to the students who were suddenly allowed to attend a white suburban school.

I found the link:
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/562/transcript
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-06-2024, 05:12 PM)davewill Wrote: There was a very good "This American Life" episode several years ago on the subject of education. It examined what happened when the Normandy school district in Missouri lost it's accreditation through poor performance. This triggered a state law that allowed students in the district to transfer to nearby accredited schools for free. It made a profound difference to the students who were suddenly allowed to attend a white suburban school.

I found the link:

Why isn't every student allowed to attend whatever school they want on the government dime?  It's the only way the death grip of under-achievement in inner city schools can be broken.  Parents and students may very well choose schools that demand performance rather than forgive it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • LevelUP
(07-25-2024, 09:17 AM)Vle045 Wrote: These terms are used as insults BECAUSE of Trump and his MAGA cult.  Jump off the Trump train… it’s headed for disaster. And it’s led by a crook.

Dear colleagues, I am very sorry. I had no intention of stirring up this much animosity. 

I will not post or comment on political matters until November 5. I pray I will be magnanimous in victory. Best case - I will be gentle ln expressing a bit of schadenfreude. Worst case - I'll be eating crow

In the interim, please let's be civil to one and other. Heart Heart Big Grin
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • LevelUP
(08-06-2024, 09:34 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 05:12 PM)davewill Wrote: There was a very good "This American Life" episode several years ago on the subject of education. It examined what happened when the Normandy school district in Missouri lost it's accreditation through poor performance. This triggered a state law that allowed students in the district to transfer to nearby accredited schools for free. It made a profound difference to the students who were suddenly allowed to attend a white suburban school.

I found the link:

Why isn't every student allowed to attend whatever school they want on the government dime?  It's the only way the death grip of under-achievement in inner city schools can be broken.  Parents and students may very well choose schools that demand performance rather than forgive it.

Ever hear of the term, "White flight"?

I'm afraid a big part of the answer is that the parents in these more affluent school districts don't want poor and minority kids there and use their political influence and money to keep them out. That's why suburbs often have their own school districts. The loophole that let those kids transfer for free was plugged up soon after.

Another part of the answer is that it's hard on kids to ride the bus an hour each way every day, and back in forced integration days, many of the eligible families didn't take advantage of the programs.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-06-2024, 09:34 PM)Old Guy Wrote:

I found the link:

Arizona is trying this right now, and their budget is out of control. Wealthier families that were already sending their kids to private schools are the ones most likely to use the vouchers, and private schools in Arizona raised their tuitions knowing that these upper-middle class and upper class families are being subsidized. So, Arizona is stuck with the same budget for public schools since they haven't lost their poor and middle class students, and they're paying hundreds of millions for vouchers to well-off families.

DEI is the new n-word. Every elected Black official on the left is being called DEI. DEI has nothing to do with a mayoral election, but the mayor of Baltimore was called a DEI mayor. Republicans have selected Black nominees thinking they could win because they're Black. Remember brain-damaged, woman abuser, and child abandoner Herschel Walker? The man didn't have one thing that made him qualified to hold any office. Clarence Thomas was also a DEI appointee. He's one of the laziest Supreme Court justices in history, and George H.W. Bush chose him because he's Black and was replacing a Black justice.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When your opponent calls Kamala ‘communist,’ maybe don’t propose price controls? LevelUP 0 149 08-21-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  OUTRAGE! - Attempt on President Trump's Life Charles Fout 33 10,480 08-06-2024, 01:57 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Family Moves to Russia to Escape Woke LGBTQ Ideology, But It Doesn't Go Very Well Jonathan Whatley 4 1,834 07-25-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  DOJ says that Biden can't even remember when he was vice president LevelUP 5 725 02-10-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 666 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Haiti President Assassinated! OMG! bjcheung77 6 1,158 07-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Liberty U out a president Sparklette 9 1,795 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  American University Student Body President Wins Lawsuit sanantone 1 1,163 10-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Purdue University President remarks at 2019 commencement on today' Snowflake students Life Long Learning 2 1,348 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Big 3 Grad meets President of.... burbuja0512 6 1,947 03-30-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512