Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLEA Masstercursos master course
(12-30-2023, 04:23 PM)nykorn Wrote: ECE (a NACES member) has evaluated a titulo propio taken at ENEB Business School as equal to a regionally accredited USA Master's. As Masstercursos are all titulo propio, I would be interested if anyone who has gotten a Masstercursos Master's sent theirs in to ECE for evaluation. I will do so with mine whenever I graduate.

Yes, I misread, it was evaluated as a Bachelor's not a Master's. Sorry about that! And there is no way for me to delete or edit my message.
hey guys Dose mastercours required a bachelor degree before you can get your master diploma from them ?
(06-01-2024, 01:32 PM)dr master Wrote: hey guys Dose mastercours required a bachelor degree before you can get your master diploma from them ?

I believe to complete the Masstercursos degree you do not have to have a Bachelor's degree. However to complete the Masstercursos/CLEA degree "it is strictly necessary to have a bachelor's degree or university degree." Some of their webpages have not been updated with this information. You can always write them to confirm the current policy.
FCE IEE and many other NACES evaluators evaluate Mexican propios differently from Spanish propios. For IEE, CLEA degrees would be evaluated as a Masters degree from a regionally accredited institution but unaccredited program due to these programs not having RVOE. For Spain, IEE evaluates the propio with full accreditation but as some type of certificate of completion (graduate certificate).
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • Messdiener
I totally forgot about that I bought this 64 ECTS Masstercursos course (started a new degree at WGU and was doing ENEB too). Checked my account and I bought it on December 6 2023 and you have a year to finish after purchase, so I could still finish it. The good thing is tech has improved an insane amount in that short amount of time, as an example you can now get AI to sub OR dub videos to your language. So I hope to restart doing this course and get the diploma. Does anyone know if you can purchase an extension if you don't make it on time?
(09-15-2023, 10:11 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: Probably speculation based on how IEE has evaluated Master Propios in the past, i.e. Universidad Isabel I/ENEB.  IEE may evaluate CLEA as a regionally accredited institution / non-accredited program instead of a graduate certificate since it is located in Mexico which is a little different than Spain because Mexican universities can issue degrees without government oversight (RVOE) like Universidad Azteca does frequently for all degree levels.  I believe CLEA and Universidad Azteca's degrees would be given the same recognition with the non-accredited program message while Spanish Master Titulo Propios won't get the non-accredited status but rather a graduate studies or certificate recognition.

It depends on what part of the Consortium would be evaluated.   Like UI1/ENEB, it is integration by parts type evaluation in regards to one entity of the consortium instead of the whole.

I don't know the quality of the Master Cursos programs, but the 3,000 ECTS one would be a great deal if it's able to get favorable FCE reviews, and it's not that common to see one with that many ECTS attached, so I imagine they are testing that out to see if it gets people over the hump with evaluators like ECE that come up with junk reasoning to deny a foreign graduate degrees their full recognition. A number of U.S. FCEs take the position that 1500 ECTS is only equivalent to 1 year of post-Bachelor's studies. I've only known of that changing with Spanish Master's degrees when they're official, but even then you can find examples from Europe where U.S. FCEs recognized a grad degree from that region as less than that.
I had a similar experience when trying to get a foreign degree evaluated for work in the U.S. It was frustrating because the evaluators didn’t recognize the full value of the program. I think with programs like the 3,000 ECTS Master Cursos, it’s a gamble—some evaluators might see the value, while others might stick to their rigid standards. It's definitely worth doing some research into how specific evaluators handle degrees like these before committing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 2,750 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,268 747,607 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,709 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 13,181 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 20,477 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 1,016 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 255 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 677 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No Bachelor's Degree Required for Master of Taxation sanantone 2 1,600 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Nearly half of master degree programs have no ROI sanantone 8 1,651 08-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings