Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLEA Masstercursos master course
(07-16-2023, 11:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: These seem like good options for filling gaps of knowledge, I would try these out for experience, having the extra ECTS is just icing on the cake.
CLEA is one of the participating universities and the main one it seems as the logo on top shows theirs, they also are on the list.
Here's the list of participating universities: https://ua3.lat/university-home/circulo-...mericanas/
CLEA is from Mexico as per their link when clicking the logo: https://ua3.lat/universidades/universida...olioCats=8

I skimmed through UAIII's site, and on their accrediting universities page, they really highlight Universidad CLEA as their primary partner. They go so far as to explain:

Quote:During the year 2022-2023, we issued university degrees jointly with the CLEA University (Latin American College of Advanced Education). These are university extension diplomas, dependent on the postgraduate department of the UCLEA, which are processed through its Spanish delegation, UCLEA Spain, since they are also training courses carried out in conjunction with the network of training centers to which the Spanish institution Doctrina Qualitas accredits.

In this way, the UCLEA takes advantage of and strengthens its presence in Europe, while also facilitating the Círculo de Universidades Hispanoamericanas Universidad Alfonso III El Magno its international positioning, with an increase in activities in Spain (and Europe).

Presumably, they're speaking of the programs offered by Masstercursos and any similar providers in Spain. Depending on UCLEA's legal standing in Spain, perhaps these would be Spanish rather than Mexican degrees then?

Quite the rabbit hole we could go down here!
On the diploma ot says...

"Título universitario dependiente del Departamento de Posgrado de la Universidad CLEA"

"Formación realizada en el centro asociado MASSTERCURSOS con una carga lectiva de 1600 horas con 107 créditos académicos, equivalentes a 64 créditos ECTS, con fecha de inicio 20/06/2022 y fecha de finalización 12/06/2023. Título de extensión universitaria-formación permanente dependiente del Departamento de Posgrado de la Universidad CLEA de México, en expedición conjunta con la Agencia Universitaria DQ y UAIII."

"Titulo propio no oficial de la Universidad CLEA. Habilita al titular para disponer de las gestiones para el acceso y solicitud de convalidaciones a cualquier universidad del Espacio Europeo de Educación Superior, así como, para las gestiones de acceso y solicitud de convalidaciones a cualquier universidad latinoamericana a través del reconocimiento académico que ofrecen a este diploma DQ y el Círculo de Universidades Hispanoamericanas Universidad Alfonso III El Magno."

"Universidad registrada en México como Institución de Educación Superior del Sistema Nacional de Educación, incorporada al IEA-SEP 01PSU0028R"

OR...

"University degree dependent on the Postgraduate Department of the CLEA University"

"Training carried out at the associated center MASSTERCURSOS with a study load of 1600 hours with 107 academic credits, equivalent to 64 ECTS credits, with a start date of 06/20/2022 and an end date of 06/12/2023. University extension degree- permanent formation dependent on the Postgraduate Department of the CLEA University of Mexico, in joint expedition with the DQ University Agency and UAIII."

"Universidad CLEA's own non-official degree. It enables the holder to have the procedures for access and request for validation to any university in the European Higher Education Area, as well as for the procedures for access and request for validation to any university Latin America through the academic recognition offered to this diploma by DQ and the Circle of Hispanic American Universities Alfonso III El Magno University."

"University registered in Mexico as a Higher Education Institution of the National Education System, incorporated into IEA-SEP 01PSU0028R"
I remember that the university in Mexico needs to have the University AND each degree they offer incorporated and Valid in the correspondent secretary of education (state or federal) since you are inscribed until you finish. You can check that and tell me if I'm wrong.
If they have a RVOE for a degree you have to check that the RVOE stays valid (but this is for officials degrees). You can have the RVOE Federal or State validated.
If you are talking about not official pieces of paper(If I understand you well)...from Mexico that are given across a Spanish business....yeahhh.....I will pass, but please make your own research.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-16-2023, 09:19 AM)Messdiener Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 12:33 AM)eLearner Wrote: I see they list WES on their syllabus pages which gives the impression that they've had students receive favorable evaluations from WES before, but I haven't seen any WES evaluations discussed regarding this school here or anywhere.

Yes, this seems to be a new addition to their program pages. I can't take credit for its appearance, but it did show up only a few days after I wrote them about foreign degree evaluations. As I recall from our email exchange, they said that it's no problem to send documents to WES, though did not specify what previous outcomes their students have received.

CLEA/MASSTERCURSOS is likely to be evaluated by WES USA very similarly to ENEB with a non-accredited Masters equivalent.    WES USA often evaluates the teaching schools instead of the certifying/validating institutions and sometimes blacklist these partnerships altogether.  WES Canada might give it a recognized Masters equivalency as they did with ENEB recognizing Universidad Isabel I as the certifying school.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
(07-19-2023, 03:34 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: CLEA/MASSTERCURSOS is likely to be evaluated by WES USA very similarly to ENEB with a non-accredited Masters equivalent.    WES USA often evaluates the teaching schools instead of the certifying/validating institutions and sometimes blacklist these partnerships altogether.  WES Canada might give it a recognized Masters equivalency as they did with ENEB recognizing Universidad Isabel I as the certifying school.

It's a shame that the same organization can't be consistent across the board, but I guess we're all human, right?

As to WES Canada specifically, I think that's still an overall win for the price point we're talking about here (roughly €169).

Though, now that I think about it, would the WES evaluation cost more than the degree? ?
I found two people on linkedin with a Master that's certified by CLEA. One was awarded by Masstercursos and the other by ESNECA.
A third person only had a Validential Evaluation on his profile.

Attached Files
.png   Evaluation.png (Size: 93.91 KB / Downloads: 76)
WES refuses to evaluate CLEA now. 

I suggest avoiding taking any courses that led to a CLEA degree.

Attached Files
.jpeg   5C600FE1B2780E195B1E3D13B248A390_1690000382908.jpeg (Size: 330.98 KB / Downloads: 74)
(07-21-2023, 08:57 PM)arad Wrote: I found two people on linkedin with a Master that's certified by CLEA. One was awarded by Masstercursos and the other by ESNECA.

While Validential isn't as well-regarded in some circles, it's still good to see that someone was able to get RA recognition through that channel.

(07-21-2023, 11:38 PM)xianbd Wrote: WES refuses to evaluate CLEA now. 

I suggest avoiding taking any courses that led to a CLEA degree.

That go well with the WES logos that Masstercursos is putting on most of their program pages. Oops!
(07-21-2023, 08:57 PM)arad Wrote: I found two people on linkedin with a Master that's certified by CLEA. One was awarded by Masstercursos and the other by ESNECA.

I'm not surprised about Validential.  It seems that as long as the degree program has some reputable school or program accreditation, and/or validation by an accredited partner, they will give the degree a full recognition evaluation.   I think IEE would give CLEA a graduate certificate equivalency evaluation just like they have with ENEB.      

WES on the other hand wants to blacklist all of these validation-type partnerships. I hate WES because they generally have the monopoly or at least they think they do for foreign credential evaluations.  They are the most complained about of all evaluators among customers and have an F rating with the (BBB) Better Business Bureau.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • Messdiener
(07-22-2023, 01:11 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:

I'm not surprised about Validential.  It seems that as long as the degree program has some reputable school or program accreditation, and/or validation by an accredited partner, they will give the degree a full recognition evaluation.   I think IEE would give CLEA a graduate certificate equivalency evaluation just like they have with ENEB.      

WES on the other hand wants to blacklist all of these validation-type partnerships. I hate WES because they generally have the monopoly or at least they think they do for foreign credential evaluations.  They are the most complained about of all evaluators among customers and have an F rating with the (BBB) Better Business Bureau.

In some ways, that's a very generous but somehow fair assessment, on the part of Validential. The same geos for IEE.

It makes me wonder how Validential and IEE would treat some of these non-university programs from Spain. While some places like Eudes Universitas have looked a bit more questionable (especially because such learning centers don't even publish their course content nor module lists), I wonder what some others that appear to run more 'legitimate' (which I use very loosely here). I'm thinking of some of the postgraduate centers like ISPEDUC or ITEAP. These aren't affiliated with any universities but clearly do have a well-developed curriculum for each program, ECTS for their degree programs, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Messdiener's post:
  • cacoleman1983

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,158 702,635 Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 846 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 177 16,607 09-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 775 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 135 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 581 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 12 1,800 08-22-2024, 12:49 PM
  No Bachelor's Degree Required for Master of Taxation sanantone 2 1,489 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Nearly half of master degree programs have no ROI sanantone 8 1,479 08-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  Georgia Tech Master of Science in Analytics Kjnova 2 441 08-05-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Kjnova