Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admission to US Masters degrees through ENEB?
(06-07-2024, 08:54 AM)Wowbagger Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 06:07 PM)eLearner Wrote: As for the test-based degree, that's just junk. 50 questions is not sufficient for a Master's, and now that Isabel no longer awards their degree unless you take the real Master's course where you actually do real work, you would be relegated only to the ENEB diploma which may not get favorable evaluation results. I say, it's best to do the work and earn the Isabel degree just so you won't get any surprises come evaluation time.

This is interesting and I hadn't heard about it. So, if you go down the test route now you cannot get an Isabel certificate? I guess the few hundred (thousand?) who managed to get Isabel degree certificates during that short period where the exam version was still new should count themselves very, very lucky.

You can still get Isabel certificate. You have to pay extra for it though since only the digital ENEB documents are free.
(06-07-2024, 02:53 AM)David1477 Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 05:03 PM)Duneranger Wrote: LMAO these sketchy short cuts are so ridiculous. Just go get a normal RA degree like 99.9999% of people. Why make it so complicated....

I don't live inside of the US and my yearly salary is 12k$ working 3 jobs. This salary feeds a family of 4. If I would have the money then sure, I'd just go pay 40k for a bachelors and 20k for a masters like the average person in the US does and life would be great.

But I don't. That's why I have to take the "ridiculous LMAO sketchy short cuts" as you call them. Through Sophia + UoPeople I will soon have a bachelors degree for 1k USD total. Dumb sketchy shortcut or the only way to obtain a bachelors degree in my situation? Decide yourself.

That's why the option of getting a RA masters (starting at about 10k besides very very few competency based exceptions) is a complicated topic for me and I look for ways to minimize costs.

I have read several comments on the forum that UMPI accepts UoPeople credits as transfer credits for undergraduate programs but doesn't accept their students for the MAOL. UMASS Global, the only other RA Masters degree you can get cheaply if youre fast, explicitly states "regionally accredited undergraduate degree" in their admission requirements. This led to me the idea of fulfilling these requirements via ENEB if that's possible.

I lean towards UMPI MAOL due to the cost. WGU is not available to me and UMASS Global seems to have stricter requirements but would be an option too, ofc.

Another thing to add for understanding:

"Why don't you just pursue a local degree"? My country doesn't offer distance/online degrees and I can't stop working because my residence permit will be revoked if I don't work.

Forget what is said on forums. ASK UMPI DIRECTLY!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • allvia
@David1477 - Once your UoPeople degree has been conferred you should just apply to UMPI for the MAOL and see what happens, especially being an international student.  It is currently one of the lowest cost options, but new options come up all the time, or requirements change (even for international students).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • David1477, ss20ts
(06-07-2024, 01:59 PM)allvia Wrote: @David1477 - Once your UoPeople degree has been conferred you should just apply to UMPI for the MAOL and see what happens, especially being an international student.  It is currently one of the lowest cost options, but new options come up all the time, or requirements change (even for international students).

I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.

But yeah, the easiest way to find out will be to apply once I have the degree and I will surely try it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes David1477's post:
  • allvia
(06-07-2024, 03:41 PM)David1477 Wrote: I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.
Until recently an outside company was contracted to answer certain admissions inquiries to UMPI YourPace. They were famously unreliable with complicated inquiries. But the contract ended and UMPI brought those services in-house. This should augur well for your new inquiry.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • allvia, ss20ts
(06-07-2024, 03:41 PM)David1477 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 01:59 PM)allvia Wrote: @David1477 - Once your UoPeople degree has been conferred you should just apply to UMPI for the MAOL and see what happens, especially being an international student.  It is currently one of the lowest cost options, but new options come up all the time, or requirements change (even for international students).

I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.

But yeah, the easiest way to find out will be to apply once I have the degree and I will surely try it.

Who did you write to?
(06-07-2024, 06:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 03:41 PM)David1477 Wrote:

Who did you write to?

I wrote to umpi-admissions@maine.edu
(06-07-2024, 09:47 AM)karehiro Wrote: You can still get Isabel certificate. You have to pay extra for it though since only the digital ENEB documents are free.

I heard something different, but if what you posted is accurate, that's a shame.
ENEB/Isabel partnership allows up to 3 Masters or 90 ECTS within a year, if you pay for it, you'll get the physical diploma and so on... If you wait a few months, you can rinse and repeat, thus, you can get another 90 ECTS and 3 extra Masters, again, you'll have to pay extra for those as well, but you should get another set of physical diploma and etc...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-08-2024, 01:56 AM)David1477 Wrote: I wrote to umpi-admissions@maine.edu

You need to email someone in the actual admissions office not the generic admissions emails address. 

https://www.umpi.edu/admissions/admissions-crew/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "ACCREDITED CHEAPEST MASTERS" in the WORLD. +Online Degree Geonho Lee 0 45 1 hour ago
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,217 718,124 6 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 82 40,295 09-19-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 7 863 09-15-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,455 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,473 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,178 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 625 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 413 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  CU Boulder Masters on Coursera spohara 17 8,020 08-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: spohara