Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters Data Science
And for $8500 USD, their Australian partner - Deakin University offers the same degree, MS Data Science. You get a PG Dip from U of Texas as well. It's interesting how they work, it seems like they're very similar to Coursera, Edx, FutureLearn, Udacity, UpGrad and other MOOC providers. Link: https://www.mygreatlearning.com/ms-data-...-programme
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-13-2023, 06:02 PM)smartdegree Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:49 PM)bennyoftheD Wrote: I'm not sure if you guys have seen this.... 

Masters in Data Science from Northwestern University for $13k. 

However... its being offered through Great Learning

I dont have much experience with Great Learning... I am currently doing a National University of Singapore executive education program through their platform and if its anything to go by then it may be videos from Northwestern with live sessions held by Great Learning faculty. 

Not sure if the same would apply to the Masters program. Anyone have experience with this program?

I am considering applying but am having challenges with the two recommendation letters required (long story....cant let my coworkers/manager know that I am studying) which makes the Coursera CU Boulder admission more attractive. 

https://www.mygreatlearning.com/ms-data-...-programme

EDIT: For some courses the price varies based on location. Certain locations may not be able to see some programs (e.g US)
Great find!  Thanks for sharing!  If this is real, then that is a hell of a deal - probably the cheapest degree offered by Northwestern, a very prestigious university!

Part of me believes if things are too good to be true...Anyone here who actually applied/enroled in this program?

The skeptic in me is asking why the webpage of MSDS at Northwestern SPS says 58,860 as the total cost?
https://sps.northwestern.edu/masters/dat...-costs.php

How can they offer 2 different prices?
I think the pricing of the program was for students based in India but it seems like they’re allowing others to join as well. 

I really want to do the program however the recommendation requirement is preventing me. 

I sent in my application so will try to source recommendations and let you guys know if I join and how it goes.
[quote pid='388927' dateline='1678784249']
I think the pricing of the program was for students based in India but it seems like they’re allowing others to join as well. 

I really want to do the program however the recommendation requirement is preventing me. 

I sent in my application so will try to source recommendations and let you guys know if I join and how it goes.
[/quote]

I started the application just out of curiosity and it mentions that there are mandatory in-person sessions in India.  Were you able to figure out what that was about and how many sessions there are?  If it requires constant travel to India, that might be a dealbreaker.   But if it's just one session, that might be doable and probably a fun vacation.
(03-14-2023, 05:58 AM)smartdegree Wrote: [quote pid='388927' dateline='1678784249']

I started the application just out of curiosity and it mentions that there are mandatory in-person sessions in India.  Were you able to figure out what that was about and how many sessions there are?  If it requires constant travel to India, that might be a dealbreaker.   But if it's just one session, that might be doable and probably a fun vacation.
[/quote]
The brochure says “two in person learning sessions in India”. It doesn’t say how many days.
(03-14-2023, 08:47 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 05:58 AM)smartdegree Wrote: [quote pid='388927' dateline='1678784249']

The brochure says “two in person learning sessions in India”. It doesn’t say how many days.
[/quote]

Yes it’s two in person sessions. I’ve dropped Great Learning an email to check up on this. Hoping they get back soon.

(03-14-2023, 08:47 AM)Pats20 Wrote:

[/quote]

Yes it’s two in person sessions. I’ve dropped Great Learning an email to check up on this. Hoping they get back soon.
So I had a talk with one of Great Learning's enrolment advisors and here are more details:

1) If you studied outside the US, you need to have your transcripts evaluated from a NACES member. However, Great Learning has a partnership with one of the NACES providers where you can have your transcripts evaluated for FREE.

2) The program has multiple intakes per year.

3) Total Cost will include $13K tuition + $1K residency fees (2 residencies, includes accommodation) + ~$120 proctor fees. So total of around $14,120 + Airfare to the residencies.

4) The 2 residencies in India are mandatory. You cannot graduate unless you've attended both residencies.

5) Admissions applications are done in Northwestern's application system and admissions review/decisions are made by Northwestern, NOT Great Learning. Great Learning's role is to help applicants with questions on the application process, but they have no control over who gets admitted or not. I believe this is great as it maintains Northwestern's high standards. The enrolment advisor says that the acceptance rate for the program is ~18%, which is pretty selective compared to Georgia Tech or UT Austin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • Pikachu
I’m curious how long these residencies are ?
(03-14-2023, 07:37 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I’m curious how long these residencies are ?

I think he said 3-5 days for each residency.
This is rather intriguing. A Master's degree from Northwestern for $13k is a steal. I went to the website and saw today is the last day to apply. I was going to apply, but I have an issue. The link to the application doesn't go to the NU application system. I was really hesitant in entering personal information. Although I'm sure it's probably a third-party site that's authorized to process the application, it was enough to spook me. I don't want to risk giving out personal information that I can't trust. I tried to see if anywhere on the NU website (both SPS and the main website), and I see no references to this program. I'm just too paranoid. I applied to the UT Austin program about a week ago, but if I had a choice, I think NU is better than Austin.
Wait, this is a US based program, yet you have to take residencies by flying to India? What's the logic in that? Couldn't they create virtual residencies instead of having people fly to India? If they create a cohort, and have people all complete the cohort residency online, it'll save everyone energy, money, time and be less of a hassle...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Augusta U Online - $7-8k Masters Degrees!!! Captainrekt000 24 2,125 10-24-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Courcelles
  European Center for Education in Business and Science (ECEBiS) Travis_CVUgrad 5 714 10-22-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 444 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  University of the Cumberlands - Masters in Data Science dleewo 0 204 10-09-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dleewo
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 11 3,206 10-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: spohara
  "ACCREDITED CHEAPEST MASTERS" in the WORLD. +Online Degree Geonho Lee 21 3,177 09-29-2024, 11:00 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 10 1,793 09-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 7 1,081 09-15-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  New Boston U MS Data Science $25K smartdegree 10 1,153 09-12-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 722 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader