Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help
This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

After that, do I have a say on which classes to take? I understand there’s a set number of required upper lever classes I must take, but where do I find that information? I never had a phone interview with Jessica, so I’m a little lost. I've checked my Student Center - Degree Progress but it just tells me,  current classes. Nothing specific.

I want to avoid taking classes with exams as I’m a terrible test taker.
Almost no classes have exams, so don't worry too much about that. But you can email Jessica about your concerns and to coordinate which classes you need to take.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-14-2023, 04:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Almost no classes have exams, so don't worry too much about that. But you can email Jessica about your concerns and to coordinate which classes you need to take.

Thank you Rachel83az. I'll email Jessica.
(01-13-2023, 10:00 PM)galileom Wrote: This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

After that, do I have a say on which classes to take? I understand there’s a set number of required upper lever classes I must take, but where do I find that information? I never had a phone interview with Jessica, so I’m a little lost. I've checked my Student Center - Degree Progress but it just tells me,  current classes. Nothing specific.

You will need to work with Jessica on your courses. She should have emailed you a degree evaluation form which lists what courses are still needed to complete your degree when you enrolled. You will need to select UL courses for the BLS. You can take any UL courses offered on YourPace including English, history, poli sci, criminal justice, and business. 

Don't use the Student Center. That's for on campus students and has nothing for YourPace in it.
(01-14-2023, 01:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 10:00 PM)galileom Wrote: This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

You will need to work with Jessica on your courses. She should have emailed you a degree evaluation form which lists what courses are still needed to complete your degree when you enrolled. You will need to select UL courses for the BLS. You can take any UL courses offered on YourPace including English, history, poli sci, criminal justice, and business. 

Don't use the Student Center. That's for on campus students and has nothing for YourPace in it.

Oh, wow - I didn't know the Student Center was just for on-campus students. I am going to definitely communicate more with Jessica. Thanks, Ss20ts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,623 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 5 190 Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 96,556 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,185 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 3 342 10-08-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: seven9781
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 445 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Guidance on moving forward jonho 6 247 10-07-2024, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 401 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,254 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,188 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: ss20ts