Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help (/Thread-Guidance-on-future-UMPI-classes-please-help)

Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - galileom - 01-13-2023

This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

After that, do I have a say on which classes to take? I understand there’s a set number of required upper lever classes I must take, but where do I find that information? I never had a phone interview with Jessica, so I’m a little lost. I've checked my Student Center - Degree Progress but it just tells me,  current classes. Nothing specific.

I want to avoid taking classes with exams as I’m a terrible test taker.

RE: Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - rachel83az - 01-14-2023

Almost no classes have exams, so don't worry too much about that. But you can email Jessica about your concerns and to coordinate which classes you need to take.

RE: Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - galileom - 01-14-2023

(01-14-2023, 04:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Almost no classes have exams, so don't worry too much about that. But you can email Jessica about your concerns and to coordinate which classes you need to take.

Thank you Rachel83az. I'll email Jessica.

RE: Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - ss20ts - 01-14-2023

(01-13-2023, 10:00 PM)galileom Wrote: This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

After that, do I have a say on which classes to take? I understand there’s a set number of required upper lever classes I must take, but where do I find that information? I never had a phone interview with Jessica, so I’m a little lost. I've checked my Student Center - Degree Progress but it just tells me,  current classes. Nothing specific.

You will need to work with Jessica on your courses. She should have emailed you a degree evaluation form which lists what courses are still needed to complete your degree when you enrolled. You will need to select UL courses for the BLS. You can take any UL courses offered on YourPace including English, history, poli sci, criminal justice, and business. 

Don't use the Student Center. That's for on campus students and has nothing for YourPace in it.

RE: Guidance on future UMPI classes, please help - galileom - 01-14-2023

(01-14-2023, 01:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 10:00 PM)galileom Wrote: This might be a dumb question, but how do I know which classes to finish in order to graduate? I chose the Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies with a management minor. I transfer 90 credits.  My first two classes for this coming session are Intro to Project Management and College Composition II.

You will need to work with Jessica on your courses. She should have emailed you a degree evaluation form which lists what courses are still needed to complete your degree when you enrolled. You will need to select UL courses for the BLS. You can take any UL courses offered on YourPace including English, history, poli sci, criminal justice, and business. 

Don't use the Student Center. That's for on campus students and has nothing for YourPace in it.

Oh, wow - I didn't know the Student Center was just for on-campus students. I am going to definitely communicate more with Jessica. Thanks, Ss20ts.