Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.03 Average
ENEB Master Thread
I contacted IEE to ask if they consider Titulo Propio master degrees to be equated to a graduate certificate. And this is their response.

Quote:Thank you for contacting IEE.
And yes, that's correct. The Titulo Propio in the US is equal to a Graduate Certificate in the subject they specialized in.

We do not consider Título Propio degree programs as equivalent to US master's degrees as they do not grant access to doctoral study in Spain. Only official Máster Universitario would be considered equivalent to US master's degrees by IEE.

Hope this information helps and we would be glad to work with you.

Attached Files
.jpg   iee.jpg (Size: 458.53 KB / Downloads: 48)
[-] The following 1 user Likes thodeptrai's post:
  • eLearner
(09-15-2022, 08:49 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: I contacted IEE to ask if they consider Titulo Propio master degrees to be equated to a graduate certificate. And this is their response.

And yes, that's correct. The Titulo Propio in the US is equal to a Graduate Certificate in the subject they specialized in.

We do not consider Título Propio degree programs as equivalent to US master's degrees as they do not grant access to doctoral study in Spain. Only official Máster Universitario would be considered equivalent to US master's degrees by IEE.

WOW! Thank you for sharing. One less NACES Evaluator to deal with. IEE is absolutely off my list!
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2024
Master's in Project Management  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2024
MBA  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
BA (Equivalent)  |  NACES, ECE

In Progress

Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master of Arts in Human Rights Practice | University of Arizona
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts, Excelsior University 

I would say "hey, a 30-credit graduate certificate/diploma would be pretty valuable!" But by the time they get to barbering credits, it'll be evaluated as a GED.
(09-15-2022, 09:21 PM)eLearner Wrote: I would say "hey, a 30-credit graduate certificate/diploma would be pretty valuable!" But by the time they get to barbering credits, it'll be evaluated as a GED.

Why as a GED?
michaeladsmith2 Wrote:Lastly, because I paid for it, ECE will mail this Report to TESU ($45)...$30 for the official paper copy report & $15 for USPS Priority Mail. As soon as I get my second TESU Degree Audit/Evaluation, I will share with you all how TESU evaluated and applied these credits to my BALS or BSBA degrees. They did recommend that I change my major from the Liberal Arts to the Business Admin. We will see how these ENEB courses apply to the program. I await!

Excelsior and TESU have other degree options as well, such as the Bachelors in Professional Studies.  I would look into that in addition to the BSBA, the BALS/BSLA would not be the place to have these credits placed.  It really depends on which degree is more for you, a Business degree, a Liberal Studies, or a Professional Studies?  Excelsior, you need a minimum of 7 credits residency, at TESU you will need to decide on doing the 16 residency credits or paying the residency waiver fee.  If you get tuition assistance/reimbursement from work, you may want to consider completing the 16 credits for residency at TESU, if none, Excelsior will be cheaper in the long run...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2022, 10:30 PM)durain Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 09:21 PM)eLearner Wrote: I would say "hey, a 30-credit graduate certificate/diploma would be pretty valuable!" But by the time they get to barbering credits, it'll be evaluated as a GED.

Why as a GED?
I was just mocking how these evaluators think. They've evaluated Doctorates as Master's, and Master's as Associate degrees all with ridiculous reasoning behind it. The industry is just out of control.
(09-15-2022, 11:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
michaeladsmith2 Wrote:Lastly, because I paid for it, ECE will mail this Report to TESU ($45)...$30 for the official paper copy report & $15 for USPS Priority Mail. As soon as I get my second TESU Degree Audit/Evaluation, I will share with you all how TESU evaluated and applied these credits to my BALS or BSBA degrees. They did recommend that I change my major from the Liberal Arts to the Business Admin. We will see how these ENEB courses apply to the program. I await!

Excelsior and TESU have other degree options as well, such as the Bachelors in Professional Studies.  I would look into that in addition to the BSBA, the BALS/BSLA would not be the place to have these credits placed.  It really depends on which degree is more for you, a Business degree, a Liberal Studies, or a Professional Studies?  Excelsior, you need a minimum of 7 credits residency, at TESU you will need to decide on doing the 16 residency credits or paying the residency waiver fee.  If you get tuition assistance/reimbursement from work, you may want to consider completing the 16 credits for residency at TESU, if none, Excelsior will be cheaper in the long run...

Hey thanks for the feedback. I am contemplating both schools. That $3,700 Residency Waiver Fee @ TESU is a huge sticking point for me. Indeed Excelsior would be cheaper. I am speaking with both of them concerning this report / ENEB transferability. I'm trying to get to the 113/114 credits so all I would have is the Cornerstone, Capstone and Info Lit courses. But considering all this, I may end up going with Excelsior.
Completed

Master in Business & Corporate Communication  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022

In Progress

(09-15-2022, 08:49 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: I contacted IEE to ask if they consider Titulo Propio master degrees to be equated to a graduate certificate. And this is their response.

That's good that they confirmed what I had already found out over a year ago and was put in the forum's ENEB wiki as evaluators can change their policies overtime. IEE is very straight-forward and will be my choice when I have my UCN PhD conferred.  They're way better than these other evaluators who side-step your questions and just want you to pay for the evaluation.

(09-16-2022, 05:39 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 10:30 PM)durain Wrote:

Why as a GED?
I was just mocking how these evaluators think. They've evaluated Doctorates as Master's, and Master's as Associate degrees all with ridiculous reasoning behind it. The industry is just out of control.

Yeah for sure... If only other evaluators were more commonly accepted outside of NACES and AICE as those will give the equivalency to what is best for the student,  not for the sake of penalizing foreign studies.  Validential would be my #1 choice as more states are accepting them as reputable as the traditional and standardized evaluation companies.   In general though,  those working in government, public, and private industry will likely not have an issue just sticking with Validential.   The issue is 90+% for those using this for continuing education, academic jobs, and immigration.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
[-] The following 3 users Like cacoleman1983's post:
  • eLearner, openair, Pikachu
Good Morning Scholars:

I'd like to share with you the response I received from the FCE Evaluator for Excelsior University relative to my ECE Course-by-Course Report, we've been discussing since receiving my report this week. Again, Excelsior ONLY accepts the Subject Analysis Report ($275.00) from ECE, but they did look over my Unofficial Copy/Report and responded kindly as followed:

Hello,

This is the response I received form our evaluation team.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your message.  For the first question, yes, a 2.5 credit course can be used to satisfy a 3.0 credit course (except in the case of Written English where a student must have 6.0 credits total so (2) 2.5 credit courses combined would not meet that requirement).  Most of the credits on this student’s ECE transcript are business courses so that shouldn’t be a problem.

As for the transfer credit maximum, there really isn’t any limit except in the case of a second degree and in that case we can only accept 90 credits from the first degree towards the second degree. 

I hope that helps.  Let me know if you have other questions.  Happy Friday!

Best,
Vicki  

If you have any questions please let me know.
Sincerely, 
Marc Tabales

Military and Veteran Admissions counselor
Marc.Tabales@excelsior.edu
844-843-9308

Hours of operation:
8:30 am to 5pm EST Monday -Friday
Excelsior University 

And so, Excelsior University DOES accept ENEB courses as transfer into a Bachelor's degree. And there is NO LIMIT on the amount you can transfer (unless you are obtaining a second BS/BA, where they will only accept 90 credits.  

By the way, I just received an email from ECE confirming they USPS Priority Mailed my Report to me and TESU. I will keep you posted on TESU's receipt and Degree Evaluation as they apply these ENEB credits to my current degree plan.

I absolutely will be completing my other 2 ENEB Masters (maybe I'll add the Masters in Big Data or something)...but I want to make sure I complete 30 Modules from ENEB...so when I do Excelsior's required ECE Subject Analysis Report, I will have all 30 Courses (potentially 90 credits) added to Excelsior.
Completed

In Progress

[-] The following 3 users Like michaeladsmith2's post:
  • akr680, cacoleman1983, eLearner
Now that is REALLY great news! I know you must be thrilled right now!

So many low-cost alternatives to obtain credit out there now, and it's great that there are programs and schools willing to help students take advantage of it today, because I remember a time when none of this was possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 182 17,841 1 hour ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 81 39,865 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: xentium
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,318 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,171 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 889 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 621 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,362 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,150 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 601 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM