Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exams?
I'll get right to the point.. How are courses with exams for the final assesment? What are the milestones like? How hard is it to get an A+ when it's open book?
[-] The following 1 user Likes evanmonast's post:
  • Jennr2z
Exams are NOT open book. You can't open any other are of the course while the exam is open. The quizzes are similar to the exams. There are few exams. The Milestones aren't part of the exams but they can be part of the Final Assessment papers.
Right right, “not” open book got it. What are they like though? Multiple choice? Solving equations?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Depends on the course. All of mine were multiple choice. There are classes where you have to solve problems to find one of the answers.
Sweet! What’s the ballpark for total questions? 0-50, 50-100, more?

(07-23-2022, 10:30 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Sweet! What’s the ballpark for total questions? 0-50, 50-100, more?

Every course is different. There's no set number of questions that cover all of the exams. Courses also change and are updated.
I only have one course with an exam, Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise. The final exam was a handful. Heavier volume of questions and an exam that requires a solid base of understanding of the course material or it would be highly unlikely to achieve a mastery score.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • Mr T
(07-27-2022, 01:08 PM)KSoul Wrote: I only have one course with an exam, Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise. The final exam was a handful. Heavier volume of questions and an exam that requires a solid base of understanding of the course material or it would be highly unlikely to achieve a mastery score.

What course is this? None of UMPI's courses have this name. Strut has the weirdest names for classes!

ETA: This class is in my YourPace dashboard! Was this Business Analytics maybe? I didn't find it to be a bad exam or difficult. I remember much of it not really having anything to do with analytics. It was an odd course!
(07-27-2022, 01:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 01:08 PM)KSoul Wrote: I only have one course with an exam, Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise. The final exam was a handful. Heavier volume of questions and an exam that requires a solid base of understanding of the course material or it would be highly unlikely to achieve a mastery score.

What course is this? None of UMPI's courses have this name. Strut has the weirdest names for classes!

ETA: This class is in my YourPace dashboard! Was this Business Analytics maybe? I didn't find it to be a bad exam or difficult. I remember much of it not really having anything to do with analytics. It was an odd course!

It fulfills BUS244. With the program growing and the removal of exams, I would gather post-summer semester, there will start to be more and more courses new to those that have graduated during your time. 

I am always hesitant to say something is difficult, considering how experience plays a significant part in comfort with each course. However, a course final exam with 37 vs. 100 questions, no matter your understanding of the material;  I am comfortable sharing it is more difficult.

Business Analytics shows as BUS 440 in my program.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(07-27-2022, 01:46 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 01:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

It fulfills BUS244. With the program growing and the removal of exams, I would gather post-summer semester, there will start to be more and more courses new to those that have graduated during your time. 

I am always hesitant to say something is difficult, considering how experience plays a significant part in comfort with each course. However, a course final exam with 37 vs. 100 questions, no matter your understanding of the material;  I am comfortable sharing it is more difficult.

Business Analytics shows as BUS 440 in my program.

Strategic Development was BUS440. That course didn't have much to do with analytics. So yeah this was BUS244 for me as well. I haven't seen any courses lose exams. Remember, I just completed by BABA in March! The classes haven't changed since then. I believe that there will be many changes to courses in the fall when YourPace moves from Strut to BrightSpace. 

I can honestly say exams with 100 questions are rare at UMPI. I am happy with fewer questions. If you know the material the exams, aren't bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 7 835 04-20-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sarajane
  Proctoring for Exams | Essay based for everything else ashkir 37 6,119 09-01-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  BUS 343 and BUS 440 (Exams, Study Tips) LakeMomNY 14 1,975 08-23-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Exams at UMPI? jaceapollo 19 4,950 04-24-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: joshua27
  New degree plan. Will these CLEP / DSST exams transfer? BigJohn1975 4 684 01-03-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  guide me pls paper or exams Sara143 13 1,847 10-14-2022, 09:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Multiple Choice Exams umpistudent 3 836 09-21-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  Final exams and writing assignments jb0433 33 4,175 04-28-2022, 02:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Exams on UMPI vs Study.com / InstantCert MrPhilipp 11 3,038 03-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: uncoolbilly
  Which classes in business Maggie have multiple choice exams? studyspo.dreaming 14 2,092 02-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Miyabi