Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left
I saw some posts about things changing with the move to brightspace and that most final assessments won't be exams but papers or projects.

These are the classes I will have left at umpi but I'm not sure which ones require an exam or paper/project. I was hoping current or previous students can assist.

Bus 377 tax 1
378 tax 2
200 bus computing
242 spreadsheets
325 financial management 
489 business policy
469 prof communication 
376 audit
415 ops management 
440 business analytics
466 government and non profit accounting
For the time being, while waiting for an answer, be proactive... I suggest quickly skimming through the UMPI Class Review Master Thread to see if some or most of the classes you listed are showing: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ter-Thread
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-12-2024, 04:00 PM)Sarajane Wrote: I saw some posts about things changing with the move to brightspace and that most final assessments won't be exams but papers or projects.

These are the classes I will have left at umpi but I'm not sure which ones require an exam or paper/project. I was hoping current or previous students can assist.

Bus 377 tax 1
378 tax 2
200 bus computing
242 spreadsheets
325 financial management 
489 business policy
469 prof communication 
376 audit
415 ops management 
440 business analytics

I just completed an accounting degree.

466 government and non profit accounting - that class is a beast. There are (7) milestones, (6) of which require writing a short essay. By short, I mean four pages or so is expected. The final is yet another essay that ended up being 15 pages or so. 

The tax classes require you completing various tax returns, which is a project in itself.

Don't let this dissuade you -- I completed an accounting degree in (3) sessions while working full time. It could have been squeezed into two sessions, but I took one session just to dedicate to 466 Non profit and Advanced Accounting. Advanced accting wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

That was the second degree I completed from UMPI. I completed Bus admin. just before this. The accounting degree gave me the required 150 credits for CPA licensure (I just had to take accting info. systems at LSU online). Obviously I still have to take the CPA exams, but my educational requirements are finished and it was about $10,000.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anthony3070's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
There are no exams at UMPI. They ended with the move to Brightspace. There are ungraded quizzes, but no exams at all. Every course has a paper, project, PowerPoint presentation, or a combination of the 3.
(04-13-2024, 07:16 AM)anthony3070 Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 04:00 PM)Sarajane Wrote: I saw some posts about things changing with the move to brightspace and that most final assessments won't be exams but papers or projects.

Bus 377 tax 1
378 tax 2
200 bus computing
242 spreadsheets
325 financial management 
489 business policy
469 prof communication 
376 audit
415 ops management 
440 business analytics

466 government and non profit accounting - that class is a beast. There are (7) milestones, (6) of which require writing a short essay. By short, I mean four pages or so is expected. The final is yet another essay that ended up being 15 pages or so. 

The tax classes require you completing various tax returns, which is a project in itself.

Don't let this dissuade you -- I completed an accounting degree in (3) sessions while working full time. It could have been squeezed into two sessions, but I took one session just to dedicate to 466 Non profit and Advanced Accounting. Advanced accting wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

That was the second degree I completed from UMPI. I completed Bus admin. just before this. The accounting degree gave me the required 150 credits for CPA licensure (I just had to take accting info. systems at LSU online). Obviously I still have to take the CPA exams, but my educational requirements are finished and it was about $10,000.
Thanks for the reply! Do any of the accounting classes require an exam or is everything really essays/projects?

I'm getting mixed info someone on discord told me umpi yourpace no longer has exams, yet I've seen just in the spring term of this year some students posted here mentioning exams.
There. Are. No. Exams. At. UMPI.

Some courses have non-graded short quizzes to proceed through the course.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
(04-13-2024, 10:31 AM)Sarajane Wrote:

Bus 377 tax 1
378 tax 2
200 bus computing
242 spreadsheets
325 financial management 
489 business policy
469 prof communication 
376 audit
415 ops management 
440 business analytics

Thanks for the reply! Do any of the accounting classes require an exam or is everything really essays/projects?

I'm getting mixed info someone on discord told me umpi yourpace no longer has exams, yet I've seen just in the spring term of this year some students posted here mentioning exams.

No exams. Only projects or essays. I just finished and am waiting for the degree to be issued, so my info is current.
(04-14-2024, 09:22 AM)anthony3070 Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 10:31 AM)Sarajane Wrote:

Bus 377 tax 1
378 tax 2
200 bus computing
242 spreadsheets
325 financial management 
489 business policy
469 prof communication 
376 audit
415 ops management 
440 business analytics

No exams. Only projects or essays. I just finished and am waiting for the degree to be issued, so my info is current.

Thanks for the reply! I looked through the master post and didn't see any recent posting on what the audit class is like. Would you be willing to tell how long the class was and the format of the final?

I'm working also and I have to pay out of pocket since I don't quailify for fin aid. I have exactly 10 classes left. I'm enrolling in 5 classes per term thinking i can finish at umpi within 2 terms. Hopefully it's possible  Idea

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Accounting Assistance NewbieLearner 9 341 09-24-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 4 296 09-11-2024, 10:05 AM
  Completed 20 classes this term Sean1234 24 2,626 07-29-2024, 01:23 PM
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 1 246 07-03-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting classes at umpi, most did these at sdc Sarajane 7 628 06-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  Sophia Classes for BA Psych? CollegeBraveB 6 1,295 06-10-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How Well Did UMPI's BA in Accounting Actually Teach You Accounting? AccountingForThis 2 670 05-29-2024, 10:08 AM
  Failed classes prissy1pris 10 1,823 05-20-2024, 12:34 AM
Star Degree Planning - Help with Choosing UL POS classes Marlin9276 2 421 05-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Marlin9276
  Anyone have experience with these classes? HappyPeanut 2 508 05-09-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: HappyPeanut