Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan through Study.com
So if I just pay the application fee each year my course catalog will stay the same and I won't need to take any classes or TECEPs through TESU to stay enrolled and locked in to my catalog? I've seen posts about people doing this but I was under the impression that you had to take at least a TECEP every year to keep the catalog.
ndelcollo Wrote:So if I just pay the application fee each year my course catalog will stay the same and I won't need to take any classes or TECEPs through TESU to stay enrolled and locked in to my catalog? I've seen posts about people doing this but I was under the impression that you had to take at least a TECEP every year to keep the catalog.

No, you need to be enrolled.. so you need at least one course or TECEP done per year. You need to pay the fee just once AFAIK, not once every year, but I could be remembering wrong.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
I see. So I should be able to give myself a two-year window by taking the Cornerstone one year and then the Business Capstone the next year. This seems pretty doable since I should have close to 100 credits after my first year with the 72 from Study.com, 6 from ALEKS, 2 from the Ethics course and at least 15 and maybe 18 from CLEP/DSST depending on my Spanish CLEP. Someone please knock me of my high horse if I'm being too naive.
I'll put my reasoning another way so maybe it's easier to understand, and to see why it's not (probably) going to cost you any more to do -- but could cost a lot in the long run.

Since you're not enrolled now, I know that your plan is going to involve at least one -- the capstone. If you are going to take even one more TECEP or course, then you can start with that one right now, and get your catalog locked in. A year from now, take the capstone and buy yourself another enrolled year on the same catalog.

Of course you can fit more TECEPs in as well and do those instead of the capstone, and just spread them out so that you remain enrolled.

The alternative is that you pay a significant amount of money to StraighterLine, Penn Foster, or even just to ProctorU for Saylor courses -- only to have those courses no longer work with your plan due to changes in the plan.

The TECEPs and courses you take to remain enrolled will, by definition, never "not fit" into your plan unless you let your enrollment lapse between taking them.
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
ndelcollo Wrote:I see. So I should be able to give myself a two-year window by taking the Cornerstone one year and then the Business Capstone the next year. This seems pretty doable since I should have close to 100 credits after my first year with the 72 from Study.com, 6 from ALEKS, 2 from the Ethics course and at least 15 and maybe 18 from CLEP/DSST depending on my Spanish CLEP. Someone please knock me of my high horse if I'm being too naive.

I was writing my other response before this was here, but basically yes.

You are not being naive I don't think. Others have gone from no credits to a complete BSBA in 11 months. I have gone from no prior credits to over 60 in 5 months, and plan to have at least 40 more done this year if not the full 60.
One last question before I apply...I believe that I recently saw the new year/catalog goes into effect July 1 each year. So does this mean that I have until next May-June to enroll in the Cornerstone to keep my catalog for 2016? These online classes are very new to me and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew while I am getting acclimated to the courses. I'd rather get my feet wet for awhile before enrolling into the Cornerstone if possible.
That I can't answer except to say that, if you are *not* enrolled, you have no guarantees about anything. They can change the catalogs every month if they want and this will affect every unenrolled student, but will not affect any enrolled student. The chances of major changes really upsetting your plan are pretty small, but they do happen. I just barely dodged the penn foster strat mgmt issue myself -- or believe I've dodged, we'll see when it comes time to pay the piper.
Sounds good, thanks for all your help!
All - the Study.com Public Speaking course is definitely only one credit. Confirmed by TESU.
Wingz Wrote:All - the Study.com Public Speaking course is definitely only one credit. Confirmed by TESU.

Does anyone know what will satisfy the remaining 2 credits for the public speaking course at TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 408 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,480 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 132 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 355 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 476 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,723 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,293 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 238 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,378 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,589 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen