Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL College Algebra
I will be starting with no college experience at Straighterline then transferring to Rio Salado. I will attempt to 1st knock out college algebra. Is the book needed for course work or more like a study guide? Will the exams be based of the textbook ? If its unnecessary to purchase text book I rather not.

Also , are the question on the Exams mostly word questions or equation format? I have been looking into CyberEd, Algebra Word Problem Solver | Step-by-step solutions to your word problems ,I have never used this service, if anyone has I would like your take on it. It says it will answer a word question in 15 Sec . I have been out of school since 2006 , and figured I would give college another shot . Hints need all the help I can get. When I originally attended college I was told I would have to take 2 years’ worth of remedial ,so I got discouraged and quit. Until I found this Forum. banghead
I haven't taken SL Algebra, but I have taken a few SL courses. They were all heavily based in the text.

Quick question: does your school take ALEKS or CLEP? I'm a strong advocate of using Khan Academy to study (given it's free) and then using the CLEP or ALEKS for credit. I started last year having not taken a math class in just shy of 15 years and placing into the lowest remedial math there was at my local BM school. Some intense Khan Academy sessions (beginning with pre-algebra) and in short order I passed the Algebra CLEP with a 68.

Best of luck! (Hopefully someone will answer your actual question soon.)
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
I'm pretty sure you will need the textbook. I never finished the course and it might have changed since I tried it but at the time the textbook was pretty important.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're planning on using an outside service to get solutions to the exam problems....? I'm pretty sure SL has rules against that. The one exam that I looked at before cancelling my subscription was equations, I believe (assuming I'm understanding your question correctly).
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
I might suggest ALEKS as a much better tool to learn what you need, then either credit for that through ACE or use what you have learned to pass SL or another course.

Is Rio Salado a Sl partner? Not everyone will accept SL, be sure you know before spending any effort and money.

Good luck!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
does anyone have a copy of this textbook? SL has it for a 82$ ISBN: 9780072867381 I would really appreciate it. i been looking for torrents for a week now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,801 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 740 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 142 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,980 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,837 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,221 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,427 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 466 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 832 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 319 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox