Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prometric DSST MIS Practice Test
I have not done the MIS test, but I found the DSST practice exams to be the best indicator for the actual tests. The questions themselves reflect the type, wording, and difficulty of the actual DSST exams. Peterson's practice tests tend to be all over the place.

Check out Prometric's own scoring 101 PDF located here: http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/D...coring.pdf

You'll note that depending on the question bank you get you will need between 58% and 62% answered correctly to pass the MIS exam. This is a good resource as the exams vary wildly from 46% to 75% correct answers required to pass.

Hope this helps!
Educational Goal: MBA by Spring 2018
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
8/16/2015 COSC (3c): IDS 101 Cornerstone: A
8/08/2015 UExcel (6c): Research Methods in Psychology: A | Social Psychology: A
7/20/2015 UExcel (6c): Human Resource Management: A | Labor Relations: A
7/06/2015 CLEP (6c): American Government: 63 | Principles of Microeconomics: 73
7/02/2015 UExcel (3c): Organization Behavior: A
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c
cptdilbert Wrote:I have not done the MIS test, but I found the DSST practice exams to be the best indicator for the actual tests. The questions themselves reflect the type, wording, and difficulty of the actual DSST exams. Prometric tends to be all over the place.

Check out Prometric's own scoring 101 PDF located here: http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/D...coring.pdf

You'll note that depending on the question bank you get you will need between 58% and 62% answered correctly to pass the MIS exam. This is a good resource as the exams vary wildly from 46% to 75% correct answers required to pass.

Hope this helps!

What's the difference between a DSST practice test and a Prometric practice test?
jortholmes Wrote:What's the difference between a DSST practice test and a Prometric practice test?

Thought one thing and typed another.

I meant Peterson's, not Prometric.

I found the Prometric/DSST practice tests to be far more valuable, and Peterson's tests to be all over the map.

Edited the original post to correct my mistake.
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c
cptdilbert Wrote:I have not done the MIS test, but I found the DSST practice exams to be the best indicator for the actual tests. The questions themselves reflect the type, wording, and difficulty of the actual DSST exams. Peterson's practice tests tend to be all over the place.

Hope this helps!

This is great feedback. Thanks so much! I only studied half of the flash cards and was able to get a 56% on the practice exam. I feel much more confident I can pass this now after your information.
Vampir1c Wrote:This is great feedback. Thanks so much! I only studied half of the flash cards and was able to get a 56% on the practice exam. I feel much more confident I can pass this now after your information.

What helps me is making sure failing to pass a test won't ruin my overall plans.

If having to wait three months to retake a specific test isn't a major hinderance, then you are only out the money.

Upcoming:
Progress (89/120c):
cptdilbert Wrote:What helps me is making sure failing to pass a test won't ruin my overall plans.

If having to wait three months to retake a specific test isn't a major hinderance, then you are only out the money.

Yeah, I'm definitely on a schedule where the 3 month retake rate would screw me up. I've pushed my exam date back so I can have more time to study.
cptdilbert Wrote:What helps me is making sure failing to pass a test won't ruin my overall plans.

I'm trying to be done before next summer, so not passing would really mess my schedule up too.
I took MIS this morning and passed with a 461! Yay! I'm so glad to have passed that one. It was a lot of fun studying for, but I really sort of doubted myself when it came to computer know-how. No more, though. ;-) The InstantCert flashcards were a big help, as they were my main study resource. I also read like the first 3 or 4 chapters of the Management Information Systems book by Raymond McLeod, Jr. and George P. Schell. What I read was very helpful, so I'd recommend reading the whole thing if you have the time. I also took the Intro to Computing practice test on FCP because so many have said that the two exams are very similar. Computing is a little more basic stuff, I think, but it's still a very helpful test to take. And I did the two Prometric tests. I got a 74% on both of them. All of this over three weeks, one of which I was involved in a VBS at my church, so I didn't get much studying done that week. On to Substance Abuse!

Jade
jortholmes Wrote:I took MIS this morning and passed with a 461! Yay! I'm so glad to have passed that one. It was a lot of fun studying for, but I really sort of doubted myself when it came to computer know-how. No more, though. ;-) The InstantCert flashcards were a big help, as they were my main study resource. I also read like the first 3 or 4 chapters of the Management Information Systems book by Raymond McLeod, Jr. and George P. Schell. What I read was very helpful, so I'd recommend reading the whole thing if you have the time. I also took the Intro to Computing practice test on FCP because so many have said that the two exams are very similar. Computing is a little more basic stuff, I think, but it's still a very helpful test to take. And I did the two Prometric tests. I got a 74% on both of them. All of this over three weeks, one of which I was involved in a VBS at my church, so I didn't get much studying done that week. On to Substance Abuse!

Jade

Congratulations! I pushed mine back for 2 more weeks, as the past few I haven't gotten a chance at proper studying. Would you say the Prometric tests were similar to the actual exam?
Vampir1c Wrote:Congratulations! I pushed mine back for 2 more weeks, as the past few I haven't gotten a chance at proper studying. Would you say the Prometric tests were similar to the actual exam?

Thanks! Hmmm... I would say "yes" the Prometric tests were very similar to the real thing. Since Prometric doesn't give you feedback on all the questions, I would recommend taking screenshots of every question so that you can research anything that you feel fuzzy on. A lot of work, I know, but until Prometric improves their testing system, then it's what you should do, I think. But, I'd really say to use the Prometric tests to gauge yourself. But I really think that you'll be able to pass with no problem since you have previous IT experience. But then you said that you were having problems with the business part of it. I've done a lot of business tests, so that part was mostly stuff that I recognized. You can do it, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 497 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 185 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 226 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 514 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Test score rogeryoung 4 492 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 447 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 773 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,237 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,095 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,328 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso