Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Mathamatics
I am testing on this class Thursday morning. Just finished 10 weeks of online tutoring through Distant Learning/Coastal - reviewing and feel like I know NOTHING - has anyone taken it recently? I keep reading that this is the easiest of the CLEP math test to take and that 50% is straight forward math - however, the tutoring I had was so deep Sad - can not see where graphing of Linear Equations, square root functions , exponential functions are straight forward.... it has been 36 years since I have had math Sad - any words of encouragement would be appreciated.
Are you a member of IC? If so I would suggest the specific exam feedback section. Have you taken any practice test these are usually a good indicator of how you will do on the real thing? Most libraries have a copy of the official CLEP study guide it will have sample test or questions, don't worry about the version you get I don't think it has changed in at least the last 5 years. You can also go to the Petersons website and pay for a practice test. Without at least one practice test or at least 10 practice questions I would not feel comfortable taking the test. Aim for at least 55% on the practice to feel good about the real thing.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Definitely check out the feedback section if you're a paying member. Also, check out College Mathematics CLEP Free Study Guide! - Free-Clep-Prep.com, and see the breakdown in case you're not too confident on a particular section.

My advice is to go in there with a clear mind and definitely an empty bladder (unlike what I did this past Friday for Microeconomics... thankfully the proctor mistook me jumping on one leg at a time as my excitement for having completed the exam). Many exams will seem daunting when you read the description, but are a lot simpler than they are; from my experience most CLEPs test general concepts/info more than necessarily going in-depth.

If concepts went over your head, they were probably too advanced. Again, check the link I posted, check out the studying recommendation (which actually has summaries of concepts instead of links like all the others), and don't needlessly stress yourself over this. You got it.
This test is a beast, it's broad but fairly shallow. Just know the basics. Go in confident. I was CERTAIN I had failed it but somehow managed to barely pass. Just keep confident.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
Make sure you are comfortable with set theory.
OfficerA Wrote:Definitely check out the feedback section if you're a paying member. Also, check out College Mathematics CLEP Free Study Guide! - Free-Clep-Prep.com, and see the breakdown in case you're not too confident on a particular section.

My advice is to go in there with a clear mind and definitely an empty bladder (unlike what I did this past Friday for Microeconomics... thankfully the proctor mistook me jumping on one leg at a time as my excitement for having completed the exam). Many exams will seem daunting when you read the description, but are a lot simpler than they are; from my experience most CLEPs test general concepts/info more than necessarily going in-depth.

If concepts went over your head, they were probably too advanced. Again, check the link I posted, check out the studying recommendation (which actually has summaries of concepts instead of links like all the others), and don't needlessly stress yourself over this. You got it.

hi i want to know that what reference is needed for the collge mathematics ?can you send me the link please /
beta Wrote:hi i want to know that what reference is needed for the collge mathematics ?can you send me the link please /

The link right in the post you quoted me (College Mathematics CLEP Free Study Guide! - Free-Clep-Prep.com) has a list of resources/references you can use for the exam.

As well, copy and paste this directly in Google (or whatever search engine you are using): clep college mathematics site:degreeforum.net

As that will give you all threads that give feedback for the College Mathematics CLEP.

As I saw your other thread, based on the feedback I've gathered skimming through threads, the flashcards alone are not enough for this.
thank you . and one more question fro you do you know reference for the human growth and development ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,807 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 745 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 147 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,023 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,838 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,228 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,428 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 466 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 832 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 319 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox