Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAFSA Financial Aid Online App>>>Questions????
Hey People....Yea it's me again.

A few questions about applying for financial aid online.

How long does it take for the app to be processed/approved?

Will FASFA notify me or will my school of choice(TESC) notify me?

Is there any that I need to know?

Thanx in advance.
BS in Homeland Security. Thomas Edison State University. 2016

AAS in Environmental, Security and Safety Technologies. Thomas Edison State University. 2013
Have last years tax returns at hand. Though they will give you an option to "look the return up" that's the best way.

They will give you an estimate as soon as your done, email will be sent to you, report sent to your school. You can send the report to multiple schools....so if there is any chance you might pick a school I would send them a report...easier than going back through the process.

You will have to get a PIN number, the instructions are on the FAFSA website.

Takes 45 minutes to an hour.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:You can send the report to multiple schools....so if there is any chance you might pick a school I would send them a report...easier than going back through the process.

^Definitely that. It reprocesses every time you add or delete a school. FAFSA takes 2-3 days to process the application in their offices, they notify you when it's ready, then they send them out to your target school.

I don't remember everything taking this long the last transfer I did, but this is what COSC said in response to my question about it over the weekend: "In regards to your 2012-2013 FAFSA, we have yet to receive the results which can take about 2 weeks to be processed and results sent to our office." I'm not really sure who is doing the preparing in that situation, but that may be due to my evaluation and whatnot. Not sure, but it's best to contact TESC. I'm just giving you a worst case.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - 
BAAS General Studies
BAAS Organizational Leadership 

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Tax returns are no longer accepted as of the 12-13 school year. If you do not use the link to IRS option on the FAFSA and you are selected for verification; you will have to order IRS transcripts (this is new as of this aid year.)

FAFSA (signed with a pin) is typically processed in 24-48 hours and you will get an email of the results. However, the school will ultimately be the one to award the aid. With TESC, you will get an email when they get it and they will ask you to complete a short internal application for financial aid. Once all of that is done you should get an award letter within a week or so from TESC.
TESC - AAS in Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies (Enrolled)
TESC - BS Homeland Security & Emergency Preparation (Enrolled)
FEMA - 36 Credits + PDS (Transcripted at TESC) - Currently working on more...
USFA - 3 Credits
Straighter Line: College Algebra, US History I, World Civ I, Intro to Criminal Justice, A&P I, Biology I
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra
Test Drive College - Comp I

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 346 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,722 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI---Financial aid---??? midnite123 7 452 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,711 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,032 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,976 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,253 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 346 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,345 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts