Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overlap of credit
I have already taken the clep principles of management, but I need more business credits. Will the dsst principles of supervision be a good choice or will that not count because it is similiar to the clep principles of management?
You haven't mentioned the school you are attending or plan to matriculate to which would accept it for credit, but for the TESC BSBA, Principles of Supervision would count as one of the 9 business elective credits you would need.
SmokeEm Wrote:I have already taken the clep principles of management, but I need more business credits. Will the dsst principles of supervision be a good choice or will that not count because it is similiar to the clep principles of management?

[COLOR="Navy"]RELATED OVERLAP EXAMS (based on your post)

CLEP
Business Law
Marketing

DSST
Intro to Business
Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Mgmt
Business Law II[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Shotojuku, I have already taken the Clep introductory business law, and the clep intro to marketing(as well as principles of management). So should I not take priniciples of supervision, because it would overlap?
These will not overlap.

Are you attending TESC or planning on attending there? If so then the following will apply.

They will be listed on your eval as:
MAN-301-CE Principles of Management (3)
LAW-201-CE Introductory Business Law (3)
MAN-201-DE Principles of Supervision (3)
You can find more info here --->Undergraduate Ways to Earn Credit - Thomas Edison State College - acalog ACMSâ„¢

*Edit* Please be specific about where you are attending, and what degree you are seeking. We don't want to advise you for a different college or program. Thanks
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
SmokeEm Wrote:Shotojuku, I have already taken the Clep introductory business law, and the clep intro to marketing(as well as principles of management). So should I not take priniciples of supervision, because it would overlap?

Overlap learning - take it.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
What Shoto means is that the tests he listed are clustered based on how well they feed into each other. What you learn in one benefits you in another, etc.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Excelsior accepts both and one of the tricks to doing this quickly and smartly is just what has been explained above. Building on prior knowledge and sequentially.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,876 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 247 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,927 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,985 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 731 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,258 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,913 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 431 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 1,059 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 947 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso