Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems
Hello,

I am seeking guidance for my son who is 22 and looking at the Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management and Information Systems in the YourPace program at UMPI. Based on the title of the concentration, it seems as though the concentration is more concentrated on IT. However, his interest is focused on Construction Project Management so I am wondering if the degree could be utilized in that capacity? He has about 28 credit hours from Youngstown State University towards his General Education required courses.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker
You can certainly use a BBA with a concentration in PM & IS for that career.

Here are a couple of similar BBA options that may fit him better, classes are similar but less IT focus then the PM&IS:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@EducationSeeker, It certainly can, and actually, it's more Business Admin/Project Management rather than IT. It's similar to a Business Admin degree with a double minor in PM and IS, for those who are going the BAS or BLS with the MIS & PM minors, they're taking the same classes... My suggestion is since he's wanting to go into Project Management (with a Construction focus), this PM & IS option is most recommended, if he's looking for some other concentration, he can review the courses for each and decide for himself.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-18-2024, 10:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @EducationSeeker, It certainly can, and actually, it's more Business Admin/Project Management rather than IT.  It's similar to a Business Admin degree with a double minor in PM and IS, for those who are going the BAS or BLS with the MIS & PM minors, they're taking the same classes...  My suggestion is since he's wanting to go into Project Management (with a Construction focus), this PM & IS option is most recommended, if he's looking for some other concentration, he can review the courses for each and decide for himself.
Hi @bjcheung77-

Sorry if I missed it you sent it out, but, I am looking for the UMPI YourPace BABA with a concentration in Project Management and Information Systems? Do you recommend the Supply Chain Mgmt. I think the principles of Project Management are still good to know when doing a Construction Project.

Thanks,

@EducationSeeker
To Recap:

You: "However, his interest is focused on Construction Project Management so I am wondering if the degree could be utilized in that capacity?"

Me: "It certainly can, and actually, it's more Business Admin/Project Management rather than IT. It's similar to a Business Admin degree with a double minor in PM and IS"

Me: "My suggestion is since he's wanting to go into Project Management (with a Construction focus), this PM & IS option is most recommended"

You: "I am looking for the UMPI YourPace BABA with a concentration in Project Management and Information Systems? Do you recommend the Supply Chain Mgmt."

Me: Yes, that's the BABA PM & IS that should be the first choice as it's got the Principles of Project Management you're referring to. If he ever wanted to, he can change his concentration to Supply Chain, but that's not my recommendation, stick with PM & IS as it's mainly PM with a few IS management added.

You: "I think the principles of Project Management are still good to know when doing a Construction Project."

Me: "Exactly the reason for BABA PM & IS, if he has the energy, money, time and since he's young, he might want to do a dual concentration. As again, focus on the first goal of PM & IS, add the second Supply Chain option only if it's really needed."
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 274 Yesterday, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Majoring in hospitality, tourism, or event management—any advice? lumina 11 375 10-13-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lumina
Question New Here & Would Appreciate Advice In Degree Planning Aardvarks_n_scotties 6 343 10-07-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,268 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,170 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 293 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 434 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 810 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 714 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
  Project Management - STD credits or Google Certifications DavidGood 6 1,195 07-23-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: tdat314