Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to study for Uexcel?
Hi,

I already have a few REA text books to study for cleps and am member on instantcert.
I just found out that the nearest Clep testing station is about 3 hours away from where I live.
Apparently the test stations for the Uexcel exams are much closer, so therefore I would like to rather go that route.

My question is can I use the REA books and instantcert to study for the Uexcel exams, is it the same material?
I really don't want to start buying new text books, I live in Australia and they cost a fortune to ship over!

I have to take, english, biology, few psychology exams, and math.

Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!

TIA Smile
it's easy. Go to uexceltest.com and download the free content guides listed under exams. You can match up the content on each exam to the materials you have. You might also be able to find on-line open courseware and tutorial sites like khanacademy and others to help you fill in the gaps.
They also have practice tests and material available that you can do on-line. All of this is on their website.
Thanks for the useful info.
I checked which books uexcel recommended for intro to psych and saw that book has over 600 pages. Crazy! Anyone here taken the intro to psychology through Uexcel? How did you study for it?
I am guessing since you said three hours, you are in Sydney. Im in Newcastle and it's 5 hours to Canberra.
Yes, im in Sydney, did u travel to canberra to take cleps? If it was a once off I'd consider it but i have quite a few exams to take. As much as I would prefer to take the cleps , I am now considering Uexcel or SL. If anyone has any advice , well please advise Smile
I haven't taken any yet. Still working out the degree plan. You could always study for a multitude of tests then head off to Canberra. That way you can knock off heaps of tests at once. Probably take 4 at a time. That is what I am planning to do. Still working on the logistics of travel. Do I fly? Drive and stay overnight. Don't know if they give them on the weekend. Would have to call the Embassy for that I assume. Otherwise I would have to take a day or two off.

I could be wrong, but I think the DSST is given in the same place. So you could also study for a few of them. For math, most recommend Aleks. Unless it is Calculus you need. It is the way I plan to go.

I thought about straighterline, and may take one or two, but worried about how they will be taken when I go for my MBA. Would rather spend a few more dollars than worry about it in the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 129 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 474 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 236 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 795 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 448 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,129 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,269 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,806 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,608 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az