Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chepeast options for international transcripts?
Don't worry about the GPA or work experience. If you're 20 years old, you'll be accepted with just credits from Sophia. No problem.

You may need to have your high school transcript evaluated or translated. That's something you should email UMPI's admissions office about. Don't mention your Peru college transcript unless you really want those credits to transfer to UMPI. It doesn't sound like you need them since you have so many from Sophia.
(07-24-2024, 09:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Don't worry about the GPA or work experience. If you're 20 years old, you'll be accepted with just credits from Sophia. No problem.

You may need to have your high school transcript evaluated or translated. That's something you should email UMPI's admissions office about. Don't mention your Peru college transcript unless you really want those credits to transfer to UMPI. It doesn't sound like you need them since you have so many from Sophia.

I took 29 Sophia clases but so I send the email and don't mention about my Peruvian credits but if they do ask do I say the truth? Ie I do have previous college experience but already did courses in Sophia ? Also again thank you for guiding me through all of this
International students often leave out college work from abroad because it is costly to obtain the transcript evaluation. I have seen many students pay for the evaluation and be very disappointed because the courses only transfer as general electives. This is why I say it may not be worth the money to bother with the evaluation. There was someone on here a few weeks ago who was applying from Japan and all of their credits were general electives. If I remember correctly they had something like 70 credits and all they were good for were general electives so it can be really disappointing and feel like a punch in the gut. Sometimes it's better to just keep moving forward and not try to use old credits.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, Solden81
UMPI just needs to know you graduated high school and have a transcript for them... Don't look at other things that aren't really needed such as your GPA. Apply, send all info, transfer all your Sophia.org and ACE credits until you hit at least 90+ credits for transfer, complete the remaining credits for residency purposes and to finish off the degree. Keep it as simple as this...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Solden81

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 662 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 458 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding international admissions. kjhkjh2001 11 886 03-19-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: ishady
  International High School Equivalency for UMPI Application kylan11 5 541 03-08-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS: Management Remaining Credit Options... TaraD2020 3 567 02-10-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: TaraD2020
  International students decide to apply to umpi xxZzyuu 6 999 01-03-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Second bachelors pacing and options Junco 4 683 12-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mayday! One more course for History minor: what are my options? Junco 5 619 12-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 888 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  CALLING ALL EXPERTS: Heavy on UMPI Classes - Am I Missing Any Alternate Options? DolceDolce 9 1,716 08-23-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DolceDolce