Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help--Analyzing and Intepreting literature
Hey everyone, im new to this clep dsst stuff. I posted somethining similar to this regarding world religions... however I plan on taking Analyzing and interpreting literature on saturday, so far I have scored 59/54 percents on the practice exams on petersons?

Is this is enough to pass this test or should I wait..... I know there is no real way to study and im active duty military so the test is free, however im just curious if you guys think im prepared enought to pass this test..

Sorry if im asking stupid questions im just trying to set myself up for sucess.
Get the Official CLEP Study Guide at your library or Amazon. It is the best example of the content of the tests and will help you determine when you are ready to take them. (If you are taking multiple CLEPs, it is better to buy the book for about $16, but you can download the individual subject guide for $10 from the CLEP website.)

For this exam, many have said that REA is harder and Peterson's are easier than the real exam, which is the reverse of most subjects.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thank you for the feed back.... I was wondering more specifically what percentage should i be looknig to get on these practice test to achieve a passing score on Clep test ... I understand the scores are scaled so therefor a lower grade me be allowed for passing?
Just for clarification purposes, CLEP and DSST tests are not "free", but are funded by the DANTES program. In other words, we all pay for the exams. Don't get me wrong, I'm military and I take full advantage of testing, but I feel we have a moral responsibility to make sure we make a best effort and are fully prepared to take an exam the tax payers funded for us.

Spencebr Wrote:Hey everyone, im new to this clep dsst stuff. I posted somethining similar to this regarding world religions... however I plan on taking Analyzing and interpreting literature on saturday, so far I have scored 59/54 percents on the practice exams on petersons?

Is this is enough to pass this test or should I wait..... I know there is no real way to study and im active duty military so the test is free, however im just curious if you guys think im prepared enought to pass this test..

CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Look, all im trying to get at is acording to other people in this forum with test taking experience is what they feel a percentage on a practice test would equate to a passing scaled score on a clep test. The nature of this specific exam makes it hard to study and im trying to get a guage at how prepared I am. Not trying to abuse a systyem in the least.

Btw Just took the third practice exam on petersons and got a 67%
Spencebr Wrote:Look, all im trying to get at is acording to other people in this forum with test taking experience is what they feel a percentage on a practice test would equate to a passing scaled score on a clep test. The nature of this specific exam makes it hard to study and im trying to get a guage at how prepared I am. Not trying to abuse a systyem in the least.

I think you will do fine. As I'm sure you understand it's a reading comprehension test. Your scores, especially the last one, look solid. Stay on top of your time during the test and I think you will be OK.

Best,
Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
About 65% or above on Petersons is a good indication that you’ll pass the Clep.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Spencebr Wrote:Hey everyone, im new to this clep dsst stuff. I posted somethining similar to this regarding world religions... however I plan on taking Analyzing and interpreting literature on saturday, so far I have scored 59/54 percents on the practice exams on petersons?

I just took the test last week on Friday and passed with a 50...sigh...my score in Peterson practice test was around the same amount of the actually clep test score. However my score was 45, 53, 56 in Peterson, so I figured that's good enough for me. Mind you, I did a lot of guessing and still got a passing score in practice and actual test too. Good Luck! Because it sucks and I do not care for all that mumble jumbo talk! LOL
Spencebr Wrote:Look, all im trying to get at is acording to other people in this forum with test taking experience is what they feel a percentage on a practice test would equate to a passing scaled score on a clep test. The nature of this specific exam makes it hard to study and im trying to get a guage at how prepared I am. Not trying to abuse a systyem in the least.

I don't remember where I got this, but these are the approximate raw scores needed to pass....

Exam % Correc t to Pass
Business Ethics & Society 51-54%
Business Mathematics 68-72%
Criminal Justice 61-66%
Ethics in America 46-50%
Fundamentals of College Algebra 38-47%
Here’s to Your Health 59-63%
Introduction to Business 40-45%
Introduction to Computing 59-63%
Introduction to World Religions 46-50%
Management Information Systems 58-62%
Personal Finance 57-62%
Principles of Finance 52-55%
Principles of Statistics 42-46%
Principles of Supervision 36-41%
Substance Abuse (Drug/Alcohol Abuse) 53-57%

I'm sure it had the raw scores for the A&I test too!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Hey thanks for all the input guys, im very new to this and its all this info is very helpful.... Btw I got a 61 and passed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Chinese Literature in Translation-Poetry" at BYU-IS still available pws 2 1,218 12-04-2019, 05:07 AM
Last Post: pws
  Non-Western Literature - New course from study.com nosey561 0 1,070 09-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  English Literature CLEP , Any experiences 2L8 3 2,185 10-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Dewm
  CLEP literature tests - 6 credit or 3 credit ConqueringCollege 7 2,126 10-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  A&I Literature CLEP Essay brodie 3 1,713 09-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP AwardTour 2 1,544 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) Tictac 12 6,466 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  American Literature CLEP Averylee6 6 2,802 06-22-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Collegelady2
  Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP cgf 2 1,122 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: cgf
  English Literature CLEP test. aefren 8 3,290 03-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Last Post: pncantu04