Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Literature CLEP test.
Hi Everyone, I just found out that I need 3 more credits to graduate. So I was told by me counselor that I can take one of the CLEP exams. I'll be taking English Literature Clep exam in two weeks.

I don't have much knowledge in English Literature. I did purchase "The Complete Idiot's guide to English Literature" but I'm not sure what else to study.

Help.. :/

THANKS EVERYONE!!
Have you done a search on this topic? You'll probably find a bunch of good tips in some of the older threads.

My favorite approach is this: Get the Official CLEP Study Guide.
Amazon.com: CLEP Official Study Guide 2009: The College Board: Books

Then Look up every single work/author mentioned in the practice test in that book here and read the book summaries: Literature Study Guides - SparkNotes

Good luck!
Hi

I passed this (with 68) last year by using the advice and threads on this website. You will find them. Then, just pull up and study the books & canonical writers suggested. There is also an element of analysis on this exam, so know your poetry terms/styles.
I am taking the English Literature Clep Test in the next couple of weeks. I know the clep study guide has questions. I was wondering if there are anymore practice test questions for this test.

Stephen
Hi!

As a math major, I hope I never have to take this test, but I did look for some info.

Very informative thread: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-clep.html

Specific Exam Feedback: http://www.degreeforum.net/specific-exam...-clep.html

Peterson's says they have 2 online practice tests and an online book for AP English Literature and Composition, which could be comparable or at least helpful practice. http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post51677

Hope this helps! Best wishes on your exams!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I don't know if your CLEP exam needs to just be an English elective, or if you need this particular exam, but the Technical Writing DSST usually counts as an English elective also and, in my opinion, was very easy. You might want to check with your advisor about this exam.

Good Luck!

Donna
Is these two exam similar? Do you think English literature AP study materials will be a good guide for the clep exam? Thanks in advance!
I have taken both the AP English exam and the CLEP English Literature exam, and I have to say that they aren't really similar. Although I admit that I took the AP exam ten years ago, and the CLEP last week. The AP exam requires essays and is harder than the CLEP. I do have the study guide for the AP English exam, but I wouldn't recommend it for the CLEP English Lit. It is more appropriate for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature and essay writing advice.

I scored a 74 on the CLEP, but I actually read the Norton Anthology of English Literature. It is several thousand pages, so I wouldn't recommend that to everyone. The Complete Idiot's guide to English Literature would be more helpful instead for many people, imho, as a study guide. Just my opinion. Although you might want to read as much here as you can: The Norton Anthology of English Literature: Archive --They have quizzes too!

Good luck!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
I've taken the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature test once (which has LOTS of British Literature), and I came up short by four points. I spent a month studying for this exam and I kind of got frustrated when I found out that I didn't pass because I felt like I did everything in my power to prepare for it. I'm going to take it again in a couple weeks, but I don't know how to prepare for it now... PLEASE HELP!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 212 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,803 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Test score rogeryoung 4 472 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 423 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 761 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,020 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 672 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 8,047 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 906 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,281 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso