Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good online ..A.S in .Business Management
just starting out in getting a higher ed....39yrs and travel alot so need a good cheap starting spot...what about penn foster or ccu?
A good cheap starting place is CLEP, DSST, and Straighterline. Penn Foster is good for courses to transfer to one of the big three, but they don't have regional accreditation so I would avoid them for a degree. Most people on here seem to prefer Thomas Edison State College or Charter Oak. Most of the requirements can be completed through alternative sources like those I mentioned before signing up for a program.

Here is the Business Administration Associates at Thomas Edison.
Associate in Science in Business Administration Degree Program

If you have a look at Sanantone's degree plans for the BSBA General Management linked below, you will see how to cheaply get credits that meet the various requirements.

Sanantone's BSBA General Management - Degree Forum Wiki

Straighterline is probably the best option for someone who travels.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
TESC offers an AS in Business Administration. I'm sure Excelsior and Charter Oak State College offer a business related Associates degree. All three are exellent for the adult learner. Research the forum and the school websites for more information.

I would definitely NOT get a degree from Penn Foster. (Take a few independent courses and transfer to one of the 3 colleges mentioned above? Yes A Degree? No Way.)

I have no knowledge of CCU.

Good luck!

Programs of Study - Charter Oak State College
Excelsior College | Excelsior College Program Descriptions
Associate in Science in Business Administration Degree Program

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
thanks df will start looking...
COSC only offers an AS and AA in General Studies.

With the Per Credit Tuition Plan at TESC, one could probably finish the ASBA at TESC for a couple of thousand dollars using at least four TECEPs (to meet the residency requirement under this plan), Saylor, TEEX, and ALEKS along with CLEP and DSST if needed.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'd look at the offering of New Mexico junior college online.....and know that they accept a lot of clep
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
if money is not an issue and you can come up with it fast, go with TESC. No capstone needed for the ASBA. All classes except for marketing and PC can be completed through straighterline, aleks for math, and TECEP or CLEP English composition and PC, saylor for marketing, then you're done. Depends on how fast you work and give up your social life, I mean no life, you can easily knock all the classes out in 6 to 9 months. I've done 7 classes that way in one month, I had no life. I caught up with the news and tornado warnings at the watercooler. My only entertainment was watching my kid at his games on the weekend, even then when he was sitting I was reading. You can do it! You can do it, study I mean, all night long!
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA
Hey, did your TEEX credit count as free credits or toward the actual Liberal Arts major. I started the classes but stopped because I did not think they would count toward my major. I took the capstone it was tough, with lots of writing, but I aced it with an A, you can too! Now I on my last few classes and I am going crazy trying to work classes in.
I just started the Penn Foster Associates in business. If you are looking for a relatively cheap and quick program with accreditation to help yourself get ahead at work, go for it. If you like a more structured style of study, this program or New Charter might be a good fit. I have yet to decide where I will finish my bachelors.

If you want to test out of most classes or require regional accreditation for your or a new employer then TESC, COSC might be your best fit.

There is a wealth of knowledge here so use it and investigate what you actually need for your particular circumstances and don't just take the first option that sounds good. These guys will help any way they can.
Both Penn Foster and CCU accept CLEP and DSST exams. Their degrees will transfer to 4 year colleges to include those that hold regional accreditation.
Associate in Arts - University of the State of New York / 1989
Undergraduate certificate in marketing, Ashworth College.

BSLS Excelsior college in progress. 6 classes to go

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 303 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,698 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,663 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,988 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,854 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 534 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 342 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,308 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 729 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 873 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77