Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general chemistry
I may have missed it in another thread, but I didn't read in this thread that the OP was trying to become a patent agent or patent attorney. So, my response was tailored for completing the BSAST.

If I decide to attempt the patent bar, my plan is to retake the Chemistry CLEP because I know of several colleges that award lab credits for CLEPs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I may have missed it in another thread, but I didn't read in this thread that the OP was trying to become a patent agent or patent attorney. So, my response was tailored for completing the BSAST.

If I decide to attempt the patent bar, my plan is to retake the Chemistry CLEP because I know of several colleges that award lab credits for CLEPs.

Do you know any off hand that will do that with a score of 50. I know of ONE that will do it with a 55 only, but the result is identical. This is why: The catalog page describing the class, or the syllabus, must say that the class is for science, or for chemistry majors. So only the one I could find that accepts a 55 says science. I got a 49 in my first try. I am willing to retry for a 50. I studied for sooo long, but didn't realize each question must be answered in a 1 minute 12 second average in order to finish the entire exam.
Found one...

Tarrant Community College offers 8 semester credits for Chem 1 and Chem 2 (Chem 1411 and 1412. The catalog states, "Fundamental principles of chemistry for majors in the sciences, health sciences, and engineering" for a score of 50.

Except.... "A student must be enrolled at least one full term at TCC and be enrolled at TCC during the term for which credit is posted on the permanent record."

Back to the drawing board.
Central Texas College.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
university of alaska fairbanks gives 8 credits for a score of 50.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

So one would have to enroll, add the chem CLEP to their transcript, and then enroll back at TESU and transfer the transcript from the other college?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:So one would have to enroll, add the chem CLEP to their transcript, and then enroll back at TESU and transfer the transcript from the other college?
No, that wouldn't help. TESU would ignore what the other school did with the CLEP and would instead want you to send your CLEP score and apply their own rules. So would any other school.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thats what i thought...credit laundering and whatnot. But im trying to figure out the posts here.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Yeah, my query was for the USPTO. Other queries are for degree-seeking purposes. Degree-seekers need to be more careful with this, as CLEP transfers wildly different per college/university. Whereas the USPTO just requires burden of proof of qualified, accredited credits, that fit the subsection applied for.
Ok, makes sense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 596 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 3,201 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 2,052 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 2,197 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  Allied Health General Science Courses? threecats 7 1,252 07-08-2022, 11:58 PM
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,665 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Has anyone taken TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab? DIGI-212 3 894 10-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,445 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
  Can you help me with my general ed? Areyes2511 25 3,514 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,854 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98