Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam question drag and drop???
Has anyone ever heard of CLEP using a "drag and drop" matching section on a CLEP exam? I had a member over on my Facebook group tell me there is a section on the American Lit exam like this- I think she's mistaken???:confused:
I have not heard any of my testing candidates comment on this type of question, but I do have someone taking that very exam this afternoon. Maybe I will just confirm that the entire test was multiple choice when he is finished...
BGSU_Alum_86 Wrote:I have not heard any of my testing candidates comment on this type of question, but I do have someone taking that very exam this afternoon. Maybe I will just confirm that the entire test was multiple choice when he is finished...

thanks. The College Board hasn't changed any of their exam info- I'm 99% sure she's mistaken, but you never know....
Nope, all questions are multiple-choice. I also got to thinking there is no way any of the candidates who might be able to take the old paper/pencil version could perform that kind of response. Maybe they were thinking of a study prep site...
I wonder if it could have possibly been in the tutorial section that introduces the tester to the clep program. Mouse clicks, scrolling, moving between screens, marking,...etc. I would think most take advantage of this section during their initial test but after that never venture to that option again. Similar to the closing demo questions. (Was that CLEP or DSST, don't remember?) Answered first time, but never again. Just finish and request scores. Any who, if there is a drag drop feature, I would imagine it would be included in this section. Possibly preparing for future exam design?

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Here are the exact comments that I'm referencing:

"Actually, College Math CLEP has fill in the blank questions, and the literature CLEPs have questions where you drag the answers into the correct order."

and

"I had some questions where I had to drag answers into the right order, on the literature CLEPs. Maybe those were the experimental/un-scored questions?"

and

"to clarify, it's not dragging the answer really, it's click on answer then click on space to set the answer there, and you had 3 or 4 answers to set in order."

I respect this person's privacy, so the name is removed. This was on my Facebook page (my book page). I will also add that this person uses CollegePlus. I say that as a clue maybe into the format of an exam prep source that is being used, nothing more. Any insight?
I know the College math now has fill in the blank. I don't remember mine having fill in the blank a couple of years ago, but my sisters test did (Jan. test). So maybe they are adding a new feature?
That's great news! The current/original design is boring and is easily tiring. Same monochromatic screen as computers of the 1980s. Reminded me of one of my first gigs at AT&T on IBM PCs. LOL. Darn things were dinosaurs that took two people to move. Floppy anyone? :ack:

All jokes aside, hopefully this is only the beginning of the testing format become more interactive. Dare I wish by also adding a splash of contrasting color (even one), would most likely make sitting an exam much easier on the candidate. The brain is not as sharp while bored and by mid test you are experiencing eye strain.

Times are definitely a changing. Happy to see CLEP is possibly coming out of the dark ages! Please keep us informed; if all tests are updated, maybe I'll go sit another exam just for the thrill!! Big Grin

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Yes, I heard that the CLEP exam software was completely updated. However, the assessment center said it wasn't working right the first two days and to call before coming for my test tomorrow.

So it sounds like drag and drop is a definite possibility :-)
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100
I still say there needs to be consistency between what is offered on the paper/pencil version of the exams and the computerized version. A candidate would not be able to produce the "click & drag" method. There is also nothing about this style of question that is covered in a tutorial for CLEP candidates since there is no longer an actual "tutorial" -- just a simple screen describing the various buttons the candidate will have access to on their testing screen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,223 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,783 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 358 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 284 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,981 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 233 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 508 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,917 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,078 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,858 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77