Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread
Nice! How was BUS200? I know this is relative, but was it easy? Hard? Moderate? How would you describe it?
How many weeks do you have left BJ?
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@colonelcamp asked about BUS 200.

My opinion is that this is a sleeper difficult class that most people refer to as easy. But, maybe it's just me.

For this class, you create a trifold double sided brochure in MS Word, an .xls with various features, and a .ppt with various features. I don't know how detailed I can get on the specific features, but for me, the .ppt wasn't too bad, the others were tricky. I spent a lot of time refining the details, sweating out stuff like making sure my color palettes were compatible across the documents.

It's not really that difficult, but there are a lot of pieces that will push you on knowledge of specific MS Office features. And personally, I found it difficult to take seriously the MS Word brochure part. Does anybody actually still do that? Maybe they do and I live in a bubble.

That said, most people will say the class is easy, so maybe it was just how I approached it. Good luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kjnova's post:
  • davemodular, Pikachu
(07-29-2024, 12:32 PM)Kjnova Wrote: @colonelcamp asked about BUS 200.

My opinion is that this is a sleeper difficult class that most people refer to as easy. But, maybe it's just me.

For this class, you create a trifold double sided brochure in MS Word, an .xls with various features, and a .ppt with various features. I don't know how detailed I can get on the specific features, but for me, the .ppt wasn't too bad, the others were tricky. I spent a lot of time refining the details, sweating out stuff like making sure my color palettes were compatible across the documents.

It's not really that difficult, but there are a lot of pieces that will push you on knowledge of specific MS Office features. And personally, I found it difficult to take seriously the MS Word brochure part. Does anybody actually still do that? Maybe they do and I live in a bubble.

That said, most people will say the class is easy, so maybe it was just how I approached it. Good luck!

Many people, including the person who took 20 courses in a term, struggled a bit with BUS 200 compared to other UMPI courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-28-2024, 01:47 PM)kyledudedog Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 12:20 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 11:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I start July 1... Creating an accountability and progress thread for my UMPI BAS with triple minor, hoping to complete these in one single session.  I only have 10 classes to complete and most if not all of them are already in the "UMPI Master Review Thread".  It's best for me to illustrate it as follows, it'll be easier to 'see' the whole picture with colors indicating what I have and what is required.  See below for details... Red are the ones I have, ** All go towards the MAOL, # Adds up to 10 total

Management Minor Requirements:
#Take these two at UMPI instead of Study.com to round out the 10 required classes!
Study.com Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace - BUS 260: Leadership
Study.com Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management - BUS 321: Human Resource Management

MIS Minor Requirements:
Sophia.org Project Management - BUS 141 Introduction to Project Management w/Microsoft Projects
UMPI BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Study.com BUS 303 Management Information Systems - BUS 244 Management Information Systems
Google Data Analytics Certificate - BUS 245: Programming for Managers
UMPI BUS 345: Database Management Systems
**UMPI BUS 440 Business Analytics

PM Minor Requirements:
Study.com BUS 304 - Leading Organizational Change - BUS 240 Change Management
UMPI BUS 343 Project Risk & Cost Management
Google Project Management Certificate - BUS 400: Project Management Applications
UMPI BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
Study.com BUS 314 Advanced Operations Management - BUS 415 Operations Management
**UMPI BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication

Remaining Electives Requirements:
**UMPI BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
**UMPI BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Business
**Classes exempt/transferable into MAOL later

Note: Previously, I have transferred a few of these classes from Sophia.org, StraighterLine, Study.com, etc, but, for residency purposes, I am re-taking these and for retaining previous knowledge, plus use 3 of the 4 classes that can go towards the MAOL as they can't be transferred into the MAOL (must be taken at UMPI for transfer).  

PS: Happy Studies Everyone!  I'll be on the board lurking from July 1 until the end of Summer Session 2, you can PM me if needed.

Best of luck BJ. If anyone can finish 10 courses in one session it's you. I'm doing Summer 2 as well and overlap with you on BUS 200, BUS 440 and BUS 469. PM me if you want a study partner

As I just finished in one session, if there's any assistance I can offer either of you any assistance please let me know. I took the following:
BUS200, BUS220, BUS240, BUS244, BUS325, BUS343, BUS401, BUS 415, BUS400 & BUS469
So, basically, you transferred everything and only took the one listed?  NIce.
(06-28-2024, 11:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I start July 1... Creating an accountability and progress thread for my UMPI BAS with triple minor, hoping to complete these in one single session.  I only have 10 classes to complete and most if not all of them are already in the "UMPI Master Review Thread".  It's best for me to illustrate it as follows, it'll be easier to 'see' the whole picture with colors indicating what I have and what is required.  See below for details... Red are the ones I have, ** All go towards the MAOL, # Adds up to 10 total

Management Minor Requirements:
#Take these two at UMPI instead of Study.com to round out the 10 required classes!
Study.com Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace - BUS 260: Leadership
Study.com Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management - BUS 321: Human Resource Management

MIS Minor Requirements:
Sophia.org Project Management - BUS 141 Introduction to Project Management w/Microsoft Projects
UMPI BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Study.com BUS 303 Management Information Systems - BUS 244 Management Information Systems
Google Data Analytics Certificate - BUS 245: Programming for Managers
UMPI BUS 345: Database Management Systems
**UMPI BUS 440 Business Analytics

PM Minor Requirements:
Study.com BUS 304 - Leading Organizational Change - BUS 240 Change Management
UMPI BUS 343 Project Risk & Cost Management
Google Project Management Certificate - BUS 400: Project Management Applications
UMPI BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
Study.com BUS 314 Advanced Operations Management - BUS 415 Operations Management
**UMPI BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication

Remaining Electives Requirements:
**UMPI BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
**UMPI BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Business
**Classes exempt/transferable into MAOL later

Note: Previously, I have transferred a few of these classes from Sophia.org, StraighterLine, Study.com, etc, but, for residency purposes, I am re-taking these and for retaining previous knowledge, plus use 3 of the 4 classes that can go towards the MAOL as they can't be transferred into the MAOL (must be taken at UMPI for transfer).  

PS: Happy Studies Everyone!  I'll be on the board lurking from July 1 until the end of Summer Session 2, you can PM me if needed.

(07-14-2024, 10:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Complete
BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 345: Database Management Systems

Doing
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 321: Human Resource Management

Next batch
BUS 343 Project Risk & Cost Management
BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Business

Final set
BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication

Did you end up completing the rest of the courses? The 16th is the cutoff for Summer 2. I got a slow start on mine and only completed 2 classes this session but intend on doing the remainder during Fall 1 & 2. I was speaking to my success coach and she directed me to this tool called the “what if”. I wanted to show you, in case you didn’t already know about it, it can be found in the classic student center under the academics tab and it is called “what if”. Inside of the tool you can plan your minors or major and it will create a pdf of what courses need to be completed to finish. It is the same tool that the success coaches use to give you your report in what is complete or needs to be completed. That being said I am going for the triple minor also now!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bikingrox211's post:
  • Pikachu
Amazing progress
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Basically, I completed 7 out of the 10 I needed to graduate in one session, that's mainly because I was away on vacation for three weeks, and didn't bring my laptop with me. Anyways, I wasn't in a rush to complete them either, I will be doing the remaining ones not the next session, but following session as I have more things on my plate.

Final set remaining and then off to the MAOL I go! BTW, thank you all for your contributions to my educational goal, I wouldn't have been able to do this free (you all helped with the ENEB and Study.com referrals, it paid for 2 sessions, and after this month, that may go up to the MAOL level too as I am almost half way there! Wow!).

BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
And I am taking my final week off still (yes, I am on another vacation from August 23-30), this time with the laptop!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP
So, 70% done in about a month, that's great!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-01-2024, 06:42 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 12:32 PM)Kjnova Wrote: @colonelcamp asked about BUS 200.

Many people, including the person who took 20 courses in a term, struggled a bit with BUS 200 compared to other UMPI courses.

I had no experience with Microsoft Office before taking Bus 200.  I used a Coursera trial to take an MS Office course to prepare. The rubric was ambiguous and the feedback I received didn't align with the rubric at all.  I earned an A but spent so much time on this course trying to exceed vague guidelines that I couldn't take another course I had planned. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 146 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,531 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 274 Yesterday, 09:31 AM
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 24 1,375 10-14-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Samhain408
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 96,848 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster...Personal Plan & Progress wkshasta 16 658 10-12-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klone
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,240 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 470 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 431 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,275 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM