Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I
Even though Sophia UX has very less posts, they're 'real' members that do help with issues, and as mentioned by another mod, they're legit.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pach, sophia UX
Well I sent a dm to this tech support.
I tried for thr 5th time to get tutoring using whiteboard and pasting the failed essay and it is useless. Still geolocked.
(07-06-2023, 06:05 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Well I sent a dm to this tech support.
I tried for thr 5th time to get tutoring using whiteboard and pasting the failed essay and it is useless. Still geolocked.

PMs are still disabled.

Please log back into Sophia and check the status of EC1.

As for the geoblocked tutoring, we have a new tutoring partner (Brainfuse) and are still working out the kinks. Thanks for reporting this issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like sophia UX's post:
  • origamishuttle, TwinMom
Well, it looks like someone let me pass the course despite the failing grade which dropped the score from a 95 to a an 83. I might as well accept the score as it is but this whole experience disheartened me. I would have not minded sending the essay a 3rd time if I had been able to get help and know why I did everything wrong. I guess I will never know

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen_Recording_20230706_185410_Chrome_exported_1191.jpg (Size: 159.2 KB / Downloads: 17)
(07-06-2023, 08:04 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Well, it looks like someone let me pass the course despite the failing grade which dropped the score from a 95 to a an 83. I might as well accept the score as it is but this whole experience disheartened me. I would have not minded sending the essay a 3rd time if I had been able to get help and know why I did everything wrong. I guess I will never know

Thanks for being a Sophia member.
I did see the update that you passed the course. That's great news!

Since your PM is turned off, I'll post suggestions here that you can incorporate into your future writing courses.

Thesis Statement
I don't see a strong thesis statement.  This is the most important part of your paper and likely the main reason you lost so many points.

A strong thesis statement for this paper could be:
"The increasing prevalence of identity and credit card theft in our highly digitalized society necessitates urgent action from governments to strengthen enforcement, enhance international cooperation, and implement comprehensive measures to protect citizens, prosecute cybercriminals, and mitigate the economic and social consequences of these crimes."

Counterargument
I didn't see any counterargument

Example of counterargument:
Some may argue that the responsibility to prevent identity and credit card theft lies primarily with individuals, as they should exercise caution and take necessary precautions when engaging in online activities. They argue that educating individuals about the risks, promoting cybersecurity awareness, and encouraging responsible online behavior would be more effective than relying solely on government intervention.

Transitions between paragraphs
Example transition to insert in the previous paragraph before "Finding solutions":
In addition to the need for government action, it is crucial to examine the psychological profile of potential victims.

APA hanging indention
Proper APA is hanging indention in the Biography. 

Also, I saw that sometimes in the paper, there was no comma after the last name. (Cross 2020), (Nino 2017).

Grammarly Suggestions (Note: Grammarly sometimes makes errors)
1. Identity and credit card theft are is a huge social problem.

2. The worst aspect is that the countries with the highest number of cyber criminals cybercriminals per capita constantly cry wolf about the loss of foreign investment without doing anything about clamping down on crime to begin with.

(You usually don't end a sentence with a dangling preposition.)

3. Once again, the schemes of legal loopholes used by criminals emulates emulate plenty of politicians with offshore bank accounts.

4. Most victims of scams tend to be extroverted people with a high degree of nervousness and a propensity to take risks. 

5. Some countries are vested in protecting their citizens by funding universities or have increased legal grounds to exert punitive measures against the birth countries of many cyber criminals cybercriminals.

6. Nigerians living abroad have has selected this topic for their university thesis (Adedipe 2016). 

Overall
The quality of the paper is good, and I don't see any major fundamental issues with sentence construction.

Some professors are picky with APA, so make sure that it is perfect. Other than that, you should do well once you enroll in college to finish your degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 4 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • fromthedepths, origamishuttle, Pach, TwinMom
If you're planning to go to TESU, I'd suggest taking the English Comp II TECEP or doing English Comp II at Study.com. If you'll be going to UMPI, take English Comp II at UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
Exclamation 
(07-06-2023, 03:26 AM)Avidreader Wrote: I can't continue suffering like this. This final assignment is impossible for me. I have a 95% all around score on this course, but I have failed the 4th touchstone twice and thus the course... by 5 decimals.

Just recently, I received my third touchstone back (English Composition I, Touchstone 2.2: Informative Essay Draft), and unfortunately, I failed by just one point, even though this particular touchstone is only worth 10 points. It feels like a cruel joke. Considering that all my previous touchstones received top grades and my overall score is 97, something seems off, doesn't it?

The grader's written feedback is vague and unhelpful, providing little guidance to improve the essay. However, when it comes to assigning scores, she is assertive and direct in expressing her judgment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 92,811 Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,086 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 196 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,490 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 334 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 511 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 452 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 463 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 846 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 912 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts