Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I
I can't continue suffering like this. This final assignment is impossible for me. I have a 95% all around score on this course, but I have failed the 4th touchstone twice and thus the course... by 5 decimals.
I have wasted too much money being stuck in this impossible mountain. I have writers block or something is wrong with my brain or my self clonfidence or I don't know. But the comments from the 2nd proctor was a vague: you didn’t have sufficiently perfect ADA citations but they didn’t say well it is not good enough but this is what I think you should do next time...
Nah, I get something very vague and confusing and I have been staring at the screen for... 10 days and... actually it has been 3 weeks and I can't think of how to like... not fail.
I obviously have an urgent need for tutoring because nobody seems to know how to help me. The problem is... I am geolocked from the tutoring service. I can't even convince them using a vpn. Yes, a vpn doesn't bypass this geolocked tutoring hurdle. This is the screencap blocked message I got.
I am just thinking of counting my losses and will probably drop out tomorrow. Forget it. This course was a waste of my time. I could have aced 5 courses in the time I suffered through this one.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen_Recording_20230706_021533_Chrome_exported_0.jpg (Size: 292.7 KB / Downloads: 30)
Firstly, I would definitely contact Sophia about the geolocking. They may be unaware or have set it up unintentionally. They know international students are using their services, so blocking tutoring seems silly.

Secondly, you're so close. Do you have Discord? I can't promise I'll be the best tutor, but I did pass Sophia English Comp I. If you've got Discord, I can try to help you out.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, sophia UX, TwinMom
YOU ARE SO CLOSE COME ON
PM me if you want
(07-06-2023, 03:26 AM)Avidreader Wrote: I can't continue suffering like this.

Suffering is a good thing, not a bad thing. That's how we grow as a person.

It's better to suffer now so that later when you enroll in college, your writing will be good enough to pass the courses.

I failed Sophia Stats 5th milestone. I didn't take the practice milestone and rushed to take the 5th milestone, which I failed by one question. When I did the retake, I aced the milestone missing only one question. That failure taught me how to learn math online, which helped me pass Discrete Math and Calculus. 

Sophia:
"We allow one retake attempt per course. If you would like to retake a course, please drop the course and reenroll
to start the course from the beginning. If your course was dropped automatically due to inactivity and
you would like to reactivate or retake the course, please reach out to a Learning Coach who will review your
request.
"

Someone said before that you had to wait 30 days, though I don't know if this is still true. I would recommend contacting customer service via live chat for any questions. There are other providers where you can take English Comp I if you don't want to use Sophia again.

As for why you failed, it could have been due to flaws in your process. Some possible reasons include:

1. Not following the rubric/instructions.
  2. Poor APA formatting.
  3. Grammar or spelling errors.
  4. Flawed sentence construction.
  5. Lack of smooth transitions.
  6. Other miscellaneous errors.
It would be helpful to have a tutor or another person review and check your work before submitting it to Sophia. They can identify any flaws and show you areas that need improvement. Often, it's the small things that make a difference.

I'm curious to see the paper that Sophia failed. You can send it to me via PM, and I'll take a look at it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • AwardTour, origamishuttle
(07-06-2023, 03:26 AM)Avidreader Wrote: I can't continue suffering like this.

Hey can you please PM me the email address you use for Sophia so we can look into all this? Thanks.
(07-06-2023, 04:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Firstly, I would definitely contact Sophia about the geolocking. They may be unaware or have set it up unintentionally. They know international students are using their services, so blocking tutoring seems silly.

Secondly, you're so close. Do you have Discord? I can't promise I'll be the best tutor, but I did pass Sophia English Comp I. If you've got Discord, I can try to help you out.

Oh, Sophia got an email 7 days ago where I stated I am geolocked. They replied two days ago stating the problem was fixed. As everyone can see from the snapshot, it neither was fixed nor using a vpn bypasses this locking problem. I suspect it geolocks an account depending on the home address they use signing up.

I am just staring at that screen and wanting to cry wishing to drop the course. I want to drop out so so bad and forget I waste almost 3 months of my life and 300 dollars for nothing.
(07-06-2023, 01:14 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I am just staring at that screen and wanting to cry wishing to drop the course. I want to drop out so so bad and forget I waste almost 3 months of my life and 300 dollars for nothing.

Let us help you so that it's not for nothing.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
@Avidreader, PM sophia UX, they mentioned to do so in order for them to look into this for you. I suggest PM and detail exactly what's going on and also link them to this thread so they can see the issue at hand and either reply to PM or put an update in the thread for you with extra steps if any.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-06-2023, 04:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Avidreader, PM sophia UX, they mentioned to do so in order for them to look into this for you.  I suggest PM and detail exactly what's going on and also link them to this thread so they can see the issue at hand and either reply to PM or put an update in the thread for you with extra steps if any.

Is that user a genuine account from a developer of the company? I am very paranoid about these things.
Yes, Sophia UX is legit.

Avidreader, I tried to respond to your PM but you have PMs disabled right now.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • sophia UX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 92,765 Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,075 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 193 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,490 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 334 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 510 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 450 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 463 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 842 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 912 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts