Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Mentor Search
I’m getting ready to start an MBA at WGU and need some help. The start date for this term was May 1, and I registered on May 2. That means that the next available start date is June 1. I would really like to start immediately instead of waiting for a month. Does anyone know of a WGU mentor who could help me make this happen?
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

Hmm, it's hard to say, I don't think a mentor would be able to help, admissions would more likely be able to assist but not sure if they can do so... Anyways, I would give them a try instead. Apply, get the ball rolling, send in all transcripts, etc and ask for an earlier start. BTW, did you finish your BSBA after your BASS?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77,
Thanks for your advice. Yes, I finished my BSBA in 2018 and was able to walk at the TESU commencement with five of my siblings. It was awesome!
Completed: 

I don't think WGU makes exceptions to the start date. Everyone starts on the first. You'd have to check with admissions if it's possible to start now. Have you completed everything in the admissions process?
Nope, sorry, this isn’t going to happen. You have to be cleared to start and made tuition arrangements by the 25th.

Go watch MIT’s series on economics. Then some Farhat managerial accounting. And then an overview of finance. You can do a lot in the next 4 weeks to prepare you to one-term your MBA since it’s a pretty common body of knowledge degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like Courcelles's post:
  • jch, Vle045
(05-04-2022, 05:48 AM)Courcelles Wrote: Nope, sorry, this isn’t going to happen. You have to be cleared to start and made tuition arrangements by the 25th.

Go watch MIT’s series on economics. Then some Farhat managerial accounting. And then an overview of finance. You can do a lot in the next 4 weeks to prepare you to one-term your MBA since it’s a pretty common body of knowledge degree.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely go check those out. Do you have any other advice?
Completed: 

For a bachelor's degree, WGU will let you open the 1st course though you can't submit any papers or do the final.

I haven't seen any reports that they do this for the master's degrees.

If you spend 20hrs a week studying, you should have no problem finishing in 6 months.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
If you want a refresher or get "ahead" in their courses, the only thing you can do is to review their courses that are being taught and see what they have in the syllabus. You can see if you can find any "Youtube" videos that explain content that you may not be familiar with... Technically, since you have a BA and BSBA, you're well on your way with the MBA. Did you select a concentration when you applied? Last but not least, you may want to update your signature, keep it short and simple too while you're at it!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-04-2022, 03:56 PM)Flying-Ace Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 05:48 AM)Courcelles Wrote: Nope, sorry, this isn’t going to happen. You have to be cleared to start and made tuition arrangements by the 25th.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely go check those out. Do you have any other advice?

Econ, Accounting, and Finance, as well as Data-Driven Decision Making are the big four roadblocks.  THe first three are all standard knowledge tests, though, no papers or anything WGU-specific, so perfectly fine to prepare for in advance.

Same with C202; which is another test and is basically “overview of Human Resources and US employment law”.  Nothing proprietary or WGU specific about that, and there’s a lot of resources to help you get up to speed on that.  

(Academic integrity makes giving you a rundown of the paper-based classes questionable.  But for these four, I’m really not telling you anything beyond “they’re a test, they cover the material you’d expect based on the titles, and there are resources to learn this stuff freely available on the internet.”  Some pre-study when your six month clock is not running will make a one term finish much easier, though.)
I appreciate all the advice! I’m set to start on June 1st. In the meantime, I’ll be studying the recommended Quizlets and YouTube videos. I’m looking forward to seeing how quickly I can complete this challenge!
Completed: