Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Study.com for TECEP?
Has anyone used Study.com to study for TECEPs? I've signed up for the Intro to Comparitive Politics and Federal Income Taxation TECEPs. I have a SDC subscription and see they have classes for both. Wondering if anyone has taken these tests using SDC as their study guide (or at least as part of their study method) and how you did?
I used Study.com for Network Tech TECEP, and it was missing too much information, which caused me to fail the exam.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-01-2023, 06:19 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I used Study.com for Network Tech TECEP, and it was missing too much information, which caused me to fail the exam.
Darn it. Was hoping this might be a good enough option vs reading the recommended materials.
The SDC courses can be a good supplement, but shouldn't be your only study materials.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's right, you can use a multiple list of options from library resources (online or not), to OER options that are available, and also Study.com as a resource to determine what information you're lacking knowledge in. So many options to gauge what info you're missing and to work on... I would also look at the TECEP webpage for those OER options to skim through and note whatever learning knowledge gaps you have.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks. Now I'm a little nervous. I had been planning on using the recommended Saylor course for Intro to Comparitive Politics, but the amount of reading is enormous. I'll start with Study.com and then see if it's possible to skim through Saylor to find the topics on the test description. But I suppose it's better than failing. I really need the RA credits!
I used it for the history tecep along with saylor and passed.
Don't be nervous, it'll be sufficient study if you know what you're doing/reviewing, follow whatever OER resources that are available on the TECEP...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 721 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 227 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 489 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 1,028 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 304 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,720 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 927 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 376 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 253 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 401 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader