Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Session
Hey guys, Is it normal to not know the first two courses you will be put in only a few weeks before the start date? I am starting August 28th. It has taken a while for UMPI to get back with me after submitting transcripts at the beginning of July and now still waiting on study.com courses to show in transfer report. Jessica told me they were still being reviewed. I replied to the emails they sent out to give me courses. I just want to make sure there’s nothing I am missing. I also want to be able to send in my course information to work for reimbursement before I start.
Thanks!
Some students don't get classes added to their account until the day before or even the day of the new session. If you are relatively sure that XYZ course won't be covered by your transfers, you can ask to do that one first.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@wj123, Basically, things take time for a small institution... It's normal and a waiting game at that stage... Just wondering, did you complete all the sophia.org, study.com, and anything else in addition to what was mentioned in your previous thread here? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...dvice-help

"I replied to the emails they sent out to give me courses." What did you tell them? Which courses? You should have a degree plan spreadsheet in place of what you bring to the table and the requirements from the WIKI to compare what you have and need. You have to tell them you want to take courses that are in the missing list.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-17-2023, 08:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @wj123, Basically, things take time for a small institution... It's normal and a waiting game at that stage... Just wondering, did you complete all the sophia.org, study.com, and anything else in addition to what was mentioned in your previous thread here? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...dvice-help

"I replied to the emails they sent out to give me courses." What did you tell them? Which courses? You should have a degree plan spreadsheet in place of what you bring to the table and the requirements from the WIKI to compare what you have and need.  You have to tell them you want to take courses that are in the missing list.
Yea I was able to get everything done before applying but study.com had an error initially so those had to be resent to UMPI. I’ll go ahead and email Jessica and tell her which classes I’d like to take. I still have 2 low level courses that I can take first. Thanks!

(08-17-2023, 07:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Some students don't get classes added to their account until the day before or even the day of the new session. If you are relatively sure that XYZ course won't be covered by your transfers, you can ask to do that one first.
Okay I’ll go ahead and to tell her which one’s I’d like and I’ll go from there. I figured they were backed up with the move to brightspace too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 16 876 Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 310 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Graduating after a single session kyledudedog 5 675 07-20-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: tdat314
Question UMPI Questions (upcoming student ) MuneebAzhar 18 1,254 07-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MuneebAzhar
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 17 2,988 05-25-2024, 08:56 PM
Last Post: 10YearBachelor
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 1,399 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 539 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,398 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 18,057 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 660 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts