Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session
Credit transfer report and degree progress report attached. It looks as though 126 credits have been accepted leaving 10 courses for me to complete at UMPI. The only thing that I am surprised at is that the MAT140 requirement was not satisfied through completing the Sophia Calculus course.

Now that I've recieved the report, what are the next steps? I know this is a vague question but the instructions sent by UMPI are not exactly clear as to what I need to do now so I'm not sure as to what the first step is.

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI Credit Transfer Report.pdf (Size: 37.69 KB / Downloads: 168)
[-] The following 2 users Like FM1's post:
  • Charles Fout, Pikachu
Easy, you talk to your assigned academic advisor, have them create the academic evaluation where it shows your remaining classes and it'll be highlighted in yellow. We can review that and give you some recommendations if needed. You just need those 10 classes if you have all other requirements completed already...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have received the finalised copy of my degree progress report (attached). The 10 remaining courses I have to take to get the BBA in PM & IS is:
  • ENG 101
  • ENG 121
  • BUS 200
  • ENG 151
  • BUS 141
  • BUS 343
  • BUS 325
  • HUM 103
  • BUS 469
  • BUS 359
How can I complete all the above classes in a single 8 week session? Given the restriction on 2 concurrent classes, is there any way to ensure that I'm not waiting for assignments/papers to be graded? Should I finish assignments first and then work back through the course?

I am not working and have no other commitments so I will be dedicating at least 8 hours a day to finishing this degree.

Attached Files
.pdf   Degree Progress Report.pdf (Size: 25.73 KB / Downloads: 111)
[-] The following 2 users Like FM1's post:
  • Charles Fout, Pikachu
You can't submit the Final Assessment in most courses without the Milestones being graded and passed. Some classes don't even give you access to the FA until you pass all of the Milestones. There's no way to guarantee you that you can complete all of these courses in 1 term. No one can say how to do it. You never know what will happen in life. No one knows what your experience is. No one knows what your research and writing abilities are. It's always best to plan for at least 2 terms and if you can get it done in 1 term that's awesome. Also BUS359 has not been offered in at least 4 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, SophiaPrincess
(02-14-2024, 09:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You can't submit the Final Assessment in most courses without the Milestones being graded and passed. Some classes don't even give you access to the FA until you pass all of the Milestones. There's no way to guarantee you that you can complete all of these courses in 1 term. No one can say how to do it. You never know what will happen in life. No one knows what your experience is. No one knows what your research and writing abilities are. It's always best to plan for at least 2 terms and if you can get it done in 1 term that's awesome. Also BUS359 has not been offered in at least 4 years.

I say this with respect because you've been incredibly helpful and patient with all of my questions so I hope you take this as a constructive discussion - your response is not helpful and is borderline abbrasive. As a comparison, if someone asked me how they go from not running at all to being able to run 5 kms within a specified timeframe, I could respond in a similar manner and say that there's no way to say how it can be done, what can happen in life, etc. These considerations apply to all goals in life. I like to think I'd be helpful and offer general advice no how to begin to run, how to increase distance, how to increase pace, etc.

This is what I was hoping to get some advice and insights on - what general steps can be taken so I maximise my chances of completing 30 credits in one session. I have to plan for this as I haven't been working for a year now and I need to save every cent that I can.
[-] The following 5 users Like FM1's post:
  • indigoshuffle, Marlin9276, Pikachu, RachelB, sixdegreesandamovie
There is some variance in how long it takes people to complete courses at UMPI, depending on the person's experience and how hard the course is.

Courses can take between 10-40 hours to complete at UMPI.

The more time you study per week, the better your odds are at completing 10 courses in a single term.

Your prior experience with doing Sophia, Study.com, and Google certificate courses could help give you an estimate of your efficiency and your consistency in putting in the hours of work to complete courses.

There is no pre-studying you can do. The one thing that could slow you down is waiting for a course to open up.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • RachelB
As mentioned, there are variables at play and it really depends on the student, there aren't any shortcuts, having said that, the advice provided usually indicates that you need to put in the energy and time wisely to get it done in an orderly fashion.  I suggest before you begin the journey, read a couple of threads, here is one of them: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-8-days - then read this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...in-10-days - and write down 'notes' on other threads where you have advice on how to get specific classes completed.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, RachelB
(02-22-2024, 08:42 PM)LevelUP Wrote: There is some variance in how long it takes people to complete courses at UMPI, depending on the person's experience and how hard the course is.

Courses can take between 10-40 hours to complete at UMPI.

The more time you study per week, the better your odds are at completing 10 courses in a single term.

Your prior experience with doing Sophia, Study.com, and Google certificate courses could help give you an estimate of your efficiency and your consistency in putting in the hours of work to complete courses.

There is no pre-studying you can do. The one thing that could slow you down is waiting for a course to open up.

I'm committing a minimum of 60 hours per week so I'm feeling confident I can get this knocked on the head.

(02-22-2024, 09:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As mentioned, there are variables at play and it really depends on the student, there aren't any shortcuts, having said that, the advice provided usually indicates that you need to put in the energy and time wisely to get it done in an orderly fashion.  I suggest before you begin the journey, read a couple of threads, here is one of them: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-8-days - then read this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...in-10-days - and write down 'notes' on other threads where you have advice on how to get specific classes completed.

Thanks, I've read through those threads. The interesting point about the first one is where op recommends submitting milestones together. I would have thought staggering them out would be better so there's always something to work on/progress is being made. I imagine there'll be a few days downtime while waiting for milestones to be graded if they are being submitted together.
Try working backwards. Trying submitting milestones at once; why? Cause u get your feedback at once which u can use to gauge your speed. Do you need to slow down and shoot for a higher grade, or can you take a couple more hours, submit everything, and move on to the next class?

Discords servers, Reddit, and a bunch of other places talk about which UMPI yourpace professors are a pain in the butt, and which ones are not; research it, obviously this forum is not the only show in town.

The poster you said was unhelpful left you a big GIANT clue. If what she/he said is true (which it is), then there are classes that give you access to the FA off the rip.

Not everyone is in a rush, but some folks have time and financial constraints and are barely carving out the $1500 for UMPI, so the tone of your post is noted. I respect that. But keep in mind that most people will take 2 terms. That said, if you plan your work and do a bit of research, and carve out 40-60 hours a week, you should be done sooner than you think. No one can guarantee anything... but your chances are good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • Pikachu
When I did this, I tackled worked on both classes at once. You're typically assigned 2. I work my way up to Milestone 1, submit it. I switch to the other class, and do Milestone 1 and submit it. I hopped back and forth. If the concept is something you're very familiar with, keep at it. I've had a day where I did every milestone in one class, in the same day. Don't be afraid to work ahead, if you're comfortable with the subject. That's why it's competency based.

Eng 101 and 121 aren't too bad. The biggest criticism about the 121 is the professor is a bit nit-picky about your citations. You should practice citations. Practice on citation machine and Purdue Owl. Practice making a Annotated Bibliography.

BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing, has some outdated text. But, it's pretty straight forward and not too hard if you're computer literate.

ENG 151 - Intro to Lit, the professor is known for being a bit tough. She has high expectations and you're learning from someone with a PhD in it. The course has complex text and if you're not good at dissecting literature, you will struggle. She's known for being slow to respond.

Bus 141 - Project Management. Do you have any experience with Microsoft Project? Or any other Project Management tools? Start watching YouTube videos on this and how to use it. Start exploring some budgets, and how to make a budget. You also need to learn the fundlementals of being a project manager. You'd need to be intimately familiar with:
- Approach
- Managing Team
- Milestones
- WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Cost Control
- Schedule
- Quality Assurance
- Resource Management.

BUS 343 - Risk Management. This was an exam back when I took this. Focus on understanding the fundamental concepts of risk identification, assessment, and mitigation strategies, and actively engage in case studies to apply these concepts in real-world scenarios. Stay current with industry trends and regulatory changes, as these can significantly impact risk management practices and decision-making.

BUS 325 - Financial Management. This wasn't too bad. But, you will need to do some math. Basically you need to pretend you're a finance manager and you're going to plan and coordinate your company's finances. You're going to need to analyze markets, investments, and make decisions about your company's capital and how this can help you grow your assets.

HUM 103 - Creative Decision Making. This was actually pretty fun and you can be unique on your own. I don't expect this to slow you down at all.

BUS 469 - This is basically a "capstone" for the undergrad. You're going to need to focus on strategy and culture and how to communicate this with your team and market. You're going to need to be familiar with SWOT, reviewing resumes, interviewing, and giving your team active feedback. This is going to test your communication skills as a manager and how you approach coaching, team building, crises, and motivations.

BUS 359 - I don't know too much about this sorry.

(02-23-2024, 01:45 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote: Try working backwards. Trying submitting milestones at once; why? Cause u get your feedback at once which u can use to gauge your speed. Do you need to slow down and shoot for a higher grade, or can you take a couple more hours, submit everything, and move on to the next class?

Discords servers, Reddit, and a bunch of other places talk about which UMPI yourpace professors are a pain in the butt, and which ones are not; research it, obviously this forum is not the only show in town.

The poster you said was unhelpful left you a big GIANT clue. If what she/he said is true (which it is), then there are classes that give you access to the FA off the rip.

Not everyone is in a rush, but some folks have time and financial constraints and are barely carving out the $1500 for UMPI, so the tone of your post is noted. I respect that. But keep in mind that most people will take 2 terms. That said, if you plan your work and do a bit of research, and carve out 40-60 hours a week, you should be done sooner than you think. No one can guarantee anything... but your chances are good.

I agree. UMPI requires 30 credits, but, there's no rule to say they can't overlap. If someone is trying to "race" and do the 10 easiest, they should focus on which professors/classes they want based upon student reviews, then shape their plan to go after those. However, the professors and classes change often enough it's hard to plan this.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 16 876 Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 23 1,620 09-25-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 310 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 4 296 09-11-2024, 10:05 AM
  Adding more sophia and study,com credits ChuckMcNab 2 362 08-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 424 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Denied Financial Aid Because of 182 Credits. Adam54321 30 2,301 08-11-2024, 02:40 PM
  Deciding on UMPI or Study.com SyedUsman 5 518 08-03-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Choosing UMPI vs Study.com Ljanelle 8 605 07-28-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 517 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean