Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't start this session, super bummed..
It's my fault for waiting until the deadline to apply, but I only recently found out about these programs. I applied to UMPI before the deadline and sent in my transcripts. I got a call from a recruiter who I said I needed to send my high school transcripts before 7/28 but as long as they were ordered before then it would be okay. I ordered them 7/26 but they didn't receive them until 8/4 and because of that Shea told me I wouldn't be starting until October at the earliest. 

So now I'm feeling defeating about having to wait 2 more months and pushing my degree back 2 months. I ended up transferring in around 70~ credits and everything was geared towards UMPI so I don't know if something like WGU would be on the table or not. I also just don't know what to do now. I don't want to sit around and wait 2 months. I have SDC classes I could take (about 7) total, it would bring my UMPI required classes down to 10, but I also wasn't prepared to spend for the SDC monthly fee and was relying on FAFSA for schooling.
What a bummer. Could you maybe work in some Saylor.org credits while you wait? They have $5 final for credit exams.
What degree? Would any of your courses be covered by the free Coursera certificates?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hmm, (with the added energy and time) I guess it's a sign for you to take additional cheapies/freebies on the WIKI and slap them into a double major as I mentioned in your previous thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-which-one
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Since you only transferred in 70 credits, you have time to complete 20 more so you get to 90 credits.

My own experience with the application process of WGU is that it takes about 2-3 months to be accepted and then another 2 months to be able to start your program. It took me over 4 months to start my program at WGU. I had already applied and was accepted for a different program so this part wasn't super slow. But it still took almost 4 months for me to begin my courses. I reapplied in January at WGU and didn't get to start until May 1st. I didn't even know if I was going to be able to start then until 2 days before the term began because they are soooooo slow at processing everything. Financial aid was a complete nightmare.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I say take your 20cr if possible, and maximize your waiting period. If you tell us what courses you still need to complete, we can tell you if there are less expensive places to take them. Maybe you'd only need 1 month at SDC, which might be doable.

It's also possible that there is nothing less expensive since you have school paid for via FAFAS - but there might be some things you can do while you're waiting to start, to brush up and make the most of the time you have: for instance, maybe you need to brush up on your writing skills; or maybe you want to take some inexpensive courses on Word/Excel/Powerpoint; or something in your major; maybe you need to brush up on math; etc.

So let us know what you need, and we'll try to help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for all of the insight from everyone. This post was made from a point of frustration right after receiving the final email of "there's nothing I can do, sorry." And just needed to hear some other ideas/points of view. I'm going to post the list of classes that I know 100% I don't have done and will have to take at UMPI barring any changes after a transcript evaluation.

BUS 200 -- Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 220 -- Managerial Accounting
BUS 244 -- Management Information Systems
BUS 325 -- Financial Management
BUS 352 -- Business Law II
BUS 353 -- Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
BUS 361 -- Intermediate Accounting I
BUS 362 -- Intermediate Accounting II
BUS 376 -- Independent Auditing
BUS 377 -- Federal Taxation I
BUS 378 -- Federal Taxation II
BUS 440 -- Business Analytics
BUS 464 -- Advanced Accounting
BUS 469 -- Strategic Professional Communication
ENG 121 -- College Composition II
MAT 140 -- Mathematics for Business
PCJ 215 -- Business Communication

I said I didn't really want to spend the money to do something like SDC, but as @dfrecore said there's nothing going to be cheaper than free so either I can spend the money and take some of these classes, or use the 2 months studying course material I know I'm going to need/take. So maybe a month or 2 of SDC to keep my desired diploma date and not feel like I've "wasted" the time between Fall 1 and Fall 2 session is a good idea and wouldn't only benefit because I could end up with only needed the required 30 cu taken at UMPI instead of needing 51 at minimum as it stands now.

Any alternatives to these courses above would be helpful. I have the list of the ones I can take from SDC from the wiki, but I think there's some of these that I can take on Saylor.org also.

(08-13-2023, 11:39 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, (with the added energy and time) I guess it's a sign for you to take additional cheapies/freebies on the WIKI and slap them into a double major as I mentioned in your previous thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-which-one

You're right, that's a lot more realistic of a possibility now without needing extra sessions/time, knocking out some courses and going into Oct with the same if not less amount of courses now but towards a double major. I'm going to re-read that post and your suggestions and look into that as well.
For BUS-440, the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate on Coursera is a possibility. It's not supposed to be free, but it can be. You would need to "speed run" each course individually in 7 days (or fewer) and then sign up for the certificate itself once you finished the course. Each course within the certificate supposedly takes 8-30 hours, plus any quizzes/exams/projects they contain. Depending on how much time you have for study, other students have definitely reported being able to finish this certificate in 2-3 weeks total.

PCJ-215 is Business Communication at Sophia.

Anything else available would be on SDC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
From your list - the ones I completed on Saylor.org were Bus244 (bus 206 on Saylor) and Bus 353 (bus 200 on Saylor)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Baezbug's post:
  • origamishuttle
lllunchbox Wrote:You're right, that's a lot more realistic of a possibility now without needing extra sessions/time, knocking out some courses and going into Oct with the same if not less amount of courses now but towards a double major. I'm going to re-read that post and your suggestions and look into that as well.

*Ding Ding*, with the info from Baezbug and Rachel83AZl, as I mentioned earlier, you can use Coursera, Sophia.org, Study.com to complete more transfer credit towards the double major, and take 3 sessions at most at UMPI for the double degree at $4500. If you're really fast as you've got some time, you can do that probably in two sessions for a double major at $3K flat!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 16 876 Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 310 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Graduating after a single session kyledudedog 5 675 07-20-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 17 2,988 05-25-2024, 08:56 PM
Last Post: 10YearBachelor
  March 11 Start Date ari_b93 4 517 02-25-2024, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 1,399 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 61 13,965 12-30-2023, 11:22 AM
  How to start MAOL? Junco 4 708 11-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 909 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 539 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM