Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USSR Vs. Civil War?
Okay... I'm a little confused here. I hear people saying this is really hard, but the same people are also saying that the Civil War and Reconstruction was hard when I thought that test was easy (and no... I was not a Civil War nut). Does anybody think that The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union is significantly harder than the Civil War and Reconstruction, that the questions are vaguer, or that it tends to be more obscure?
Thanks!
In my opinion, the difficultly level of these tests are very close. If you have access to the specific feedback, the USSR Exam will not be a problem. Also, Youtube has a few videos that are worth a watch. Personally, I enjoyed studying for USSR more than the Civil War Exam.
Orimaru1 Wrote:In my opinion, the difficultly level of these tests are very close. If you have access to the specific feedback the USSR will not be a problem. Personally, I enjoyed USSR a lot more.
Sounds good to me - since I have to take both! Big Grin

I like the font.

leah.anne Wrote:I hear people saying this is really hard, but the same people are also saying that the Civil War and Reconstruction was hard when I thought that test was easy (and no... I was not a Civil War nut). Does anybody think that The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union is significantly harder than the Civil War and Reconstruction, that the questions are vaguer, or that it tends to be more obscure?
It depends on the person, I think. If you take a glance at the feedback for R & F of the Soviet Union, some people way say it's very difficult, some will say it wasn't that bad at all. If you had no problem with conquering the Civil War exam, I'd say you should be able to handle of the Soviet Union. Pleasant Studies!

R.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I've done both, and in my opinion Instacert will pass you with a higher score for the Civil War exam. I did both using instacert almost exclusively and scored 12 points higher on the civil war exam.
I have read about the Civil War for years, so I thought it was easier. The flash cards helped, as well as MissCLEP's Word document study guide. I had just finished a Western Civ II course, and the Russian Revolution was still fresh in my memory, but that was it. The Russian study cards were easy to study, but there was more information on the Russia test that wasn't in the cards than that in the Civil War cards. I scored a 49 on the Russia test and a 60 on the Civil War test. I'd say run with the Civil War test. Good luck.
Congrats on the two passes Myhoney!

I'd also agree that the Civil War is much easier than the USSR DSST. I think it just depends on whether you enjoy reading history. If you do, then studying is actually a pleasure.

For me, it was the Russian names that made it hard to memorize and keep them straight. I ran into the same problem when studying for the Vietnam DSST. IC will give you a pass for both if you use the Flashcards and Specific Feedback threads, but if I had to choose between the two then it's Civil War all the way.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,764 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free College Credits Through the Civil Air Patrol!!! sanantone 9 5,563 08-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  2 WEEKS left before DSST Civil War and Reconstruction Exam!! Raiders20 6 1,810 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: musictester
  Anyone have experience taking the DSST for the Civil War/Reconstruction? Tips? Raiders20 4 1,122 05-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Raiders20
  Civil War DSST - Is this exam now Pass/Fail? SuZQ2 5 1,332 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  DSST Money and Banking or Civil War and Reconstrucion KALKATS 7 1,314 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Last Post: KALKATS
  Civil War and Reconstruction dalton10t 7 1,273 01-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Westerner
  DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction - Help deangcfr 29 4,604 08-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  Question on Civil War and Reconstruction - Taking Tomorrow Zakar 4 898 03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Last Post: corpsole2
  Civil War and Reconstruction mchamp 2 1,008 10-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Last Post: jonbig04