Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help choosing degree plan
I agree that a BLS with a double minor (or even a single one) that you can complete in 1-2 terms is your best bet both in speed and cost - and then you can get that MS in Marketing with some sort of specialization. That would probably make you the happiest - doing the master's in your field, where you can bring a lot to the table in terms of experience, and get a lot out of each individual course.

I would not get the BAS (why bother), nor the MAOL (again, not what you're looking for). Get that specialized marketing master's than will get you jazzed about school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia
If you know you're goal is a master degree then the BLS is a great check the box bachelor to get you to the next step (vs the BABA) - especially if you're leaning towards a MBA as a master option. 

I just had a family member graduate with the HAU MBA this year and it has rewarded them quite nicely already. They opted for the one course per term (2 terms in a semester) due to their work schedule. Like you they are in their 30s, they have a solid professional career and now this MBA is the icing on the cake they needed (their bachelor was not business related, nor related to the field they work in). Their ROI has been great already. It is truly a bargain for a RA MBA. Here is one of the main threads on it - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersity-HAU
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Keep in mind that some MBAs (and other graduate programs) will want you to have completed certain prerequisite courses in undergrad. Even if you do opt for a BLS, you'll want to make sure you've got your prerequisite courses covered. Otherwise, the BLS won't be a shortcut at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • allvia, davewill
(08-15-2023, 07:26 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I agree that a BLS with a double minor (or even a single one) that you can complete in 1-2 terms is your best bet both in speed and cost - and then you can get that MS in Marketing with some sort of specialization.  That would probably make you the happiest - doing the master's in your field, where you can bring a lot to the table in terms of experience, and get a lot out of each individual course.

I would not get the BAS (why bother), nor the MAOL (again, not what you're looking for).  Get that specialized marketing master's than will get you jazzed about school.

I think this is probably what I'm going to do. I really want my MS to be something Marketing focused.

(08-15-2023, 07:43 AM)allvia Wrote: If you know you're goal is a master degree then the BLS is a great check the box bachelor to get you to the next step (vs the BABA) - especially if you're leaning towards a MBA as a master option. 

I just had a family member graduate with the HAU MBA this year and it has rewarded them quite nicely already. They opted for the one course per term (2 terms in a semester) due to their work schedule. Like you they are in their 30s, they have a solid professional career and now this MBA is the icing on the cake they needed (their bachelor was not business related, nor related to the field they work in). Their ROI has been great already. It is truly a bargain for a RA MBA. Here is one of the main threads on it - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersity-HAU

I'm definitely going to look into HAU. It looks promising. Yeah, I think I care more about my graduate degree in terms of the weight it carries. I feel pretty okay with just getting a check the box degree with a minor two tbh..

(08-15-2023, 08:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Keep in mind that some MBAs (and other graduate programs) will want you to have completed certain prerequisite courses in undergrad. Even if you do opt for a BLS, you'll want to make sure you've got your prerequisite courses covered. Otherwise, the BLS won't be a shortcut at all.

I see you took classes at ASU. Have you enjoyed it so far? I am considering ASU as well.
Current
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (Gies School of Business) - MS Management

Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Summa Cum Laude, Minors: Management & Political Science
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Graphic Design
Udacity Nanodegree - Digital Marketing
Google Career Certification - Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, UX Design
I took ASU UL courses: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ar...al_Learner I liked them, but I don't know how much they actually resemble courses taken as an actual ASU student.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 19 1,333 09-12-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  Seeking Academic Writing Resources for UMPI BAS Degree garveymoshe 2 166 09-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 4 702 08-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 378 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 16 1,667 08-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Choosing UMPI vs Study.com Ljanelle 8 565 07-28-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 479 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean
  Help - UMPI Degree Plan Tequila 4 519 07-16-2024, 01:19 AM
Information UMPI BAS MIS Degree Program Jin Wang 10 840 07-05-2024, 09:41 AM
  UMPI Degree Completion Help SantaMaria 18 2,532 06-27-2024, 08:46 PM