Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Degree Completion Help
Oh, you missed the addendum, in any case, I'm somewhat torn on what to advise, I am in between the BABA PM & IS and the BLS with Management & MIS double minor, or if you prefer, the BLS with double MIS & PM minor. Essentially, the BABA PM & IS or BLS double minor may take more of your credits or it should be very close for either degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-16-2023, 05:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, you missed the addendum, in any case, I'm somewhat torn on what to advise, I am in between the BABA PM & IS and the BLS with Management & MIS double minor, or if you prefer, the BLS with double MIS & PM minor.  Essentially, the BABA PM & IS or BLS double minor may take more of your credits or it should be very close for either degree.

I sure did miss this sorry....

Budget: Whatever....I will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during my off days as long as my schedule is free. I can also study a bit at work during down time.  I can commit to 10 hrs a week, possibly more.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal so I cane move to a masters.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No assistance
Apply to UMPI and have them create a triple academic evaluation for the BABA M&L, the BABA PM & IS, and BLS MIS/PM double minor. You want to see how far those credits have gone, I think you may have up to 90 already covered with those previous credits, if you are closer 90 credits in one of those or your interest is greater in one of those three, then take it. Make sure to transfer the max of 90 credits and complete the 30 residency credits at UMPI. From your time frame of just 10 hours, it's going to be hard work to finish in two sessions, but may be possible if you 'fully dedicate your time', I am thinking 5 courses a session, two sessions for 10 courses...

(07-29-2023, 10:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: This is on the ALEKS website:

https://mhedu.force.com/aleks/s/article/...m-Platform

I'd contact them again and send them this link.  And let them know that they can't say they have ACE-approved courses if they won't put it on a Credly transcript!

We are currently having this issue with ALEKS. Has anyone had luck getting them to get the courses put on the Credly transcript? These Aleks ACE credits are useless if they can't be added to the Credly transcript.
(08-16-2023, 05:54 PM)SantaMaria Wrote: Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal so I cane move to a masters.

What sort of master degree are you interested in pursuing? The answer to that question could (greatly) impact which bachelor option is best for you.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-14-2024, 01:43 PM)FloridaCLEPMom Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 10:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: This is on the ALEKS website:

https://mhedu.force.com/aleks/s/article/...m-Platform

I'd contact them again and send them this link.  And let them know that they can't say they have ACE-approved courses if they won't put it on a Credly transcript!

We are currently having this issue with ALEKS. Has anyone had luck getting them to get the courses put on the Credly transcript? These Aleks ACE credits are useless if they can't be added to the Credly transcript.

It's great you're asking these questions and quoting the previous users... dfrecore has been logging in, but having been posting much lately. Having said that, this thread's over 6 months old and the Original Poster hasn't logged in for about the same amount of time. You've asked about this a couple of times in other threads, it's best to get in contact with ALEKS and Acclaim/Credly to get the ball rolling, that's all we can advise as we don't have access to their system or support.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread of mine, but I decided against umpi. They were not helpful nor prompt in answering questions about enrollment or my degree plan. It looks like WGU will win out. I'm going for Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Management. I have not taken any more classes since my last post, but I wanted to take some more study com classes before I start at WGU in September, most likely. Can I get some help or direction with what classes I should take at study. Com or any other wise advice or other/better options I may not be aware of. Thanks so much, you all are so helpful ?
(06-27-2024, 05:52 PM)SantaMaria Wrote: Sorry for resurrecting an old thread of mine, but I decided against umpi.  They were not helpful nor prompt in answering questions about enrollment or my degree plan.  It looks like WGU will win out.  I'm going for Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Management.  I have not taken any more classes since my last post, but I wanted to take some more study com classes before I start at WGU in September, most likely.  Can I get some help or direction with what classes I should take at study. Com or any other wise advice or other/better options I may not be aware of.  Thanks so much, you all are so helpful ?

Start a new thread. You'll get far more views and info about WGU that way.

Most colleges aren't going to help you with a degree plan until you're a student. They want your $$$$ so they're not going to help you with Sophia or Study.
UMPI in my opinion is/was a much better experience than WGU... After confirming my enrollment, my assigned academic advisor and also the success coach was really responsive to my request to change my classes around for the Summer Session 2. Wait until you get further with WGU, I haven't seen anyone fail or quit from UMPI, but have seen a few go from WGU to UMPI. Let's see...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 10 834 5 hours ago
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 3,893 Today, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  European studying umpi your pace . MuneebAzhar 70 4,351 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kakasahib
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 4 663 08-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 32 9,330 08-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 0 315 08-21-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 323 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Language requirements at UMPI yc1981 9 919 08-16-2024, 11:08 PM
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 661 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 679 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM