Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Financial Aid experience
Hi all, 

I am wondering if anyone here who has attended UMPI apply for Financial Aid and/or submit a FAFSA? I know that most people have likely finished in 2 semesters ($1400 X2) and I think the goal of a lot of people on the board is to keep costs low and pay with cash and no loans. If somebody did apply submitting a FAFSA, how does it work with an 8 week semester on a CBE model? Just curious what other experiences are?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
UMPI charges tuition by the semester (sessions 1 and 2), which would be $2800. I filled out the FAFSA form a few months ago and I qualified for a full Pell Grant and a $200 Federal Supplemental Grant. I was also offered loans, but I turned those down. Yesterday, UMPI sent me a letter showing that I have $3548 in financial aid this term, which gives me a negative balance of $748. If you're fortunate enough to get a full Pell grant UMPI will be $0 out of pocket.
You fill out the FAFSA forms. UMPI's financial aid office handles the rest. Tuition is NOT charged by the semester. You are only charged for both sessions if you are registered for courses for both sessions. If you aren't registered for both sessions then you need to be registered for 4 courses in your session to be considered full time so that you're eligible for the most financial aid.

It's not an 8 week semester. It's an 8 week session. There are 2 sessions per semester.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Infinite-Telephone52
This is routine for Jessica, and a simple email asking to load four classes for aid can be handled during the day. Ask Jessica to load four courses for the next session once you start your first session. Otherwise, Laurie from the Financial Department will send you an email requesting that you need four classes loaded to be qualified for financial aid. Save her from having to email you.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(08-20-2022, 11:42 PM)amrly813 Wrote: UMPI charges tuition by the semester (sessions 1 and 2), which would be $2800. I filled out the FAFSA form a few months ago and I qualified for a full Pell Grant and a $200 Federal Supplemental Grant. I was also offered loans, but I turned those down. Yesterday, UMPI sent me a letter showing that I have $3548 in financial aid this term, which gives me a negative balance of $748. If you're fortunate enough to get a full Pell grant UMPI will be $0 out of pocket.

THIS. If you get the max Pell grant available, you don't have to pay anything for UMPI. Essentially, that is if your older son can finish in 2 sessions. So, you want to make sure to maximize the transfer credits from Sophia.org and other ACE options along with the 30 or so RA credits he has...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 505 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 33 10,447 Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 203 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,603 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 312 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,798 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,023 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 11 1,931 10-11-2024, 12:43 PM
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,267 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 438 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40