Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Evaluation
(05-19-2021, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: American Government can be completed on InstantCert and transferred. I would take UMPI's Financial Management because you must complete a specific number of UL courses at UMPI. Ashkir has said Art History on Sophia will fill HUM103.
Do you not still need to take HUM103 at UMPI? In the GE curriculum, art history 1 does not fulfill learning objective 2D, only HUM103 does. Or am I missing something?
(05-20-2021, 12:52 PM)JannikT Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: American Government can be completed on InstantCert and transferred. I would take UMPI's Financial Management because you must complete a specific number of UL courses at UMPI. Ashkir has said Art History on Sophia will fill HUM103.
Do you not still need to take HUM103 at UMPI? In the GE curriculum, art history 1 does not fulfill learning objective 2D, only HUM103 does. Or am I missing something?

You can look for ashkir's posts. He's the one who posted that Art History for Sophia transfers for HUM103. Maybe he's mistaken? I didn't take HUM103 as I had studio art classes from a college.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • JannikT
(05-20-2021, 12:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 12:52 PM)JannikT Wrote:

You can look for ashkir's posts. He's the one who posted that Art History for Sophia transfers for HUM103. Maybe he's mistaken? I didn't take HUM103 as I had studio art classes from a college.

I sent a PM to Ashkir for clarification and he said that Sophia's Art History unfortunately did not cover area 2D (HUM103). He did say that the course was pretty easy, despite the 15 page paper (typically, 5-7 pages are required). Looks like I will have to take HUM 103, unless there is an ACE course I am missing that could cover it.
[-] The following 2 users Like BetaBen's post:
  • JannikT, Novo
I wouldn't say most courses have a 5-7 page paper. That wasn't my experience. Most are longer. Some are projects. 

You can also take a studio art course which you'd probably have to take at a local college. Or take HUM103 at UMPI. If you're interested in something like a photography or painting class, that is an option, but you'd have to take it outside of UMPI and transfer it in.
(05-20-2021, 02:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I wouldn't say most courses have a 5-7 page paper. That wasn't my experience. Most are longer. Some are projects. 

You can also take a studio art course which you'd probably have to take at a local college. Or take HUM103 at UMPI. If you're interested in something like a photography or painting class, that is an option, but you'd have to take it outside of UMPI and transfer it in.

Ok, good to know. Generally, how long were your papers?  

I will probably take HUM 103 at UMPI for cost effectiveness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
(05-20-2021, 02:44 PM)BetaBen Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 02:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I wouldn't say most courses have a 5-7 page paper. That wasn't my experience. Most are longer. Some are projects. 

Every class was very different. Some classes don't have a paper and have a project instead. I had projects that were 5 pages long and some that were over 30 pages long. Some have a Power Point presentation. Some are an exam. Even the exams are drastically different in the number of questions.
  • Tedium
(05-20-2021, 03:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Every class was very different. Some classes don't have a paper and have a project instead. I had projects that were 5 pages long and some that were over 30 pages long. Some have a Power Point presentation. Some are an exam. Even the exams are drastically different in the number of questions.

Interesting. Were any of the 30 page projects part of the Management minor? If so, I may want to see if I can cover a couple of those courses through study.com before I start.
  • Novo
(05-20-2021, 03:52 PM)BetaBen Wrote:

Interesting. Were any of the 30 page projects part of the Management minor? If so, I may want to see if I can cover a couple of those courses through study.com before I start.

I don't remember what class had what length of papers except for English Comp 2 and American Government. Professors also change and the Final Assessment can change in any term. There's a class I took in the Fall semester that has a different professor now and the Final Assessment has changed. There are few classes being reworked right now and things are changing. A 30 page project isn't as bad as it sounds. Keep in mind that a lot of charts and graphs take a whole page even if they don't fill it.
(05-20-2021, 03:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 03:52 PM)BetaBen Wrote:

I don't remember what class had what length of papers except for English Comp 2 and American Government. Professors also change and the Final Assessment can change in any term. There's a class I took in the Fall semester that has a different professor now and the Final Assessment has changed. There are few classes being reworked right now and things are changing. A 30 page project isn't as bad as it sounds. Keep in mind that a lot of charts and graphs take a whole page even if they don't fill it.
I was two classes away from graduating at TESU, but figured I could get through UMPI faster and for less cost. The sound of 30 pages gives me anxiety about my decision. That said, I can get through study.com courses in 7-10 days when there is a paper, but I have not needed to write more than 15 pages per course and don't have any experience with charts.
  • Novo
(05-20-2021, 04:19 PM)BetaBen Wrote: I was two classes away from graduating at TESU, but figured I could get through UMPI faster and for less cost. The sound of 30 pages gives me anxiety about my decision. That said, I can get through study.com courses in 7-10 days when there is a paper, but I have not needed to write more than 15 pages per course and don't have any experience with charts.

Don't stress! Everything you need for the papers is given to you. You follow the instructions and the rubric. You get to submit a rough draft and the professor responds with feedback. You make the changes needed - if there are any - and you then submit your final version. it's not bad at all. I didn't have any classes take me 10 days at UMPI. I finished several in 3 days or less including the Final Assessment.
  • BetaBen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 0 59 Yesterday, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Raza Shah
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 535 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 295 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 13 1,229 08-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Dr Tree Man
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 283 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,345 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Thumbs Up UMPI PM & IS Degree. Complete Newbie TooNee 10 894 08-25-2024, 12:17 AM
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 453 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Checking the box - TAMUC or UMPI westex93 6 559 07-22-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: txc1500
  UMPI YourPace BLS Educational Studies Minor ecomony 3 284 07-16-2024, 11:12 PM