Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Evaluation
Hi everyone,

I decided to go for UMPI rather than TESU. TESU’s violation of the ADA was definitely off-putting. And I really like the self-paced learning format at UMPI. Ashkir’s path through the program has been especially inspiring as well!

I received my evaluation today (see attached). Note some of my courses are not yet on the evaluation, including Spanish I (InstantCert). I have submitted notable equivalencies to Ashkir’s data collection form. You can view them here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Collection.

My plan is to get the requirements down to the necessary 30 credits before I start in July to minimize costs and reduce the time required for completion. 

What I am wondering now is, which courses should I try to cover while I wait to start at UMPI? I was going to take American Government outside of UMPI, but maybe it would be better to include it in the 10 courses I will have to do at UMPI and fulfill one of the more time-consuming business courses like Financial Management instead?  

Any suggestions for which courses I should try to fulfill outside of UMPI? I only have the business courses, American Government, and the HUM 103: Creative Decision-Making left to cover. I can fulfill a total of 3 more courses outside UMPI.

Attached Files
.docx   My Credits.docx (Size: 16.91 KB / Downloads: 60)
.png   Eval 3.PNG (Size: 28.12 KB / Downloads: 61)
.png   Eval 2.PNG (Size: 89 KB / Downloads: 46)
.png   Eval 1.PNG (Size: 99.93 KB / Downloads: 59)
.png   Eval 4.PNG (Size: 60.78 KB / Downloads: 44)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
American Government can be completed on InstantCert and transferred. I would take UMPI's Financial Management because you must complete a specific number of UL courses at UMPI. Ashkir has said Art History on Sophia will fill HUM103.
What about Spanish at InstantCert?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-19-2021, 11:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: What about Spanish at InstantCert?

The OP said Spanish hasn't been evaluated yet.
Oh, I totally missed that somehow. Ooops!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-19-2021, 11:09 AM)BetaBen Wrote: Hi everyone,

I decided to go for UMPI rather than TESU. TESU’s violation of the ADA was definitely off-putting. And I really like the self-paced learning format at UMPI. Ashkir’s path through the program has been especially inspiring as well!

I received my evaluation today (see attached). Note some of my courses are not yet on the evaluation, including Spanish I (InstantCert). I have submitted notable equivalencies to Ashkir’s data collection form. You can view them here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Collection.

My plan is to get the requirements down to the necessary 30 credits before I start in July to minimize costs and reduce the time required for completion. 

What I am wondering now is, which courses should I try to cover while I wait to start at UMPI? I was going to take American Government outside of UMPI, but maybe it would be better to include it in the 10 courses I will have to do at UMPI and fulfill one of the more time-consuming business courses like Financial Management instead?  

Any suggestions for which courses I should try to fulfill outside of UMPI? I only have the business courses, American Government, and the HUM 103: Creative Decision-Making left to cover. I can fulfill a total of 3 more courses outside UMPI.

You could check and see if Instantcert's Business Ethics will work for UMPI (if someone hasn't checked already)

I thought I remember someone saying LL study.com human resources will come in as UL and work for UMPI and that that course was a long one at UMPI.

If you can find courses at Study.com that don't require writing papers, then they may be quicker than doing them at UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • BetaBen
Be careful taking too many in major and UL courses outside of UMPI. You have to complete a specific number of credits in your major at UMPI including UL courses. You also have to complete a certain number of UL courses at UMPI. It varies for each degree plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • BetaBen
(05-19-2021, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: American Government can be completed on InstantCert and transferred. I would take UMPI's Financial Management because you must complete a specific number of UL courses at UMPI. Ashkir has said Art History on Sophia will fill HUM103.

I was told that, for the BABA in Management & Leadership, 12 credits are need to be completed at UMPI in the major and 9 credits are required at the upper level. I have 13 courses left at the moment and 8 of those (24 credits) are upper levels. So, I figured I might as well try to cover some of the upper levels before I start. I know that Ashkir mentioned that Financial management was very long, so it is one I am trying to cover.

I hope Art History covers HUM 103. Though, based on Ashkir's form, it looks like it covers GLO2:LOE, but not GLO2:LOD (the HUM 103 area).

(05-19-2021, 11:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Oh, I totally missed that somehow. Ooops!
No worries! Smile

(05-19-2021, 11:50 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 11:09 AM)BetaBen Wrote: Hi everyone,

You could check and see if Instantcert's Business Ethics will work for UMPI (if someone hasn't checked already)

I thought I remember someone saying LL study.com human resources will come in as UL and work for UMPI and that that course was a long one at UMPI.

If you can find courses at Study.com that don't require writing papers, then they may be quicker than doing them at UMPI.
Instantcert's Business Ethics could be a good option. You are right about Human Resources. I got confirmation that study.com's Business 106: Human Resource Management covers UMPI's BUS 312: Human Resource Management.
  • Novo
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

The plan ashkir posted there has SDC's Business 307 covering BUS 335 at UMPI, the assignments on SDC are a bit much though (a 2,000 word & 2,500-3,000 word paper, so UMPI would probably be just as easy/easier).
(05-19-2021, 12:35 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

The plan ashkir posted there has SDC's Business 307 covering BUS 335 at UMPI, the assignments on SDC are a bit much though (a 2,000 word & 2,500-3,000 word paper, so UMPI would probably be just as easy/easier).

Yeah, that is what I was thinking as well.
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 0 59 Yesterday, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Raza Shah
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 532 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 294 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 13 1,229 08-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Dr Tree Man
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 282 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,344 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Thumbs Up UMPI PM & IS Degree. Complete Newbie TooNee 10 894 08-25-2024, 12:17 AM
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 453 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Checking the box - TAMUC or UMPI westex93 6 559 07-22-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: txc1500
  UMPI YourPace BLS Educational Studies Minor ecomony 3 284 07-16-2024, 11:12 PM