Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
(06-04-2024, 07:19 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:59 PM)ishady Wrote: Perhaps that's the reason you can't enter Student Center, I just knew that you haven't enrolled, my bad. I could help you with instructor's name, as long as you are in BABA I could look it up for you. What classes you want to know?

I can enter Student Center but don't have the icon you have. It is very kind of you to offer to look up the professors. During Summer 2 I intend to complete Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and possibly PCJ 215. I hope there are at least two classes for each course taught by different professors but I really don't know.

Thanks for your help Ishady. You are very kind.

Don't worry about who the professors are. You won't get a choice. You get who you get.
(06-07-2024, 12:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 07:19 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:59 PM)ishady Wrote: Perhaps that's the reason you can't enter Student Center, I just knew that you haven't enrolled, my bad. I could help you with instructor's name, as long as you are in BABA I could look it up for you. What classes you want to know?

I can enter Student Center but don't have the icon you have. It is very kind of you to offer to look up the professors. During Summer 2 I intend to complete Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and possibly PCJ 215. I hope there are at least two classes for each course taught by different professors but I really don't know.

Thanks for your help Ishady. You are very kind.

Don't worry about who the professors are. You won't get a choice. You get who you get.

That's terrible advice. It violates the entire premise of this thread reviewing the experience students have had with various UMPI professors in different courses. The quality of the professor can affect how successfully you learn the material as well as your final grade. If nothing else, a UMPI student can withdraw from a course and take it in a latter semester, hopefully with a better professor.
(06-07-2024, 04:38 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: That's terrible advice. It violates the entire premise of this thread reviewing the experience students have had with various UMPI professors in different courses. The quality of the professor can affect how successfully you learn the material as well as your final grade. If nothing else, a UMPI student can withdraw from a course and take it in a latter semester, hopefully with a better professor.

You don't get a choice in who your professor is. It's not something to get hung up on. Everyone has the exact same course content. The FA's also appear to be the same. You learn the material on your own. The professor has nothing to do with that. You'll find that many courses only have 1 professor. I'm a 2 time alumna so I know well how this works. I've had several of the current professors and some that are no longer with the YourPace program. It's really a waste of time and energy to stress over which professor you end up with.
I would like to know how many courses I can complete at UMPI in one term. I am considering enrolling to earn some accounting credits and plan to complete 6 accounting courses. Is it possible to complete them in one term? Additionally, how many papers or assignments are required for each course? How many pages do you need write for each paper?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Name: BUS200 Intermediate Business Computing
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Summer I 2024
Instructor: Bell
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Type of Final Assessment: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy course if you have any experience with the Microsoft suite

Name: BUS220 Managerial Accounting
Instructor: Emery
Long or Short?: Medium to long
Type of Milestone Activities: Small essays and excel sheets
Type of Final Assessment: Excel Sheet and question/answer word doc
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Could be medium or long there is a long of information in this course.

Name: BUS240 Change Management
Instructor: Michaud
Type of Milestone Activities: Short Essays
Type of Final Assessment: Essay
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Pretty easy and straight forward class, interesting material

Name: BUS244 Management Information Systems
Instructor: Siddiqui
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Pretty easy course, Professor Siddiqui is incredibly approachable, but he does take a little while to grade. He answers emails fairly quickly and is an easy grader.

Name: BUS325 Financial Management
Instructor: Reyes-Fournier
Long or Short?: LONG
Number of Milestone Activities: 7
Type of Milestone Activities: Excel, Voiceover PowerPoint, Essay
Type of Final Assessment: Voiceover PowerPoint
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Oof this is a long one. There is a lot of material and a lot of work to do. Be prepared for the long haul and to be proud when you’re finished.

Name: BUS343 Project Risk and Cost Management
Instructor: Trudel
Long or Short?: Short/Medium
Number of Milestone Activities: 4
Type of Milestone Activities: Voiceover PowerPoint, Essay
Type of Final Assessment: Voiceover PowerPoint / Essay
Notes & Overall Thoughts: I feel like Trudel gets a tough rep among this circle. I found that if you submit quality work and really try to answer what he’s asking then you’ll be fine. I have several years of experience in PM roles so this was all very natural to me, but the concepts aren’t difficult.

Name: BUS401 Advanced Project Management Applications II
Instructor: Dorsey
Number of Milestone Activities: 1 (plus a short knowledge check)
Type of Milestone Activities: Short essay
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Very minimal interaction with the professor on this one. I finished everything for this class in a day. She did take almost a week to grade my draft, so be aware of that.

Name: BUS415 Operations Management
Long or Short?: Short to Medium
Type of Milestone Activities: Essays
Type of Final Assessment: Essay (LONG)
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Again Trudel gets a tough rep, submit quality work and you’ll be okay. Put thought and care into his classes with quality sources. He grades fairly but wants you to earn it and gain something from his courses. Most important tip I can give is to be thorough and go deeper in your work than you think you need to.

Name: BUS440 Business Analytics
Instructor: Winslow
Type of Milestone Activities: Essay
Notes & Overall Thoughts: This was one of my favorite classes. I had a really great experience with Professor Winslow. His feedback was always fun and insightful. It feels like he genuinely loves his position and his course. I’ve seen mixed reviews on him before, but my experience was really top notch.

Name: BUS469 Strategic Professional Communication
Instructor: Lynds
Type of Milestone Activities: Short response (2-3 sentences on Brightspace)
Type of Final Assessment: Live Presentation and Essay
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The milestones are short responses within Brightspace itself and she graded them almost instantly in most cases. The final is definitely longer but could be done quickly. All in all, this was a great class and another one of my favorites.
[-] The following 4 users Like kyledudedog's post:
  • gamebradie, Pikachu, somoforlife, SophiaPrincess
(06-25-2024, 01:11 PM)kyledudedog Wrote: Name: BUS200 Intermediate Business Computing
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy course if you have any experience with the Microsoft suite

Notes & Overall Thoughts: Could be medium or long there is a long of information in this course.

Notes & Overall Thoughts:  Pretty easy and straight forward class, interesting material

Type of Milestone Activities:  Short Essays
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Pretty easy course, Professor Siddiqui is incredibly approachable, but he does take a little while to grade. He answers emails fairly quickly and is an easy grader.

Long or Short?:  LONG
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Oof this is a long one. There is a lot of material and a lot of work to do. Be prepared for the long haul and to be proud when you’re finished.

Long or Short?:  Short/Medium
Notes & Overall Thoughts: I feel like Trudel gets a tough rep among this circle. I found that if you submit quality work and really try to answer what he’s asking then you’ll be fine. I have several years of experience in PM roles so this was all very natural to me, but the concepts aren’t difficult.

Notes & Overall Thoughts: Very minimal interaction with the professor on this one. I finished everything for this class in a day. She did take almost a week to grade my draft, so be aware of that.

Long or Short?:  Short to Medium
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Again Trudel gets a tough rep, submit quality work and you’ll be okay. Put thought and care into his classes with quality sources. He grades fairly but wants you to earn it and gain something from his courses. Most important tip I can give is to be thorough and go deeper in your work than you think you need to.

Notes & Overall Thoughts: This was one of my favorite classes. I had a really great experience with Professor Winslow. His feedback was always fun and insightful. It feels like he genuinely loves his position and his course. I’ve seen mixed reviews on him before, but my experience was really top notch.

Notes & Overall Thoughts: The milestones are short responses within Brightspace itself and she graded them almost instantly in most cases. The final is definitely longer but could be done quickly. All in all, this was a great class and another one of my favorites.

Congratulations on finishing 10 courses in one session. The course reviews are appreciated. I am about to start Summer ll but doubt I will complete ten courses in one session.
(06-25-2024, 01:19 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(06-25-2024, 01:11 PM)kyledudedog Wrote: Name: BUS200 Intermediate Business Computing

Notes & Overall Thoughts:  Pretty easy and straight forward class, interesting material

Type of Milestone Activities:  Short Essays

Long or Short?:  LONG

Long or Short?:  Short/Medium

Long or Short?:  Short to Medium

Congratulations on finishing 10 courses in one session. The course reviews are appreciated. I am about to start Summer ll but doubt I will complete ten courses in one session.

Thank you! it was definitely hard, but because of my financial situation if I didn't finish in one session I don't know when I would have been able to complete the degree. That was the ultimate motivation to get things done quickly.

(06-07-2024, 06:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 04:38 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: That's terrible advice. It violates the entire premise of this thread reviewing the experience students have had with various UMPI professors in different courses. The quality of the professor can affect how successfully you learn the material as well as your final grade. If nothing else, a UMPI student can withdraw from a course and take it in a latter semester, hopefully with a better professor.

You don't get a choice in who your professor is. It's not something to get hung up on. Everyone has the exact same course content. The FA's also appear to be the same. You learn the material on your own. The professor has nothing to do with that. You'll find that many courses only have 1 professor. I'm a 2 time alumna so I know well how this works. I've had several of the current professors and some that are no longer with the YourPace program. It's really a waste of time and energy to stress over which professor you end up with.

This isn't entirely true. If there are multiple professors teaching a course for a session you are assigned to whichever has an open seat. But, if you ask when emailing to add who has seats available you can pick. I did this for 2 classes this session.
[-] The following 2 users Like kyledudedog's post:
  • Pikachu, SophiaPrincess
@Kyle - I am about to try to do the same thing. Except, I will probably need a few more than ten classes. I also hope to complete it in one session. Have you done Sophia classes, and if so, how would you say the UMPI classes generally compare?

For example, if you can do 2 Sophia classes per day, can you probably do 1 UMPI class per 2 days? Or is there any other approximate relationship like that you could guess.

Or another way to put it would be, how many could someone complete per week, if they do not have a full-time job and are mainly focused on completing classes quickly, and if they want to get As on most classes?

The classes I need are:
BUS 200, BUS 220, BUS 244, BUS 325, BUS 440, BUS 460, BUS 469, MAT 140, BUS 321, BUS 335, BUS 415

And I am going to try to do these on Study.com but if I can't in time (session begins Monday), I also need these at UMPI: BUS 260, BUS 330

Thanks!
(06-25-2024, 01:49 PM)Kjnova Wrote: @Kyle - I am about to try to do the same thing. Except, I will probably need a few more than ten classes. I also hope to complete it in one session. Have you done Sophia classes, and if so, how would you say the UMPI classes generally compare?

For example, if you can do 2 Sophia classes per day, can you probably do 1 UMPI class per 2 days? Or is there any other approximate relationship like that you could guess.

Or another way to put it would be, how many could someone complete per week, if they do not have a full-time job and are mainly focused on completing classes quickly, and if they want to get As on most classes?

The classes I need are:
BUS 200, BUS 220, BUS 244, BUS 325, BUS 440, BUS 460, BUS 469, MAT 140, BUS 321, BUS 335, BUS 415

And I am going to try to do these on Study.com but if I can't, I also need these at UMPI: BUS 260, BUS 330
Thanks!

First thing I can see is that MAT140 class can be substituted with MAT131 which Sophia Calculus transfers into UMPI is. UMPI classes are definitely more involved. I averaged about 4.8 days per course to finish my degree. I committed a lot of time and am graduating with a 3.97 GPA working full time with a 6 month old baby when I started, so it can definitely be done. The main thing is to get that number of courses to 10. First thing I can see is that MAT140 class can be substituted with MAT131 which Sophia Calculus transfers into UMPI as, BUS440 can be subbed from a coursera certificate. I didn't need 460, 321, 335, 330 or 260 for my degree so I can't speak to those but I'm sure there's info on the boards about them. I know 415 can be done at study also. so of the 13 you know at least 5 can be transferred in alternatively. You got this!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kyledudedog's post:
  • Pikachu
Hmm, everyone's trying to ask similar questions to what Imbanewbie in post #114 did... It's really subjective due to each person having different commitments and various variables. Essentially it all depends on the energy, time you place into the classes, in addition to the good time management and have less to no commitments at all. In conclusion, it is possible to complete 1 class in a few days and all 10 in the 8 week timeframe, I wouldn't rush in completing the requirements, but to follow through with rubric instructions.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,643 8 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 5 195 Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 24 1,317 10-14-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Samhain408
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,194 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Any BUS class to add before the term ends? seven9781 7 272 10-09-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 453 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 404 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,257 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,200 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 299 09-27-2024, 09:24 AM