Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI CBE Bachelor program.
hello everyone hope y'all are well. 

I've completed my O&A levels followed by a diploma in business. Now, I'm considering pursuing a bachelor's degree, and I'm interested in the UMPI CBE program. My main concern is whether a degree from UMPI CBE would be recognized for admission to master's programs in Europe or the US and if it could help me secure scholarships. Affording my master's education without scholarships might be difficult for me.
This question has been asked many times before.
In short, UMPI is a good university and probably will be recognized without a problem, but each person and what you transfer into the school will be part of it. The school is good, recognized and has all the usual needs. Nobody can tell you how the future will evolve and which answers you will get, Please recognize that you give no info about yourself nearly and just expose your wishes. Gaining level to a masters is more than just having a degree from X or Y. Also each university you want to attend can have different rules and regulations...Not to mention each country. I kindly invite you to read other post and gain some knowledge about the thematic you appear to be interested in.
UMPI is a state university with RA accreditation. I've attended 3 grad schools since I graduated from UMPI. I had no problem being accepted. Acceptance into grad schools is really about your grades far more than the college you went to for undergrad. No one can say any degree can help someone secure scholarships.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • DavidGood
Sum007@, Welcome to the board, good to have an intro post to start the process, you're asking good questions, and you'll get various answers. Having said that, your questions are very similar to asking yourself - How are your O&A levels followed by a diploma in business be looked at in the US/UK, Europe, and how would you get scholarship? Yes, how would you answer that? My advice is to take the time to do a search, read through some posts, threads, WIKI. You're not providing any more details that is asked for in the addendum and template here, without it, it'll be harder for people to try and help you: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(05-13-2024, 03:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sum007@, Welcome to the board, good to have an intro post to start the process, you're asking good questions, and you'll get various answers. Having said that, your questions are very similar to asking yourself - How are your O&A levels followed by a diploma in business be looked at in the US/UK, Europe, and how would you get scholarship? Yes, how would you answer that?  My advice is to take the time to do a search, read through some posts, threads, WIKI. You're not providing any more details that is asked for in the addendum and template here, without it, it'll be harder for people to try and help you: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

hello and first of all thanks for being kind to me, my O&A level were pretty average just like my diploma , don't ask why and yes ill read some post and threat for more information . i wanted to ask does your degree does show the competency based education mark on it , i mean how different does it look like than traditional degree

(05-13-2024, 08:33 AM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI is a state university with RA accreditation. I've attended 3 grad schools since I graduated from UMPI. I had no problem being accepted. Acceptance into grad schools is really about your grades far more than the college you went to for undergrad. No one can say any degree can help someone secure scholarships.

hmm makes sense , does the GRE and GMAT helps in anyway to secure any scholarship?. secondly did any interviewer asked you why did go for competency based education that traditional degree and if any how did you justify your answer?
(05-13-2024, 03:55 PM)Sum007@ Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 08:33 AM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI is a state university with RA accreditation. I've attended 3 grad schools since I graduated from UMPI. I had no problem being accepted. Acceptance into grad schools is really about your grades far more than the college you went to for undergrad. No one can say any degree can help someone secure scholarships.

hmm makes sense , does the GRE and GMAT helps in anyway to secure any scholarship?. secondly did any interviewer asked you why did go for competency based education that traditional degree and if any how did you justify your answer?

I didn't take the GRE or GMAT exams. I purposely searched for grad schools that didn't require them. There's few scholarships for master's students. The one's I've seen require you to be a TA or research assistant. 

No one knows I completed a CBE program. Nothing from UMPI says anything about CBE on your diploma or your transcripts.
(05-13-2024, 03:55 PM)Sum007@ Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 03:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sum007@, Welcome to the board, good to have an intro post to start the process, you're asking good questions, and you'll get various answers. Having said that, your questions are very similar to asking yourself - How are your O&A levels followed by a diploma in business be looked at in the US/UK, Europe, and how would you get scholarship? Yes, how would you answer that?  My advice is to take the time to do a search, read through some posts, threads, WIKI. You're not providing any more details that is asked for in the addendum and template here, without it, it'll be harder for people to try and help you: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

hello and first of all thanks for being kind to me, my O&A level were pretty average just like my diploma , don't ask why and yes ill read some post and threat for more information . i wanted to ask does your degree does show the competency based education mark on it , i mean how different does it look like than traditional degree

You arent going to get a scholarship for grad school, come to terms with that.

UNLESS you are doing research
It's best to provide more details as I mentioned earlier so we know your situation and can help you with that Bachelors as your initial step, then we can help you with your scholarships if you're eligible for anything afterwards. Without knowing your current scenario, it's going to be hard for anyone to advise anything...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
hello everyone , I'm kind a newbie , would appreciated any source of enlightenment about the UMPI your pace degree program, also i would appreciate if anyone can answer these for me,
is UMPI degree considered equivalent to 4 year degree program?
how long does it take to complete the degree without credits from sophia or any other alternative platform, 
or say will i be able to complete the program in three months without transfer credits from sophia?
A little INTRO
I'M FROM pakistan 23 years full time students , i have done O&A levels and quite interested in UMPI your pace program and i dont know if it worth going for umpi considering the fact if you are from a country like Pakistan, as i have approach some people they all are asking for a sample transcript for better evaluation , would really appreciate any genuine advice and suggestions. Heart Heart Blush
UMPI is an RA state university. The degrees are bachelor's degrees so the equivalent to a 4 year degree.

You will not be able to complete 120 credits at UMPI in 3 months. You will need to transfer in the 90 credits in order to be able to complete the remaining courses in 3 months. Keep in mind that a term is 8 weeks long so it's 2 months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 10 813 2 hours ago
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 3,879 Today, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  European studying umpi your pace . MuneebAzhar 70 4,349 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kakasahib
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 32 9,326 08-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 0 314 08-21-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 321 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Language requirements at UMPI yc1981 9 918 08-16-2024, 11:08 PM
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 658 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 678 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  ENEB to UMPI MAOL? ecdw94 6 534 08-16-2024, 11:24 AM