Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS MIS minor question
Hi I'm new here, is there any way to make the above degree a major in MIS? Could I just use my electives to take as many computer science and business classes? Also will employers not respect the degree due to the BLS designation?T hanks for your help
No, you cannot make the BLS a major in MIS. The closest you can get to that is the BABA Project Management. On the degree/transcript, it's actually a degree in Project Management & Management Information Systems.

As for whether or not employers will respect it, that depends. Is the employer simply looking for "any" degree? If so, BLS is fine. Is the employer looking for a STEM/technical degree? If so, the BLS may or may not be fine. Is the employer looking for a business-type degree? Again, if so, this may not be the degree for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-19-2023, 11:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: No, you cannot make the BLS a major in MIS. The closest you can get to that is the BABA Project Management. On the degree/transcript, it's actually a degree in Project Management & Management Information Systems.

As for whether or not employers will respect it, that depends. Is the employer simply looking for "any" degree? If so, BLS is fine. Is the employer looking for a STEM/technical degree? If so, the BLS may or may not be fine. Is the employer looking for a business-type degree? Again, if so, this may not be the degree for you.
Thanks so much, I didn't realize the transcript said MIS with the project management. I will probably end up going with that degree.

Does anybody know if there is a degree plan for the BABA project management?
(09-19-2023, 11:54 AM)Acsk8dc Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 11:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: No, you cannot make the BLS a major in MIS. The closest you can get to that is the BABA Project Management. On the degree/transcript, it's actually a degree in Project Management & Management Information Systems.

Thanks so much, I didn't realize the transcript said MIS with the project management. I will probably end up going with that degree.

Does anybody know if there is a degree plan for the BABA project management?

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@Acsk8dc, Welcome to the board, I suggest the UMPI BABA PM & IS if that's what you're looking for... you may want to fill in the template and addendum, this way you can provide more details on what you're looking for and have a bigger overview or picture for senior members or mods to assist you further: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 809 57 minutes ago
Last Post: thomasfrank
Question Transfer credit question Educated Wombat 0 16 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Educated Wombat
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,479 4 hours ago
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 639 Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 4 446 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Am I allowed to choose any minor(s) for the BLS? 875876 3 160 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 696 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 223 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 216 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,543 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood