Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Sophia's Project Management still come to UMPI as BUS 141?
Sorry if I am asking in an incorrect thread, but...

does Sophia's Project Management still come to UMPI as BUS 141?

It's showing in mainestreet database as if yes. But I am ready to give an oath that I saw somebody here on forum telling that Sophia's course does not cover BUS 141.

Maybe I got hallucinations... trying to finish all this stuff and finally get my degree... Smile
Sophia - 52 cr | SDC 9 cr | CompTIA Sec+ | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner | on way to UMPI BABA PM&IS

(07-04-2024, 02:22 AM)berlinerd Wrote: Sorry if I am asking in an incorrect thread, but...

does Sophia's Project Management still come to UMPI as BUS 141?

It's showing in mainestreet database as if yes. But I am ready to give an oath that I saw somebody here on forum telling that Sophia's course does not cover BUS 141.

Maybe I got hallucinations... trying to finish all this stuff and finally get my degree... Smile

It still transfers as BUS141.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • berlinerd
I would think of UMPI's database as a history of what a student's course transferred to UMPI as.  There is no guarantee that this will be the case in the future.

The degree plans can contain errors or be out of date so it's good to question them from time to time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@ss20ts, thank you so much for an answer!

I start questioning my mental health now rather as I definitely saw a discussion here, maybe 5-6 months ago, with somebody telling that Sophia course comes only as an elective and you have to take BUS 141 at UMPI... huh! Maybe I really got burnt out and start seeing things, LOL! Hoping to jump in Fall 2 train...
Sophia - 52 cr | SDC 9 cr | CompTIA Sec+ | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner | on way to UMPI BABA PM&IS

(07-04-2024, 11:39 AM)berlinerd Wrote: @ss20ts, thank you so much for an answer!

I start questioning my mental health now rather as I definitely saw a discussion here, maybe 5-6 months ago, with somebody telling that Sophia course comes only as an elective and you have to take BUS 141 at UMPI... huh! Maybe I really got burnt out and start seeing things, LOL! Hoping to jump in Fall 2 train...

Not sure where you saw that, but that's not the case. 

It transfers in as BUS141. Back when the UMPI YourPace courses were on Strut, it was recommended to take take BUS141 at UMPI because the UL PM courses tied to it and you used the same template for all 3 courses. That's no longer the case since they moved to Brightspace. The courses are now different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • berlinerd
(07-04-2024, 11:49 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 11:39 AM)berlinerd Wrote: @ss20ts, thank you so much for an answer!

Not sure where you saw that, but that's not the case. 

It transfers in as BUS141. Back when the UMPI YourPace courses were on Strut, it was recommended to take take BUS141 at UMPI because the UL PM courses tied to it and you used the same template for all 3 courses. That's no longer the case since they moved to Brightspace. The courses are now different.

Oh... maybe that's how I misinterpreted some thread. Thank you so much!!! Smile
Less one burden...

Most of the requirements stayed the same for the Your Pace programs, it's just the learning system has changed. There may have been a few classes that didn't transfer over to that new system and was the only modification to a degree program. Regulations or rules should have remained, such as max transfer, residency credits, etc.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I start in September and I can confirm that the Sophia PM course transferred in as BUS 141 for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like colonelcamp's post:
  • berlinerd, DavidGood, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 102 4 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 17 1,163 Yesterday, 03:22 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 23 1,625 09-25-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  UMPI Accounting Assistance NewbieLearner 9 354 09-24-2024, 08:51 PM
  Coursera Google PM Cert to UMPI dm.hans32 0 149 09-20-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 535 09-19-2024, 08:25 PM
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 586 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 904 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 93,209 09-18-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 755 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger