Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Accounting Assitance
(11 hours ago)NewbieLearner Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:08 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: This page has the degree plans for UMPI including the general education requirements - you can review the BA in Accounting and the BBA with the Accounting concentration to see which fits your plans better: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Since you have both microeconomics and macroeconomics, you will get credits for ECO 207 and elective credits for ECO 2XX for a total of 6 credits.
You still need a lab and a foreign language for your general education.

You can definitely bring down the number of classes required at UMPI using a combination of Sophia and some Study dot com. Just keep in mind that you need a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.

Thanks for the reply.  ok. so i think i understand now. the macro/micro are still worth 6 credits just done a little different than i was expecting. thank you!

i have been looking at the wiki pages for them and where I'm getting lost is on some of the tables that have blanks.  
I assume that means they should just be taken at UMPI directly

The lab part - is it best to do the 1 credit biology lab at sophia to finish that off?  

any thoughts at all on the credit for the exams and certifications part?   i ask because i know sometimes schools give credit for things like I.T. certs so i was thinking along that line

thank you again!

(Yesterday, 11:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome to the board, that's a great initial post to get the ball rolling, it's just missing a bit of info from the addendum and template.  How long did it take you to get those Sophia.org classes completed? You may want to provide more details asked for here, so we can gauge your budget, commitments, study habits, etc: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thanks for commenting.  The Sophia courses i did over a couple of months.  I dont mind basically spending an entire day just finishing off a course which is what i meant 
when i said Sophia just works for me.  i like the format and can get through them pretty quickly.    
From what I have read I would say that the Saylor stuff would be the exact opposite.

I am in New York and had at one point thought about Excelsior but unless I am completely not understanding, UMPI would be probably substantially less cost if I could finish off the 
30 credits from them in 1 or 2 sessions.  

The Excelsior only requiring 2 courses with them is nice but the Enrollment and graduation fees fees fees just seem to add up to plenty more than a couple of UMPI

hope that fills some info gaps and I appreciate the help

Hello. I finsihed the BA Accounting degree at UMPI and am now emrolled in the MAcc at WGU, so I can answer a few of the Accounting Specific questions. First off, you aren't getting any course credit for the Enrolled Agent or SEE IRS Exams, so just let that though go. You *could* try the PLA credit route for those but it's be at signifigant cost and pretty much a waste of your time. Also, I see that you are in New York. The New York Board of Accountancy is *extremely* specific on which courses and degrees (i.e.: AACSB, etc) they are willing to accept for licensure, so you need to figure out if your eventually want to become a NY CPA, and if so, how your alternative coursework from Sophia, SDC, will be accepted by them. The quick alternative route that I and most other UMOI Accounting students take may not be available to you, if this is the route you seek. Good Luck.

Messages In This Thread
UMPI Accounting Assitance - by NewbieLearner - Yesterday, 08:10 PM
RE: UMPI Accounting Assitance - by jg_nuy - Yesterday, 09:08 PM
RE: UMPI Accounting Assitance - by turbotortuga - 6 hours ago
RE: UMPI Accounting Assitance - by bjcheung77 - Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Comp. 1&2 at UMPI vs CLEP? Jwheels27 22 4,054 09-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Coursera Google PM Cert to UMPI dm.hans32 0 118 09-20-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 497 09-19-2024, 08:25 PM
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 556 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 886 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 92,412 09-18-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 906 09-17-2024, 09:28 PM
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 735 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 278 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 290 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares