Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree
(12-14-2023, 03:16 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: I do not have any other info on the Safety and Health program, but my wife started the BGS program during Fall 2 and it along with the Safety and Health seem to be set up the same way. 42 Hours of Gen Ed/ Core, 48 Professional Development Electives (6 hours must be UL courses), and 30 Hours Upper level course work, just like the BAAS ORGL program.

If your son seems to be interested in that route, I would go for it. You can make posts about the program at TAMUC while attending the classes so that any future students would know what the program is like.

I am just happy that I have found an opportunity to receive a Bachelor's degree. I never thought this would be possible for me, my wife felt the same way about her education also. Our youngest son is going the traditional college route and is a Junior in a Mechanical Engineering program in Texas, and we are talking to our oldest son about getting started with the Pierpont Associates degree that we learned about on this forum.

This forum has been a huge help for us, and I encourage anyone on the fence to pick a program that fits their needs and to get started.

I hope your son is able to make a decision and get enrolled in a program, Spring 1 at TAMUC starts on January 16th.

Thanks for the response.  I agree, this is an amazing opportunity.  My middle son will start at TAMU College Station next fall.  He will have earned his Associate degree from Houston Community College when he graduates high school this coming May.  He utilized Sophia, CLEP and dual credits.   Getting a degree without going into debt is our goal.  

We didn't think our oldest son would pursue a Bachelor degree until I told him he could use all this Sophia and CLEPs.  
If he decides to go the Safety and Health route I will definite report back about his experiences.

Thanks and have a great day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agsfisher's post:
  • ltw900rr
That's awesome, a great intro and update... Yes, the BAAS with different concentrations are practically the same except for the concentration itself (those 30 or so credits). Good luck, have fun, and do report back, we'd like to know the main differences between the concentrations besides the classes, maybe some feedback in regards to the professors, etc as well.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • agsfisher, ltw900rr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Kansas is looking to add Competency-Based Education RbxFunRocks 21 1,620 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  University of the People transfer/graduation issue tdat314 1 153 10-15-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which school do you think is the best for competency based program? voyager190 16 679 10-13-2024, 07:44 PM
  Liberty University--- Difficulty? midnite123 7 473 10-06-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,855 09-29-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  American Public University System Virtual Homecoming Charles Fout 0 138 09-27-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Winthrop University - Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S) CBE karehiro 3 447 09-24-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Options for Texas Government? TAMUC westex93 9 659 09-20-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: westex93
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 502 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 4 1,029 09-02-2024, 12:46 PM