Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU doesn't accept SOPHIA?
burbuja0512 Wrote:I 100% agree about the not rushing for my son.   I'm reading a TON about what to do for him.   The rushing for hubby is a bit more urgent though.  He's got SOOOOO much job experience and we feel that he's missed out on a few prime jobs just because he doesn't check the "has degree" box.    I think if we just get him enrolled we can go ahead and check the "has degree" box on the roboapplication but then list an anticipated graduation date on a resume, so that at least his resume will get past the AI HR screening tools.    Or maybe I'm wrong on that???    I just can't figure out why else his resume has been passed over other than perhaps being overqualified?   

So I guess I'm saying I am super-rushing the hubby education situation and taking my sweet time on my son's plan.   Well I am a type-A person who got my BS in 9 months and am now freaking out and pushing hubby to do the same.   (You can bet he's thrilled lol)    Maybe it's not the right approach, but I've been spending all day researching the site so I can become an expert again.   Luckily it is the weekend so I can't make any major moves other than having him start Sophia today....

I would create a spreadsheet for both hubby and son, then they can work together on classes that interest them or go 'solo' for whatever provider gets them there the fastest (example, Sophia.org/Study.com combo). The degree plan is most important, so they'll know what classes to take and then can clear/cross out the ones that are done, they'll know what else is remaining and have to be done at the institution to graduate from.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-07-2024, 07:10 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(07-07-2024, 01:14 AM)Duneranger Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 07:32 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 07:26 PM)Duneranger Wrote: Just do UMPI for your husband

if your son is early 20s, go to a traditional college

My son is a senior in high school and watching hubby do Sophia and thought he'd join him and get a bachelor's in math at TESU if at all possible.    We were thinking it would save a lot of money.   We've wasted a lot of money on the other kids and traditional college.   I've tried to convince the other kids to clep out like I did.  (back in the day when it was truly "clepping out" of college)    No one wanted to follow my path so now that I've got a kid interested in Sophia and TESU with hubby, I'm actually interested in supporting him in this one.....

NOt sure how feasible math and TESU works.  I'm trying to build a spreadsheet as I'm typing this.....

But I am really convinced that TESU might be a good option if I can build him a good degree plan, especially since dad is studying hard for UMPI........
College for a young person is a lot more than just flying through classes IMO. It’s a very formative learning experience and absolutely not a waste of money.

These programs were mostly made for adult learners. If my parents pushed this on me vs going off to college I’d be pissed. Of course if he has no desire to do college for real then I guess it doesn’t matter lol.

So true.  College is a whole experience in life.  My son still waffles between whether or not to go to college.  If he wants to go to traditional college, I 100% support that.  But if he doesn’t or wants to go a different route, I’m also encouraging him to chip away at credits or do one of the free degrees he can get from his employer.  His best friends are a year behind him in school so he’s also mentioned delaying until he can go to college with his friends.  It’s such a hard choice at his age because the future is wide open.
He is actively interested in doing Sophia  and testing to get his undergrad right now.   It's his choice and I'll leave it up to him.   He's seen his older siblings go through trad college so he's not naive.

He also has an older brother who is a plumber and making really good money, so he's also weighing the trades.   Right now I'm doing my best to let him weigh all of his options.   But he did spend this morning on Sophia and enjoyed it, so I'll let him take the lead.   What my job is now is to give him the best possible choices.   

We have 5 kids so he has an ability to see a lot of options first-hand.  He's also seen me get my bachelor's quickly and he has a good head on his shoulders.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
[-] The following 2 users Like burbuja0512's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 156 90,450 08-31-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: mvicari
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 9 610 08-28-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 252 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 18 1,222 08-25-2024, 11:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 428 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 381 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  TESU MAN-4350 bigkahoona724 3 362 08-16-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 411 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  U. Of Tennessee Knoxville - Will they accept ACE? Miggies 4 316 08-06-2024, 06:15 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 793 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood