Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC - No longer accepting ACE credits
Does anyone know if TAMUC will accept credits from Pierpont or ONU in place of ACE credits?
(06-20-2022, 07:26 PM)VanillaBean Wrote: Does anyone know if TAMUC will accept credits from Pierpont or ONU in place of ACE credits?

Pierpont and ONU are both RA schools, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-20-2022, 07:26 PM)VanillaBean Wrote: Does anyone know if TAMUC will accept credits from Pierpont or ONU in place of ACE credits?

Courses completed at Pierpont and ONU would be RA courses so they would be eligible for transfer. Classes transferred to Pierpont would have to be reviewed based on their own transcripts from where they were completed. So you can't transfer Visual Communications from Sophia, for example, to Pierpont and then say that's a Pierpont course.
That's right, if you're transferring Pierpont courses to TAMUC, those courses must be courses taken at Pierpont, otherwise they'll just look at where the source of the courses are from and determine they're ACE credits. From the homeschooling families, StraighterLine (and SL has a guarantee for transfers too!) was the ACE credits that they stopped taking, I'm thinking they'll go down the entire list of ACE providers and close the ACE option down for good. We'll see when more info is provided over the week...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good news! The competency based ORG Leadership degree still accepts ACE credits, its the non competency based programs that do not. Here is the email I just received.
"The BS in Bus Admin does NOT accept ACE credits but the BAAS-ORGL does if they are necessary."
[-] The following 6 users Like teejayb's post:
  • jsd, origamishuttle, rachel83az, raekwon, ss20ts, Tedium
This is a very confusing development. I hope the BAAS program is in fact still accepting ACE credits. If anyone has experience with this after this point, please update. My husband is trying to enroll in that program soon.
(07-02-2022, 07:56 PM)christinadq Wrote: This is a very confusing development.  I hope the BAAS program is in fact still accepting ACE credits.  If anyone has experience with this after this point, please update.  My husband is trying to enroll in that program soon.

I think the BAAS CBE program has always accepted ACE, while the regular school programs never have.  So this was just a post by someone who was asking the wrong question in the wrong place at the school in the first place.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • christinadq, origamishuttle, Tedium
As somebody posted before, each program can be different. We see that in UMPI were CBE has differences to the normal brick and mortar. They just decided to stablish these differences now in this case. Maybe they change again in the future. Still in general we see more places to go with distance education and courses over the time as education online is expanding. This is bound to change the traditional rules of education, availability and cost, but also how university react to credits from other places.
(06-20-2022, 10:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's right, if you're transferring Pierpont courses to TAMUC, those courses must be courses taken at Pierpont, otherwise they'll just look at where the source of the courses are from and determine they're ACE credits.  From the homeschooling families, StraighterLine (and SL has a guarantee for transfers too!) was the ACE credits that they stopped taking, I'm thinking they'll go down the entire list of ACE providers and close the ACE option down for good.  We'll see when more info is provided over the week...
Hi 
Can you post link of homeschooling families please
Is there any thought as to the reasons why schools (or programs) might stop taking ACE credits, where they had previously?
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (086/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC - Accepted KagomeH 5 464 09-09-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Bachelors Public Admin - City Planning is approved (CBE) bradm31 1 271 08-05-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  New TAMUC Competency-Based Programs? RbxFunRocks 10 1,169 08-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bradm31
  Thanks to everyone here I am now enrolled at TAMUC CCRB 3 336 08-03-2024, 01:43 PM
  TAMUC New CBE Program bradm31 2 345 08-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  TAMUC General Studies (BGS CBE) bradm31 10 513 08-01-2024, 10:03 AM
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 13 2,750 07-29-2024, 06:24 PM
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 30 6,475 07-29-2024, 06:18 PM
  TAMUC diploma arrived ltw900rr 9 795 07-29-2024, 06:16 PM
  TAMUC - TSI Math Placement ReyMysterioso 9 593 07-19-2024, 03:03 PM