Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC - Accepted
Hello! Based on other advice on the forum and also advice from my junior college, I transferred to TAMUC for Fall I.

I was torn a bit between using my AS in Criminal Justice for the Criminal Justice or General Studies CBE or my AAS in Medical Lab Technology for the Safety and Health or Health Services Administration. I am waiting to speak with TAMUC advisor to double check next week but I decided on the Safety and Health BAAS degree with the Criminal Justice BAAS degree a back-up option. I hope the meeting with the advisor will help me maximize my other credits but either way, I am super excited.

Note people needing the Texas Government credit:

I already took this class before ever visiting these forums. However, there are few options people may consider before taking it with TAMUC if the credit is too much. While not CBE based, many community colleges offer it online for eight or sixteen week sessions during the fall, spring, and summer sessions. If you need help, I can try to help you find it. My class for 16 weeks was $382. They also offer it in an eight week term that passes quickly. I thought this information may help if someone needs to "stretch" it out a bit longer.
[-] The following 3 users Like KagomeH's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr, Vle045
Congratulations on getting started with TAMUC. With 2 Associates, you should be maxing out your transfer credits. My wife transferred in 2 Associates and just had to take the 10 courses for the Major and the 2 upper level electives.

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • KagomeH
I have maxed out my credits and honestly, some classes I do not mind taking at TAMUC.

I am currently studying for Safety and Health BAAS degree. I am trying to "push" myself to finish as quickly as possible while working full-time and studying the materials. While I could possibly finish more classes each semester, my goal is to finish by February 2025. As long as I finish my two classes (though personal goal is three classes each seven weeks) and still allow myself a day of "rest" if needed. I feel this pace is great for me while allowing me time to focus on my personal life and studying healthcare related topics for my work.

I currently finished the following courses this weekend (classwork pending grades):
Natural Disasters
Contemporary Mathematics
[-] The following 3 users Like KagomeH's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr
Crush it!! You can do it!!
Congrats on getting thus far for now! Yes, it's a good idea that you max the transfer credits, the main thing or only thing you need should be the classes for residency! Woo, I'm so happy for you, TAMUC is a great institution! Good luck on the rest of the classes...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Way to go!! Keep up the good work, and keep pushing through the classes!!!

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC Bachelors Public Admin - City Planning is approved (CBE) bradm31 1 271 08-05-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  New TAMUC Competency-Based Programs? RbxFunRocks 10 1,169 08-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bradm31
  Thanks to everyone here I am now enrolled at TAMUC CCRB 3 336 08-03-2024, 01:43 PM
  TAMUC New CBE Program bradm31 2 345 08-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  TAMUC General Studies (BGS CBE) bradm31 10 513 08-01-2024, 10:03 AM
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 13 2,750 07-29-2024, 06:24 PM
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 30 6,475 07-29-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC diploma arrived ltw900rr 9 795 07-29-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  SNHU Culmination Experience- Sophia PHL-316 not accepted ecomony 12 1,020 07-29-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: ab10365
  TAMUC - TSI Math Placement ReyMysterioso 9 593 07-19-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso