Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer II waiting for conferral
I saw several threads with people mentioning that they were conferred within a week or two of the end of the Summer II session. Are there still other people waiting for conferral? I applied for graduation 3 weeks into the session and everything looks good, I’m just getting nervous.
Mine was conferred today so they are still working on them. I applied for graduation about two weeks into the session I think.
Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science, Minors: Management Info Systems & Political Science, summa cum laude
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
(09-13-2023, 09:41 PM)Mcroberson Wrote: I saw several threads with people mentioning that they were conferred within a week or two of the end of the Summer II session. Are there still other people waiting for conferral? I applied for graduation 3 weeks into the session and everything looks good, I’m just getting nervous.
I just checked, and mine is not conferred yet.  I applied during Summer I session, thinking I would be done then.  I emailed last week asking if there is anything additional needed from me and have not received a response yet.
They're a smaller institution and they're very busy at this time of year, make sure you complete your degree requirements, apply for graduation, and wait. If it's been a week or two, email your advisor, register, or other contacts asking about the status of your application for graduation.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-14-2023, 09:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: They're a smaller institution and they're very busy at this time of year, make sure you complete your degree requirements, apply for graduation, and wait.  If it's been a week or two, email your advisor, register, or other contacts asking about the status of your application for graduation.
I’ve emailed them to verify that I’ve met all of the requirements and they have confirmed. I just thought it was odd that people were saying they were conferred just a week after the session when they say it should take 4-6 weeks. I was just looking for validation from other members that they’ve been conferred recently and that looks to be the case. I’ll wait a couple more weeks before I bother anyone at UMPI if I haven’t received anything as I know they’re busy.

(09-13-2023, 11:10 PM)Tswede Wrote: Mine was conferred today so they are still working on them.  I applied for graduation about two weeks into the session I think.

Thank you. That makes me feel better to know that they’re still working on them.
I am waiting on mine still . I wonder how they priortize the degrees, I wonder if its by Student ID # or by Graduation App date or a combination of the two.

University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI): BLS (Minors in MGMT,  Project MGMT,  Social Studies, Business Administration)
(09-13-2023, 11:10 PM)Tswede Wrote: Mine was conferred today so they are still working on them.  I applied for graduation about two weeks into the session I think.

Thank you. That makes me feel better to know that they’re still working on them.

(09-14-2023, 10:13 AM)grogers14 Wrote: I am waiting on mine still . I wonder how they priortize the degrees, I wonder if its by Student ID # or by Graduation App date or a combination of the two.

It's probably a better mental model to think of it as completely random, like the lottery, or a cosmic joke — you know — something comparable.  Big Grin
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • grogers14
They are awarding degrees based on an alphabetical list. I sent an email yesterday requesting an expedited conferral process and they jumped the alphabetical list and awarded my degree.
Yeah, I guess the only option is to email them for confirmation that you should be graduating as you've already applied for graduation and have the requirements fulfilled.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 14 747 Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
Lightbulb Dr. Zaborney Summer 2 lv702777 3 381 07-04-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 23 10,792 05-29-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Info on professors active for summer I kyledudedog 6 543 05-29-2024, 10:30 AM
  2024 Summer Sessions -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 8 1,075 05-03-2024, 08:21 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Process for conferral application? Deadline is 31st March! FM1 11 860 04-08-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: FM1
  Starting Masters After Degree Conferral Question Infinite-Telephone52 7 1,075 09-14-2023, 10:23 AM
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 656 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
  2023 SUMMER 1 COHORT - CHAT LakeMomNY 42 4,354 07-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: lumina
  Waiting for degree conferral csangaletti 5 835 06-15-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: csangaletti