Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study Prep for MOS Certifications?
KenJ Wrote:https://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics/office2016/

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but at least they're free.

Most helpful answer yet, but I am not looking to become an excel master, I only want to pass the MOS certification. I hactually hate MS office and only doing this for the credit
Does your employer have an employee Skillsoft program? (For military members/AD dependents, there used to be a Skillport access program. Don't know if they still offer this - hubs retired in 2011.)

Anyway, if you can't get it via employer, you have a couple of options. Join IEEE as a student, and then join the IEEE Computer Society as a student. (You can add this to your general membership either at the time of signup or later on.) That gets you access to IEEE Skillsoft education. Or join the Association for Computing Machinery...they just changed their membership categories so double check to see which gets you Skillsoft access (ACM Learning Center). Why Skillsoft? Because they have full training programs for a cr@pton of certifications...here's the Skillsoft Certification Catalogue.

ETA - for folks wanting Lynda access but their library doesn't have it...the premium LinkedIn subscription includes Lynda access. Also, for TESU students, we all got memberships to the NJ State Library. I didn't poke in detail, but it seems that with this, we might be able to participate in "LibraryLinkNJ" which *does* include Lynda. (See this page - it seems access to Lynda requires registering & using at set times, I didn't read it).
jwatson1 Wrote:Most helpful answer yet, but I am not looking to become an excel master, I only want to pass the MOS certification. I hactually hate MS office and only doing this for the credit

If you look at the link I posted, the course goes over the same topics as the certification test. It's a version older than 2016, but there is not much of a difference between the two. I took a 2010 course using Microsoft Office 2007.

You're focused way too much on study materials that are specifically made for the MOS certifications when all you need are the skills in Excel and Access to pass. Focus on learning the content that is covered by the exam rather than whether or not a study source is specifically targeting the exam.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:If you look at the link I posted, the course goes over the same topics as the certification test. It's a version older than 2016, but there is not much of a difference between the two. I took a 2010 course using Microsoft Office 2007.

You're focused way too much on study materials that are specifically made for the MOS certifications when all you need are the skills in Excel and Access to pass. Focus on learning the content that is covered by the exam rather than whether or not a study source is specifically targeting the exam.

EXACTLY!

And yes, if you want to pass the MOS certification exam, becoming very good at Excel is one way to do that! I could probably pass right now because I've spent the last 20 years using Excel, almost on a daily basis. Since the exam is a hands-on test, where you have to DO some things with Excel, just knowing the answers to some questions isn't enough. You need to know what you're doing with the program, in order to move quickly enough through all of the material to pass.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 131 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 475 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 237 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  "Hopefully, I Don’t Get Canceled for This": Renewing IT Certifications is a Scam LevelUP 5 327 06-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 731 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 795 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 448 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,129 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,277 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader